JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard Ruger was having problems developing a reliable 5 shot magazine.:s0070:

The rifles were made but never offered for sale they had multiple issues reverse engineering or scaling the mini 14 action up to handle 308 . Ruger actually did sell of the of the XGI prototype rifles on Gun Broker a few years ago.

I remember the write ups at the time wanted one, but alas they materialized. In a similar vein people who wanted a 22 Magnum in a 10/22 would buy an AMT 25/22 and have it converted to 22 magnum , then Ruger finally introduced a 10/22 Magnum and then killed it after less than 10 years .

But I can see why 22 Magnum has never been as popular as some think it is . Back when I actively trapped and varmint hunted it was and still is in my estimate the perfect gun for such tasks. Given the cost of the ammo though I would rather have a 221 fireball, 218 Bee or a Hornet for the task simply because they can mimic the 22 WMR and they are reloadable.

They were available I physically saw a couple on the shelf at Fred Baker's Outdoor America back in the 1980's . The problem was they were not for people on a budget, as a younger fella at the time all I could ever do was dream about such fodder . I do remember going there in circa 1990 -1992 and buying a Dragunov for $1500 which was a pretty tidy sum for me to spend on a gun at the time.

I also remember being so thoroughly underwhelmed by the fact that the accuracy of the rifle did not mirror it's evil soviet death ray appearance that I sold it a year later for exactly what I paid for it. In retrospect I honestly wish I have kept the SVD given what they sell for now days.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top