JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun control is not working but these incidences surely bring more gun restrictions in Cali and National.

This mass shooting phenomena has impact all races, age, and communities. Those two killers, Asian senior males 72, 67, are not your typical mass shooter type. Usually young white males. These two shootings will have profilers rethink what a mass shooter would likely be.

Mental health comes in all race, color, gender and age. So much mental health problems in today's society. This got me thinking how many gun owners out there has mental health issues? If anybody you know have mental health issue, please go seek help. There is public resources available.
Unfortunately since seeing a mental health professional can result in the loss of an owners guns yada yada.

How is gun control 'not working'?
It certainly disarmed all of the victims

Looks like an uptick with those assault pistols. Presumably, all these victims so far have been unarmed and unprotected by government. Did the elected official mention that?

Meanwhile, the government drops off the crazies at the medical hospital where they stay untreated on your dime until they ask to leave. We need mental hospitals reopened, Red Flag laws the mentally sick people (like we used to have) and self defense laws loosened.

Two old Asian dudes are the perps… it can only be these things as the motive.

Elder mob bosses taking care of disrespectful soldiers.

Angry family elders taking care of rebellious youngsters.

A "Gran Torino" situation concerning standing on the grass in the front yard.
4) Noticed the relatively small news bites recently of the CCP having secret police stations in the US? I believe one was uncovered in LA recently

Not saying that is what it is, in fact I lean towards option 1. But it is another more insidious option.

Long time ago the employer thought it would be a great idea for me to relocate to the LA basin. The paycheck was never late, so I had to agree. Anyone who didn't have their head buried in the sand, knew organized crime and street gangs owned & controlled most of LA. Law enforcement showed up in no less than six patrol vehicles to issues in the gang's turf.

Every two years a jury summons arrived in my mailbox. Served several times as a juror on murder trials. Gang members, kids, killing other kids, and gang members as the first step to become a member of a street gang. All this to control their turf.............drugs, extorsion, prostitution; to name a few.

Our political leaders know this and still have their heads buried in the sand. There is plenty of money flowing in the drug culture of the US of A. Only those involved would let this happen.

Foreverlost,

Long time ago the employer thought it would be a great idea for me to relocate to the LA basin. The paycheck was never late, so I had to agree. Anyone who didn't have their head buried in the sand, knew organized crime and street gangs owned & controlled most of LA. Law enforcement showed up in no less than six patrol vehicles to issues in the gang's turf.

Every two years a jury summons arrived in my mailbox. Served several times as a juror on murder trials. Gang members, kids, killing other kids, and gang members as the first step to become a member of a street gang. All this to control their turf.............drugs, extorsion, prostitution; to name a few.

Our political leaders know this and still have their heads buried in the sand. There is plenty of money flowing in the drug culture of the US of A. Only those involved would let this happen.

Foreverlost,
I spent 3 years doing after school programs to get high schoolers out of gangs or to keep them out in the first place in the Los Angeles area. It was hell on earth. I have some absolutely bonkers stories from there. Lost a few kids to the race war that was ongoing. The so called "Black versus Brown war." I almost lost my life there. I have been in a building under gang siege. Had to have LAPD break up the ring of Bloods around the building.

I spent 3 years doing after school programs to get high schoolers out of gangs or to keep them out in the first place in the Los Angeles area. It was hell on earth. I have some absolutely bonkers stories from there. Lost a few kids to the race war that was ongoing. The so called "Black versus Brown war." I almost lost my life there. I have been in a building under gang siege. Had to have LAPD break up the ring of Bloods around the building.
Sad to say, there is nothing else for those living in the gang's turf. In the late 1970's manufacturing & industry started to leave the US. Pensions, healthcare, environmental regulations, unions, labor relations, drove business and employment opportunities out of the US. In short, join a gang or die.

In the US of A................. illegal drugs are easy money. Oregon's Measure 110 shows who supports our drug culture and gangs. When I read articles like the Half Moon Bay shooting the first question in my mind, "illegal drugs & gangs" where do they fit in? Why aren't these facts included in the propaganda?

later........Foreverlost,

Sad to say, there is nothing else for those living in the gang's turf. In the late 1970's manufacturing & industry started to leave the US. Pensions, healthcare, environmental regulations, unions, labor relations, drove business and employment opportunities out of the US. In short, join a gang or die.

