JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really wanted to like the PMR 30, but too many issues with them. What good is 30 rounds if you can only send a few and then clear, tap, rack and repeat?
We haven't had any problems with ours, but you do have to be very meticulous when loading.. one cartridge stacked wrong can seriously slow you down...

We haven't had any problems with ours, but you do have to be very meticulous when loading.. one cartridge stacked wrong can seriously slow you down...

The results I've heard are such a mixed bag that I've just never wanted to pull the trigger on one (buy). My luck is I'll get a lousy one.

I've been trying to find out on this, I know SARCO does not make their own parts, they just get them together and sell as kits... so who makes the 16" 1:8 twist .223 Wylde barrels in the M4 profile for SARCO kits? Its got a nice parkerized finish and looks to be just polished inside, not chrome lined.

if we are going to bash guns lets do it right , opinion based factualish experience

Kel Tec ~ excellent ideas , poor execution...... fact. If you get a truly reliable one that doesn't need the famous "Fluff 'n Buff" then your blind squirrel just found a nut.......anyone can hit the lottery.

High Point ~ Even if they don't have mag issues and you find one you can truthfully call reliable they have to be the most unrefined, hideous feeling firearm I have tried to like . I mean even if it were 50 buck and went derp every time, I may prefer a wrist rocket and a marble. Carbine included, I have never shot anything with a worse trigger or worse "sproing"......feels like a they use Bic to source their springs Ive shot super soakers with a better feel.

IMG_1995.jpg

and for good measure no bash is complete without spilling Anderson's blood
29595043_2130128427262770_7373690005456719240_n.jpg

and you 1911 snobs
29497843_404407186638133_2952100252842196992_n.jpg

....that should do it lol, lets not take ourselves to seriously

if we are going to bash guns lets do it right , opinion based factualish experience

Kel Tec ~ excellent ideas , poor execution...... fact. If you get a truly reliable one that doesn't need the famous "Fluff 'n Buff" then your blind squirrel just found a nut.......anyone can hit the lottery.

High Point ~ Even if they don't have mag issues and you find one you can truthfully call reliable they have to be the most unrefined, hideous feeling firearm I have tried to like . I mean even if it were 50 buck and went derp every time, I may prefer a wrist rocket and a marble. Carbine included, I have never shot anything with a worse trigger or worse "sproing"......feels like a they use Bic to source their springs Ive shot super soakers with a better feel.

View attachment 547873

and for good measure no bash is complete without spilling Anderson's blood
View attachment 547874

and you 1911 snobs
View attachment 547876

....that should do it lol, lets not take ourselves to seriously

Yep, that was one of the easiest "likes" I've ever given. And I have a few Anderson Iowers! :D

My first build was with a Poverty Pony lower...
As was the most meaningful build I ever did (with the help of a few good people including our late brothers Iron Monster and the Sarge)
But I only went with it because it had "Nortwest Firearms" laser engraved on the other side.

3A93C50E-14C2-4A29-9C61-08105C3B02B6.jpeg

The pmr (like the coveted 1911) is just picky with ammo. Stick to 40gr ammo and ur golden. My ksg is awesome. Never had any issues. The sub2000 is also awesome. Theres more that goes into an ar as far as quality and reliability than tbe bcg and barrel. Trigger, buffer, gas block.... all important. The cheap reciever issues comes to quality control. If one manufa turer sells recievers and bcm has stringent qc specs on tooling marks, tolerances, and inspections then its gonna cost more. U can still get quality stuff thats not gone through the vigorous qc standards the top tier ones do.... but ur chances of getting what the top dawgs would consider a blem or the fcg pin holes arent in exact tolerance are freatly increased. So u can pay for quick smiles or peace of mind.

Yep, that was one of the easiest "likes" I've ever given. And I have a few Anderson Iowers! :D
all for the lulz......oh well, I'm afraid to tell people goodnight these days for fear they might have a sleeping disorder.
I really never take it personal, its just a gun and there are many ......no one spit on your wife or anything ......its just a gun.

