JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The whole thing is mere Utopianism. No scale can come of it on a voluntary basis. The idea of collecting enough guns for melting down and repurposing is absurd. A government mandate a la Australia, that produced mountains of firearms for such processing.

Barrels for garden stakes is about the limit of this proposal and danged few.

On second thought, maybe this hare-brained idea is more about money. Meaning, if they are a non-profit, they can go for grant money regardless of how worthless the idea. Not to mention pimping for donations, which is listed in the heading of their site.

The ones that want to melt firearms wish to make these gardening tools
1686707351895.png

In WA, HB 1024 does not stipulate on the destruction of an 'assault weapon' as an option. In other words, once an 'assault weapon' always an 'assault weapon.' Which means garden tools made from an 'assault weapon' can't be sold or manufactured in WA.

Are the folks who are doing this breaking any laws...?
As in...

Is a FFL transfer or Background check needed...?
Or in the process of "destroying " or "re-purposing" the firearm...was a "Short Barreled Rifle" created..?
Were serial numbers removed...?
Are there ATF rules and or guidelines about how to destroy a firearm...and if so...Are they being followed here...?
Is the once a firearm , now a garden tool...still considered a firearm under ATF rules...?

Please note that I think the idea of turning a firearm into a garden tool...is stupid.
Also note that even though I asked questions about BGC's and the ATF....I ain't a fan of either.
However...
It would be ironic , and enjoyable to learn that these anti-gun people are breaking some of the very laws that they push for...
Or are in agreement with.
Andy

Last Edited:
Are the folks who are doing this breaking any laws...?
As in...

Is a FFL transfer or Background check needed...?
Or in the process of "destroying " or "re-purposing" the firearm...was a "Short Barreled Rifle" created..?
Were serial numbers removed...?
Are there ATF rules and or guidelines about how to destroy a firearm...and if so...Are they being followed here...?

Please note that I think the idea of turning a firearm into a garden tool...is stupid.
Also note that even though I asked questions about BGC and the ATF....I ain't a fan of either.
However...
It would be ironic , and enjoyable to learn that these anti-gun people are breaking some of the very laws that they push for.
Andy
Yeah. They aren't law enforcement or an FFL so "surrendering" a firearm to them constitutes a firearm transfer.... and giving out money cards in exchange constitutes a firearm purchase. I would imagine too, it could be reasonably argued under the "build party" rules as another violation.

From what I understood they basically have to go meet with a person one-on-one, plan to provide the tools and directions for a firearm owner to chop their own firearm... disabling it under the alphabet guidelines... before they can hand over the scrap for repurposing.

The non BP's they already collected are a violation, but you know they would never be charged or held accountable. Laws don't apply to those in-line with the leftist agenda.... right.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top