In the US of A................. illegal drugs are easy money. Oregon's Measure 110 shows who supports our drug culture and gangs. When I read articles like the Half Moon Bay shooting the first question in my mind, "illegal drugs & gangs" where do they fit in? Why aren't these facts included in the propaganda?

later........Foreverlost,
I get what you are saying, but there is still personal responsibility. The woke culture telling these kids, it's not your fault. You were born with a disadvantage, plus you're not that smart, doesn't help. Millions of people based in certain zip codes are trained to wait on government because success will never naturally come their way. Lotto, drugs and criminality will be your keys to success.

But it's not true. From my experience, real examples of success, follows the people that leave. Some times only moving a few miles can be life changing. But getting away from the BS is key. Of the young boys from my actual block from my era, outside of myself, my brother and one kid across the street (who later died of a heart attack with 9 kids), no one escaped jail or murder that I ever kept up with. Mainly drug related.

Though, I know cases from the "good side" of town where people I know OD from drugs but that skips the violence. That said, in the early 80s, I had two high school friends. One went in the Army. Home on leave from Grenada survive a shot to the stomach. Some one asked for directions and as he walked to the car they shot him. And another on leave from Marines boot camp was murdered at a party. This was Covina/La Puente, considered nice areas at the time.

I get what you are saying, but there is still personal responsibility. The woke culture telling these kids, it's not your fault. You were born with a disadvantage, plus you're not that smart, doesn't help. Millions of people based in certain zip codes are trained to wait on government because success will never naturally come their way. Lotto, drugs and criminality will be your keys to success.

But it's not true. From my experience, real examples of success, follows the people that leave. Some times only moving a few miles can be life changing. But getting away from the BS is key. Of the young boys from my actual block from my era, outside of myself, my brother and one kid across the street (who later died of a heart attack with 9 kids), no one escaped jail or murder that I ever kept up with. Mainly drug related.

Though, I know cases from the "good side" of town where people I know OD from drugs but that skips the violence. That said, in the early 80s, I had two high school friends. One went in the Army. Home on leave from Grenada survive a shot to the stomach. Some one asked for directions and as he walked to the car they shot him. And another on leave from Marines boot camp was murdered at a party. This was Covina/La Puente, considered nice areas at the time.
I grew up near the recent Goshen murders. From my old block the only ones that made it out alive by age 19 were me and my 3 brothers. One made it to jail, but I heard he did not make it to his 19th birthday and was beaten to death in there. Another took a stray bullet to the temple while pushing his mom in a wheelchair to mass. (one of the nicest guys I ever met) Two of the guys across the street died of stabbings. One being robbed and one in a drug deal.

You get used to death early in that environment.

I left. I am relatively successful but I will say while there was a lot of hard work, there was a lot of dumb luck that went my way at key points. My older brother is wildly successful. My younger brothers are doing okay.

Last Edited:
These recent publicized murders are unique based on age and race. But the majority of murders and other crimes, especially in California in part, are a result of hopelessness and ignorance. Both can easily be addressed if we can kill the woke narratives, welfare mentalities and demand accountability. It's about to get worse as cartels are gaining footholds in California.

Two old Asian dudes are the perps… it can only be these things as the motive.

Elder mob bosses taking care of disrespectful soldiers.

Angry family elders taking care of rebellious youngsters.

A "Gran Torino" situation concerning standing on the grass in the front yard.

Unfortunately since seeing a mental health professional can result in the loss of an owners guns yada yada.

How is gun control 'not working'?
Good point. Getting mental health help might get your guns taken away? Part of the red flag law? I thought that medical info are private? I guess that's one reason why many people don't want to seek mental health help during a mental crisis. . And probably can't even get their guns back. Very unfortunate indeed. Have their guns get taken away is not good but if the person is nuts, yes they should. That person might be a danger to themselves and to others. Kind of a no win situation when it comes to senseless shootings and mass killings.

Good point. Getting mental health help might get your guns taken away? Part of the red flag law? I thought that medical info are private? I guess that's one reason why many people don't want to seek mental health help during a mental crisis. . And probably can't even get their guns back. Very unfortunate indeed. Have their guns get taken away is not good but if the person is nuts, yes they should. That person might be a danger to themselves and to others. Kind of a no win situation when it comes to senseless shootings and mass killings.
You are mistaken. Almost universally, ERPOs contain a directive for the medical professional to notify local LEO of the subject's mental state and recommendation to confiscate firearms. Read almost any ERPO that has been passed; it will say that LEO must be notified. You know what happens after that...

