JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That or their target gun demographic is used Hi Points.
If you're unfamiliar with it ,the donation game works like any other emotional addiction ( think gambling).
Get your victim to make a small initial monetary contribution, then praise and repeat. " just a little bit more to reach OUR goal (inclusivity). Your donation may put US over the top." Donor feels the swell of pride and righteousness.
Organization just keeps hounding.
The circle of life.

Another vid of this idiotic event.

I find it interesting a church has gotten involved with this.
I was surprised to see a chapter in Sandy Utah. Where I grew up, our house on a through street, was in Midvale. Across the street was Sandy. I presume all the Mormon churches, in that semi rural area at the time, are still there? I think those Mormon's believe in the second amendment. Whatever church gets involved would have to to be one of them "likes to get in everybody's business" kind of churches. That wasn't what I remembered of The Mormons. Well, unless your a member and get caught living in sin. :oops:

It was mentioned a Lutheran church was the helper.

Dontcha' just love the religious people that decide they have to shoot their ideas up our butts with religion being the powder?
Whet denom. are those WackO's here that got the vote for 114?

As its been pointed out several times already, :s0013: what bothers me the most about all of this is the blatant disregard and ignorance of pre-existing gun laws that these people supported and pushed for. No comprehension of bgc or transfer laws, no intent to acknowledge or even research the laws that apply to sales and transfers. They are blatantly trying to obtain firearms in a criminal manner (albeit, the guns they're obtaining are essentially useless for the purpose of common criminal activity) but they think it's ok because of their "purpose"? These people are a shining example of deaf, blind, and dumb.

These people are a shining example of deaf, blind, and dumb.
You forgot to mention, willfully. As in willfully being deaf, blind and dumb.

Have you ever had to remind someone of your name? Then have them say, no, that's not it. These are the same people that say the next gun law will end all "gun violence" even when they know it won't. But they did, something.

As in willfully being deaf, blind and dumb.
No doubt part of it however I suspect there is a lot of 'genuine' ignorance about the laws as well.

I mean, these are not 'gun people' so they don't know chit from Chinola about even the most basic gun laws I am sure along with their self righteous attitudes they believe they are doing something 'worthy' and 'good for the children', and this creates the illusion they are above the law and therefore don't even concern themselves.

Unfortunately depending on the area, the political 'proclivities' and/or the particular attitude about guns in general they may not have much to worry about.

Last Edited:
No doubt part of it however I suspect there is a lot of 'genuine' ignorance about the laws as well.

I mean, these are not 'gun people' so they don't know chit from Chinola about even the most basic gun laws I am sure along with their self righteous attitudes they believe they are doing something 'worthy' and 'good for the children', and this creates the illusion they are above the law and therefore don't even concern themselves.

Unfortunately depending on the area, the political 'proclivities' and/or the particular attitude about guns in general they may not have much to worry about.
My problem is, how long can one be ignorant? These people have been spreading the same lies and falsehoods for decades in some instances. Theatrics on mainstream news with so called "experts". So, Mary down the street may be in the dark on guns but these law makers 30-40 years in, cannot, not know what they tell people is incorrect.

What even is this?
Blasphemy...

Just saw this on the news, chopping up guns into pieces to be melted down and remade into gardening tools.

I know some people want to get rid of old guns that might be roughed up, broken or salvage, but perfectly fine, functional guns with actual value? How do I get people to stop this insanity and donate them to me? Can we start a shelter for unloved and unwanted guns? It'll be a rehabilitation and fostering center to find them new caring and SAFE homes.
How ironic. 'Those who pound their muskets into plows will plow for those who didn't.'

You forgot to mention, willfully. As in willfully being deaf, blind and dumb.