The pmr (like the coveted 1911) is just picky with ammo. Stick to 40gr ammo and ur golden. My ksg is awesome. Never had any issues. The sub2000 is also awesome. Theres more that goes into an ar as far as quality and reliability than tbe bcg and barrel. Trigger, buffer, gas block.... all important. The cheap reciever issues comes to quality control. If one manufa turer sells recievers and bcm has stringent qc specs on tooling marks, tolerances, and inspections then its gonna cost more. U can still get quality stuff thats not gone through the vigorous qc standards the top tier ones do.... but ur chances of getting what the top dawgs would consider a blem or the fcg pin holes arent in exact tolerance are freatly increased. So u can pay for quick smiles or peace of mind.
all true , but there is a priority to everything , hell the grip is important its just where does it fall on the list, or your list but there is an order and barrel followed by bolt and specifically how it interfaces with the extension that probably has the most influence over the accuracy and durability of the ar......its the heart of the gun . I like to pay attention to the buffer system after that then the trigger.....its preference after the heart though and every angle after that can only be wrong in others mind .
Ive only spent good time with a PT3?......the 380. It pissed me off pretty bad because the gun actually shot very very well as far as it would actually group .......but it only extracted every other round , like they did it on purpose. I ended up giving it to a friend who was supposed to go through the trouble with the factory but hasn't for the last two years. A bud owned a ksg.....cool idea....but the pile of metal shaving everywhere it went and frequent tube selection issues in the first week of its life was the writing on the wall , researched the problem and sold it.....actually for a profit because they were scarce for a time and the buyer didn't care about staking his life on it he just though they were the coolest thing ever......and that is good enough for anyone in my book.

1) There are guns I love because they have some aesthetic, historic, or mechanical aura that appeals to me. There are guns that serve a purpose rendering aesthetics irrelevant. Plastic pistols don't have the beauty of the 1860 Army but they sure work.
2) "Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones."
I have no personal experience with KT or H-P but the principle is sound. A surplus military or police gun may be a good choice for economy because some official agency tested it before issuing it. This not infallible.

View attachment 547635
Well to me my AR Carbine here...is not different from ...
View attachment 547640
My J.Henry Trade Rifle circa 1800...
Both are just rifles...made to put their projectile accurately on target.

I certainly hope that I have never come across as a :
You need to own a flintlock to be cool or talk to me kinda guy.

Firearms come in many designs and materials...all of which have their place , use and fans.
All I really ask is that one uses their firearms in the safest manner that fits their situation.
Andy

Andy I think most of us value your opinions as they are usually well thought out and never condescending.
. Also you have a large experience base to draw upon.
Gabby

My first AR was a Bushmaster V-Match carbine in 1999. Bought it for the impending Y2K meltdown. Paid like $900 for it.

Still have it, but it was transformed into a tactical zombie killer a few years ago. Now it's just a wall hanger and doesn't get shot. Heck, I bet it has less than 200 rounds through it.

My dad is a very traditional guy and has never owned or shot an AR, despite having owned a chain of gun shops. He hates them.

He's a former vietnam era Marine Corps sniper who claims he was Carlos Hathcock's bunkmate in sniper school. Said the Army ran it back then. Also said he didn't like Carlos because he never kept his mouth shut and was always getting into trouble.

All I know is that he pretty much hates all of my guns. My Glocks, M&Ps, ARs, and anything with synthetic stocks are a no-go for him.

Oh well. He can still out shoot me at 75yrs old or so. I'll inherit all of his guns in a few years or so and will cherish them. I can appreciate the beauty of a custom Sharps rifle; I just am not going to spend $5k on a rifle...

He let me use one of his for a 1000yd BPCR match in Phoenix one year...

View attachment 547732

That's a beauty, wish I had the $$ to afford one!
I'm still a sucker for blue and wood! though I have plastic and some black.
Gabby

Last Edited:
View attachment 547733
@11Charlie
Sorry for the poor photo...but you are welcome to shoot my Sharps...
I don''t have a new one though...just this old one...hope that's okay...:D
Andy

You're going to bring that to the next BP shoot at Grants Pass I hope , you said you'd let me know if you're coming down, besides I want to meet you and maybe pick your brain some more.
Gabby

Before all the background check nonsense , I used to fairly often , buy , fix up / tinker with , sell and trade , older .22 rifles and shotguns , that needed a little TLC to look and run good.
Doing this was a great way to learn:
A lot about guns and how they work ...
That I really didn't want to go to school to be a Gunsmith...
Just what my limits are when working on firearms...

It was also a fun hobby and I got to meet some cool folks and have chance to see and shoot a variety of different guns .

These guns and the reference books to help you out , are still out there to be found...albeit a bit more expensive now , with BGC fees and such....but it is a good way to get your feet wet , before tackling that older Mauser that needs work....
Andy

Check used book stores and your local library, you never know what is on their shelves. Sometimes even yard sales will have a gem.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads