JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What even is this?
Blasphemy...

Just saw this on the news, chopping up guns into pieces to be melted down and remade into gardening tools.

I know some people want to get rid of old guns that might be roughed up, broken or salvage, but perfectly fine, functional guns with actual value? How do I get people to stop this insanity and donate them to me? Can we start a shelter for unloved and unwanted guns? It'll be a rehabilitation and fostering center to find them new caring and SAFE homes.

It saddens me to hear quality guns are being destroyed however I do not own them. Other than my opinion I have very little if any say in what one does with thier property.

What even is this?
Blasphemy...

Just saw this on the news, chopping up guns into pieces to be melted down and remade into gardening tools.

I know some people want to get rid of old guns that might be roughed up, broken or salvage, but perfectly fine, functional guns with actual value? How do I get people to stop this insanity and donate them to me? Can we start a shelter for unloved and unwanted guns? It'll be a rehabilitation and fostering center to find them new caring and SAFE homes.
It's a variation of Swords to Plowshares

"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. (Isaiah 2:4)."

What I get a kick out of... in their "about" page:

"This has been an especially helpful option of healing for people who have been directly affected by gun violence, taking something that has harmed them, and turning it into something that will help heal them and their community."

Since it wasn't the firearm that snuck out of it's holster, unbeknownst to it's owner, and shot their loved one... isn't it more befitting to have a recycling program converting criminals into garden mulch??

Just sayin.....

Last Edited:
I found an answer to my question:

Volunteer as a Blacksmith or artist

Volunteers are needed to create life-giving tools from dismantled gun pieces. Do you have a vision for creating garden tools or art from metal? Email us at [email protected] to get in touch.

Gee, lets create a stupid idea and then ask for volunteers who have skills, possibly expensive equipment and little time on their hands to perform all the work for free.

Last Edited:

"This has been an especially helpful option of healing for people who have been directly affected by gun violence, taking something that has harmed them, and turning it into something that will help heal them and their community."

Since it wasn't the firearm that snuck out of it's holster, unbeknownst to it's owner, and shot their loved one... isn't it more befitting to have a recycling program converting criminals into garden mulch??

Just sayin.....
Then he gets in his car, which may not have been designed to hurt people, but it's hurt, maimed, killed a lot of people.

I found an answer to my question:

Volunteer as a Blacksmith or artist

Volunteers are needed to create life-giving tools from dismantled gun pieces. Do you have a vision for creating garden tools or art from metal? Email us at [email protected] to get in touch.

Gee, lets create a stupid idea and then ask for volunteers who have skills, possibly expensive equipment and little time on their hands to perform all the work for free.
Link them to that guy that made an AK out of a shovel.

Just sayin.....
You win the internet with this reply, sir.

I'm seriously thinking of offering my services (welder/metal fabricator) to them, and asking them to start sending guns, parts etc. to me and well, I'll send them back a few garden tools that well, MAY be 'sort of' made from old guns and parts....
When it was on the news, it showed them at the donation site running guns through a chop saw on site. I don't think you'd get much use out of anything they'd send you.

What even is this?
Blasphemy...

They did the same thing in Britain but with knives. My guess is it's based on that. Some bs effort for them to make $ ultimately I would guess.

I hope someone collects all their garden tools and melts them down to make guns.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top