Have you ever had to remind someone of your name? Then have them say, no, that's not it. These are the same people that say the next gun law will end all "gun violence" even when they know it won't. But they did, something.
I've lived in cities most of my life and almost no one who is law-abiding knows anything at all about guns, or gun laws except criminals and the occasional war history buff or under the radar vet. The only small town I lived in the only gun most people knew about was a pin-tail big wave surfboard. The criminals most people encounter engaged in property crimes and they don't have guns either, because they would have sold them for a fix. Most gun owning criminals were typically in the drug trade or organized crime and not targeting normal people. City folks don't hunt and even though they eat animals they would would find hunting distasteful. Until recently most were never more than a 3 to five minute response time from a 911 call, and serious to deadly assaults rare enough to consider that the victim hit the anti-lottery and were just exceptionally unlucky. Contrary to the idea that cities are a hotbed of crime, most of the time most violent crime is limited to pretty small geographic areas and that crime doesn't impact most people with any sort of opinion that matters or political power. For most people who live in cities, guns are a problem not a solution. They view guns as things that make dangerous people more dangerous, not tools that can make them safer from dangerous people. They have good intentions and have trouble grasping that firearm ownership has been ruled a constitutional right and only see that firearms are only good for killing people. The aren't necessarily wrong in their circumstance, but they have trouble grasping everybody else's circumstances.

I've lived in cities most of my life and almost no one who is law-abiding knows anything at all about guns, or gun laws except criminals and the occasional war history buff or under the radar vet. The only small town I lived in the only gun most people knew about was a pin-tail big wave surfboard. The criminals most people encounter engaged in property crimes and they don't have guns either, because they would have sold them for a fix. Most gun owning criminals were typically in the drug trade or organized crime and not targeting normal people. City folks don't hunt and even though they eat animals they would would find hunting distasteful. Until recently most were never more than a 3 to five minute response time from a 911 call, and serious to deadly assaults rare enough to consider that the victim hit the anti-lottery and were just exceptionally unlucky. Contrary to the idea that cities are a hotbed of crime, most of the time most violent crime is limited to pretty small geographic areas and that crime doesn't impact most people with any sort of opinion that matters or political power. For most people who live in cities, guns are a problem not a solution. They view guns as things that make dangerous people more dangerous, not tools that can make them safer from dangerous people. They have good intentions and have trouble grasping that firearm ownership has been ruled a constitutional right and only see that firearms are only good for killing people. The aren't necessarily wrong in their circumstance, but they have trouble grasping everybody else's circumstances.
I think it may be a little less severe than you seem to be painting it. I've lived in cities most of my life and met a lot of gun owners. I live in a liberal area now, and routinely strike up conversations with neighbors, people in stores and so forth. Guns come up most of the time when people ask what I've be up to because that's a lot of what I do. I get a positive reaction most of the time, and most of them know at least a little. This is not to say that there are not a lot of people like you describe, but in my experience, it's nowhere near all of them.

A little bird told me if you don't want certain houseguests or relatives to come to your house mention there are guns in the house. It's like a repellent.

They think if there is a gun(s) in the house they are not safe. But walking the streets in dangerous cities with armed criminals around they think they are safe. They don't think independently and only repeat what social media or woke narratives have told them. That's what I've seen around Portland.

but they have trouble grasping everybody else's circumstances.
Their problem is that they don't have common sense. They are not able to analyze a situation and understand how something works. They believe everyone should live as they do. They are democrats. They hate the freedoms that made America the best country in the world. They should get the hell out.

Their problem is that they don't have common sense. They are not able to analyze a situation and understand how something works. They believe everyone should live as they do. They are democrats. They hate the freedoms that made America the best country in the world. They should get the hell out.
Ditto this.

It's like when people continually repeat about how 'they keep getting what they vote for' (or something to this effect) but the FACT is they do not vote for what they want - they vote purely on their feelings and do not care what they get.

A good example of this is how many voted for Obama admittedly only because he is black.

And I suspect most dems want the dem agenda anyway - which includes aspects of communism so there ya have it.

Ditto this.

It's like when people continually repeat about how 'they keep getting what they vote for' (or something to this effect) but the FACT is they do not vote for what they want - they vote purely on their feelings and do not care what they get.

A good example of this is how many voted for Obama admittedly only because he is black.

And I suspect most dems want the dem agenda anyway - which includes aspects of communism so there ya have it.
I don't get what I vote for. I get what the woke idiots in multnomah county vote for. And I don't like it one bit.

I voted for Obama, the first time. It was for sure, partly, because he was black. If I had known what a racist lying dog he would turn out to be?

Dems of today are too way off the rails to do anything but destroy what makes this country great. I'm at the point if the topic ever comes up with one of them dems I'm gonna say "Hey, so you think it's okay for the state to cut the breast off a 12 YO girl, and give a 12YO boy pills that stop his testicles from doing what they are supposed to do and end up with a wienie the size of a Li'l smoky?" "Without their parents consent, or otherwise" "sicko!"

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads