JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you own a firearm and it makes you happy, who cares who likes it or not.

1. Its not their money, its yours.
2. Its not their firearm, its yours.
3. Opinions are like Aholes, everyones got one.
4. Don't like what I own or think? See number #3
5. What ever you do, do it because it makes a difference in your life not just cause people tell you
how you have to be. Its your life not theirs.

If you own a firearm and it makes you happy, who cares who likes it or not.

1. Its not their money, its yours.
2. Its not their firearm, its yours.
3. Opinions are like Aholes, everyones got one.
4. Don't like what I own or think? See number #3
5. What ever you do, do it because it makes a difference in your life not just cause people tell you
how you have to be. Its your life not theirs.

Well said, but that doesn't mean that this forum needs to become a "vanilla safe space" where nobody disagrees.

It also doesnt need to become a space where theres nothing but politics and vitriol towards gun owners for certain tastes, both in firearms and in politicians :rolleyes:

I agree.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen members put down Glocks for their looks, or their lack of innovation or whatever else people don't like about them. And I generally keep quiet and respect their opinion. But since I mentioned my dislike for Kel-Tec somehow I wasn't "being nice". :rolleyes:

I completely agree... but do the gun owners who support some of these deserve it? I don't have a hard and fast answer because right now this is how I see it... the entire government is no real friend to gun owners
100% agreed, which is why we want opinions, even strong opinions, yet allow all to have their say w/o it getting personal or tribal...Adult dialogue if you will.

Complains about fanbois and gatekeepers.

Makes gatekeeping noises.

Gotcha. I EDC a Kel-Tec P32. Firearms photographer Oleg Volk is a huge Kel-Tec fan. Not sure why it's only common sense to not like Kel-Tecs, but that seems a pretty bad way complain about gun snobbery and elitism.

Same for Hi-Point really. They work. They are cheap, ugly and weird. But work. But I guess poor folks shouldn't have pistols and carbines?

I don't carry it anymore but still have one of the early P-32 KT's. Had for a LONG time wanted a Seecamp. Problems were you either had to get on a LONG wait list, or pay "going rate". I had one in my hand a couple times at a show when I had done well and was flush with cash. I could not due to the way I had read the owner was so bad if you got a problem one. P-32 hit, got on waiting list for one, as soon as I shot it I was back out to get another. Been replaced with a Ruger LCPII now but still shoot that old .32 now and then. Almost no finish left from years of carry, never fails.
For the Highpoint I liked the comment about them being the modern Sten. When they first hit with the rifle I was very into PCC's and few were. They were selling for around $150. I thought at that price they had to be garbage, until I got to shoot one. I was shocked. Later I almost bought one a few times just because they were so damn cheap and I never saw one not work. The proprietary mags were the only thing that made me not buy one. Damn they were fun and cheap back then though.
Still have an old KT P11 that does get carried and shot, never a problem along with an old Gen I S2K that I love. I have long said KT should send me a couple shirts or hats. Over a couple decades now I have sold a lot of their stuff. People I work with would tell me they "heard" they made junk. I would take them to the range with mine, they would then go buy one :)

I agree.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen members put down Glocks for their looks, or their lack of innovation or whatever else people don't like about them. And I generally keep quiet and respect their opinion. But since I mentioned my dislike for Kel-Tec somehow I wasn't "being nice". :rolleyes:

I don't think Kel-Tec can be liked? Tolerated maybe..., liked.... maybe if some one bribes you..!
How about Jennings? Any Saturday Night Special Fans :p

I don't think Kel-Tec can be liked? Tolerated maybe..., liked.... maybe if some one bribes you..!
How about Jennings? Any Saturday Night Special Fans :p

Had a couple Jennings .22's LONG ago. Always the result of some "trade". Never really got one to work nearly as well as I would like. Always sold off. Did have a Davis .380 for a long time that shocked me that it worked. Same family who made Jennings. At the time in AZ we had no CC law. We could keep a loaded handgun in the glove box. That pistol cost $50 and that's where it lived. Shot it now and then. When I moved back up here it sat in safe. shot it now and then. Finally someone who had no gun and little cash talked me out of it. It was scary how poorly it was made.
My KT's never made me look at them as "pretty" but damn things have worked so well for so long I can't help but love them.

Had a couple Jennings .22's LONG ago. Always the result of some "trade". Never really got one to work nearly as well as I would like. Always sold off. Did have a Davis .380 for a long time that shocked me that it worked. Same family who made Jennings. At the time in AZ we had no CC law. We could keep a loaded handgun in the glove box. That pistol cost $50 and that's where it lived. Shot it now and then. When I moved back up here it sat in safe. shot it now and then. Finally someone who had no gun and little cash talked me out of it. It was scary how poorly it was made.
My KT's never made me look at them as "pretty" but damn things have worked so well for so long I can't help but love them.

KTs sweet spot is their little compacts and mouse guns. Most of those are probably just fine. Everything else they make is junk and range toys IMO.

I'm definitely rooting for them to change that.

Lol so I got a extra 150 BUCKS in my pay check.
HEHEE I'm going to buy a HI POINT.

JUST BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD AND BECAUSE I CAN.
Dolla dolla bill y'all.

upload_2019-2-26_16-8-34.jpeg

Lol hilarious I was watching that show live PD the other day and they arrested a POS GANG BANGER .
And geuss what he had in his backpack.
Lol the Cop took it out and said.
Well what do you know a GOOD OLD HI POINT 9MM LOL HEHEHE

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR