JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife did, I don't remember where or how much it cost. I took the MultCo one, and it was excruciatingly boring, and didn't teach you anything, so I was happy with checking the box off with the one online.

My wife did, I don't remember where or how much it cost. I took the MultCo one, and it was excruciatingly boring, and didn't teach you anything, so I was happy with checking the box off with the one online.

Haha, so did I. Some very large truck driver who was a volunteer police officer was the instructor. He knew everything, you knew nothing, and he held his own opinions in the highest regards.

Edit: Sorry if this is anyone on the forum, but you're wrong on so many levels.

My son took his class on line this summer at OregonCHLtraining.com. I think the cost was either $35 or $45. At the end of the class you print up a certificate and he had absolutely no problem getting his CHL through Marion County. To be fair, he was already an accomplished shooter and knows a great deal about firearms.

Don't expect to learn much from the course unless you know absolutely nothing about firearms. The course assumes you have never even held a weapon and that you don't know the barrel from the butt. After the first chapter he went to the exam and scored 43 out of 44. I thought he was right about the one he missed and I would have answered it the same way he did. If the face to face course is anything like the online course I cannot imagine sitting through it.

I used or-chl.com I also had two friends use it as well. It was only $10 IIRC and there isn't even a test.
I used this one, it was simple and accepted without question in Yamhill county.
I would only recommend it for experienced people however; others should take a live class.

Last Edited:
Full disclosure - I'm an NRA certified firearms instructor and reserve deputy for a EO rural sheriff's department and my company offers basic pistol instruction.
While I struggle with even the concept of requiring a CHL I think online classes are asking for trouble. I've seen way too many folks that "have been around firearms my whole life" that need hands on experience with handgun manipulation, self defense basics knowledge and maybe most of all, the opportunity to meet like-minded people. I think any experienced member here would agree that obtaining a CHL and being a responsible and confident conceal carrier are not the same. My hope is that everyone carrying a CHL is competent, confident and committed to improving their civic responsibilities. The reality is that not all are. My goal would be to breakdown the "good 'ol boys" exclusivity misnomers - You can only do that by getting new shooters/carriers with responsible experienced carriers. JMHO.

Certainly many gun owners, especially those with no formal training, could at least use some education on what the law is regarding when you can use lethal force. Some could also use basic firearm safety training.

But there are those of us who have already had this training - in the USCG I was essentially a federal LEO.

I had several weeks of training in shoot/no shoot (including video training with plastic bullets), classes on policy on when to use lethal force, exercises in building clearing and arrest techniques taught by the OSP (that was fun). I've been through multiple firearm safety courses from the time I was old enough to get a hunting license until I left the military. Unfortunately, last time I looked, I could not find my military records (I am sure they are buried somewhere in my stuff).

I doubt that an in-person class meant primarily for those who have never touched a gun before would teach me much that an online course couldn't teach me.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread because of all the CC type guns I witnessed being looked at and purchased leading up to Christmas at Cabela's.

Anybody recently got their CHL course online? Any new advice/recommendations, as I now find myself with an LCP.380 and am not Legal to carry it concealed?

Read the thread. There are several online options for you. And to answer your question, you CANNOT legally carry concealed without a CHL. And you don't want to get caught without one.

Read the thread. There are several online options for you. And to answer your question, you CANNOT legally carry concealed without a CHL. And you don't want to get caught without one.

Yeah, even I know that! :DLOL. I have restricted myself to CC in my own home until I get Legal with my new .380 mouse gun.

The question was if anything new going on with online CC courses someone has taken since the year ago this thread was started?

doubt anything has changed.
i got my CHL using the class on... http://or-chl.com/
but it was over a year ago and it was in Lane County.

why do you carry concealed in your home? you're allowed to open carry in public except in certain counties: Astoria, Beaverton, Independence, Newport, Oregon City, Portland, Salem, Tigard, and Multnomah County.

http://or-chl.com/online.php
doubt anything has changed.
i got my CHL using the class on... http://or-chl.com/
but it was over a year ago and it was in Lane County.

why do you carry concealed in your home? you're allowed to open carry in public except in certain counties: Astoria, Beaverton, Independence, Newport, Oregon City, Portland, Salem, Tigard, and Multnomah County.
Just testing the holster and different pants and methods. I see these classes range from $10 to $55 I guess I'll go with the cheapest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top