JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Andy I think most of us value your opinions as they are usually well thought out and never condescending.
. Also you have a large experience base to draw upon.
Gabby

Thank you very much...!

You're going to bring that to the next BP shoot at Grants Pass I hope , you said you'd let me know if you're coming down, besides I want to meet you and maybe pick your brain some more.
Gabby
Sure will and looking forward to meeting you as well.
Andy

I guess my point here is I get tired of the "mall ninja" moniker. Yes, I own a plate carrier and a belt system. Yes, I own lots of Glocks and AR's. I'm not an "operator" (I hate that term BTW).

I'm a dude that shoots and likes firearms. Respects his country, his family, his freedom and his flag. If you don't like that or feel that my choice of guns goes against everything you stand for maybe YOU should look in the mirror and ask yourself exactly WHERE does all the divisiveness originate....

Because 30 rounds of .22 Mag that's why...
The PMR30 is a loud, obnoxious, fire breathing monster.. and probably the funnest pistol I've ever shot!
Can't wait for the new .22lr version. Only other keltec I'd own is the KSG.
I wouldn't really trust any of the Florida made guns with my life...I have other "tools" for that application.
Each tool has is purpose. Kel-Tec is innovative if nothing else...
They give us fun affordable alternatives to the SCARs, Tavors, Five-Sevens, etc.
it's companys like PSA and Bear creek that grind my gears.
Flooding the market with cheap crap that drives the value of decent guns into the dirt because most people don't understand why a BCM AR should cost $1500 when they can get an identical "looking" rifle from PSA for $400.
To most people it doesn't matter, They don't shoot competitively or even regularly. They own an AR now and that's all that matters.
And spot on about the KelTec PMR 30
What a hoot to shoot!

To most people it doesn't matter, They don't shoot competitively or even regularly. They own an AR now and that's all that matters.
And spot on about the KelTec PMR 30
What a hoot to shoot!
Admittedly that is a plus, because the more people that own ARs (junk or not) the more people that will vote and align with the politics that let them keep them.
I just hope that if the time comes...that $60 BCA barrel that cousin Ed put on with a pipe wrench, and threw on a PSA blemish lower for him...will actually spit lead to protect them from whatever is activly threatening their life or liberty, and the headspace isn't too far off to cycle through that half box of Wolf ammo they have in the safe.

Admittedly that is a plus, because the more people that own ARs (junk or not) the more people that will vote and align with the politics that let them keep them.
I just hope that if the time comes...that $60 BCA barrel that cousin Ed put on with a pipe wrench, and threw on a PSA blemish lower for him...will actually spit lead to protect them from whatever is activly threatening their life or liberty, and the headspace isn't too far off to cycle through that half box of Wolf ammo they have in the safe.
Lol!

Ah, 'tis wonderful to finally be able to read such an erstwhile discussion again on NFWA. How I have missed ya'll all during our recent relocation to OR. No more King County for us. Sitting here in my fav recliner [delivered yesterday with everything else we own] howling with amusement again at the postings. Nothing much to add besides everyone knows that the 1911 is the only TRUE pistol ever created. LOL. Yes, it is nice to be back. BTW- the Yaquina River really sparkles with the sun shine. Reflects nicely off my 1911 too.

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

Of course A table full of muzzleloaders will get my interest faster that a table full of AR15's...but that is not to say that one is superior than another...just that I prefer one to another.

It would be a boring forum and gun world if we all liked and shot the same firearms....
Andy
Lol that's true .
But I have seen it in person .
Lol when @AndyinEverson puts out his guns on a table at a shoot or something like that at the local gun store . people are interested in them.
I have seen it .

The only real reason Andy wanted the AR HE HAS was to put out next to his old guns to show where we started and how far guns have gone.
But we have fun Shooting both .OLD AND NEW

and Kel-Tecs. That's pretty much common sense there

Complains about fanbois and gatekeepers.

Makes gatekeeping noises.

Gotcha. I EDC a Kel-Tec P32. Firearms photographer Oleg Volk is a huge Kel-Tec fan. Not sure why it's only common sense to not like Kel-Tecs, but that seems a pretty bad way complain about gun snobbery and elitism.

Same for Hi-Point really. They work. They are cheap, ugly and weird. But work. But I guess poor folks shouldn't have pistols and carbines?

But I guess poor folks shouldn't have pistols and carbines?

That's a stretch to say that. There are tons of great budget options these days. Just because you think KT should be at the bottom of that list, doesnt mean you think someone on a budget shouldn't have a gun.

I mean, you can get LE trade in Glocks or NIB Shields for under $300.

That's a stretch to say that. There are tons of great budget options these days. Just because you think KT should be at the bottom of that list, doesnt mean you think someone on a budget shouldn't have a gun.

Well said and good point.

I NEVER said anything about anyone on a budget not owning a gun.

I never said Kel Tec should be at the bottom of any list.

I NEVER said anything about anyone on a budget not owning a gun.
I never said Kel Tec should be at the bottom of any list.

download (14).jpg

funny thing about guns . You can't pick any one of them and say " they just work" ..... no , yours just works . Some are much less consistent in the working department . Like it or not those guns and manufacturers develop a reputation of either constant or not consistent but they all have guns that sometimes don't work right . No use battling that , accepting it for what it is , that's the easier pill to swallow .

It's simple: Buy what you want or can afford, Don't care what others think ( I know nowadays with social media barrage) it's hard for some. I have a huge variety and that's my preference because each serve their purpose. I don't badmouth any even the ravens, keltec, Taurus, high point etc. As long as the owner finds it useful, affordable and likes it that's his choice not mine.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top