The real crime with ERPOs is that whomever files the ERPO has no duty for their request to be accurate. It can effectively fall under the same "revenge/hate/disagreement mechanism" as SWATting. Just call and say you think Mr. X is whacko, and Bingo! ERPO is on the way to save the day... :rolleyes:

But the guy in Cannon Beach, losing an argument to the stop sign, could probably use mental health facilities more than he needs a gun. Only problem is homelessness is a real option verses previous generations. Some would rather do as they like than live within the lines or live with rules. But why, Portland, Or. Los Angeles, Ca a lot of mental cases and homeless. Columbus, Oh very little of the same?

Yuuuuuup.

(Reuters) - In a span of less than 72 hours, a massacre at a Monterey Park dance studio and a killing spree at two farms in Half Moon Bay left California in anguish. One man carried out his attack with a gun banned by the state, while the other used a gun he legally owned, police said.

The twin shootings, which left 18 people dead, once again drew attention to the patchwork of laws, court rulings and workarounds that have made the United States the gun capital of the world. Even in California, a state with some of the country's strictest gun laws, the limits can be sidestepped.

"It does illustrate the challenges of regulating state by state when firearms are so easily carried across state lines," said J. Adam Skaggs, chief counsel at the gun safety group Giffords Law Center. "I think the California experience underscores the challenges of regulating these things on a state-by-state basis, as opposed to at the national level."

But the guy in Cannon Beach, losing an argument to the stop sign, could probably use mental health facilities more than he needs a gun. Only problem is homelessness is a real option verses previous generations. Some would rather do as they like than live within the lines or live with rules. But why, Portland, Or. Los Angeles, Ca a lot of mental cases and homeless. Columbus, Oh very little of the same?
Oregon is a Mecca for the nation's homeless and mentally ill. a lot of cities and states send them here via bus and in some cases airline flight. Also mental health beds have been cut over the last few years if anybody actually pays attention past the lip service politicians give. When Unity opened it was actually a net loss in beds in the Metro area.

You are mistaken. Almost universally, ERPOs contain a directive for the medical professional to notify local LEO of the subject's mental state and recommendation to confiscate firearms. Read almost any ERPO that has been passed; it will say that LEO must be notified. You know what happens after that...

The real crime with ERPOs is that whomever files the ERPO has no duty for their request to be accurate. It can effectively fall under the same "revenge/hate/disagreement mechanism" as SWATting. Just call and say you think Mr. X is whacko, and Bingo! ERPO is on the way to save the day... :rolleyes:
Same with CPS. My daughter had an accident where she fainted while standing then faceplanted into the tile floor. Hospital did a piss poor job treating her AND was kind enough to call CPS. Got to love mandatory reporters.

Oregon is a Mecca for the nation's homeless and mentally ill. a lot of cities and states send them here via bus and in some cases airline flight. Also mental health beds have been cut over the last few years if anybody actually pays attention past the lip service politicians give. When Unity opened it was actually a net loss in beds in the Metro area.
I know this isn't every case, but my wife works at a hospital. They have long term homeless people that they can't release because they either don't have a permanent address or have learned to use key phases so the hospital can't kick them out. The term, Public Safety, has been reduced to lip service. When Portland, for example fails, we all pay for it. These great ideas, never end and the suffering continues. It was either Oakland or San Francisco where a crazy guy, known to the residents, recently stabbed an elderly woman. No Red Flags for the real threats.

I know this isn't every case, but my wife works at a hospital. They have long term homeless people that they can't release because they either don't have a permanent address or have learned to use key phases so the hospital can't kick them out. The term, Public Safety, has been reduced to lip service. When Portland, for example fails, we all pay for it. These great ideas, never end and the suffering continues. It was either Oakland or San Francisco where a crazy guy, known to the residents, recently stabbed an elderly woman. No Red Flags for the real threats.
It takes more than using words to stay in the hospital. You generally have to convince a psychiatrist you mean it. This is harder than you might think. Sure if you say you are going to kill yourself it might earn you a night here and there from the uninitiated. (Edie alerts tell us a lot) But you can't use that indefinitely to stay in the hospital, and might earn you a diagnosis of malingering. (I am a psych nurse so I have done quite a bit of the kicking out of the hospital at multiple local hospitals) Also not having a permanent address means we would discharge you with a shelter voucher generally speaking. I am off of the floor right now, but I doubt anything here has changed as the competition over beds in psych wards is going up as the problems we can deal with are just getting more acute

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top