JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns and alcohol: Gun owners drink more and take more risks, study says - latimes.com

What a load of CRAP!!

Let me see, what was their premise for this study?

What do you think of this?

This is from a study by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 1996 and 1997 and culled by Garen J. Wintemute of UC Davis. The study has been reviewed by a number of agencies and has been found to be 1) misleading, and 2) without merit. Both the methodology and data collection have serious flaws.

Canada has a pool of 1.8 million known licensed gun owners (and another group of about 2 million unlicensed gun owners despite the fact that possession of a firearm there is prohibited without purchasing a firearms license from the government). Statistically these licensed gun owners are one of the least likely groups to be charged under the impaired driving laws in Canada.

Bottom line researchers with an anti gun owner agenda use their government grants to create a lie.

The rooster crows, then the sun comes up. Definitive proof that the rooster's crow makes the sun come up. This study (and some early comments in this thread) bring to mind an exchange I watched on Bill Maher's show once. All paraphrased, and perhaps someone can correct my addled brain (alcohol and guns?) to be a more accurate account: The featured guest was Ted Nugent. Opposition guest was some Hollywood bimbo whose name escapes me (my addled brain doing what it should in this case). The topic? School shootings and gun control.

Nuge spoke of his "Kamp for Kids", a program he sponsors in which kids are taught responsible, safe skills in archery and firearms. Something he believes is essential as teaching a kid to swim (the correlation being that firearms are nearly everywhere in America, and two-thirds of the planet is covered by water). Your kid is bound to bump into one of them, and it is child neglect if they are not equipped to deal with that situation, regardless of your political views.

After Nugent outlined the program and what is taught, the bimbo replied, "Oh, my God! You are equipping them to be murderers!"

Nuge calmy replied, "Well, you are equipped to be a prostitute. Are you one?"

You would be surprised at how many have no problem mixing drinking with guns. I got chewed out on another forum once for saying that allowing participants to bring cases of beer to a full-auto shoot was a bad idea. People were drinking several beers each while shooting. The organizer ended up stopping the shoot early due to unsafe behavior and never held it again as far as I know.

It's the way of the progressive liberals to make you guilty by association. People make the INDIVIDUAL choice to buy guns and we are not a group any more than car owners are. The constant badgering by the progressive liberals is done to sway the thinking of the indoctrinated should they be leaning toward freedom. Political correctness and a good dose of guilt will run a liberals life for decades

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads