JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely! I can't agree with you more!
However,has anyone been listening to Lars today? Seems there is a legality issue regarding the transfer of your guns to Ceasefire..law experts (which I am NOT) seem to be implying that Ceasefire may have made everyone who turned in a firearm guilty of a misdemeanor..just what the lawyer said,as I heard it. I'm sure if I'm wrong ill be corrected!
I'm at work so I can't listen to Lars right now. Would love to see charges against CFO if they have indeed broken the law.

I'm absolutely disillusioned over this whole mess. Those of you who are bragging about how you scored gift cards in return for "junk" guns should seriously question your conscience. To be standing in that line whether you are a forum moderator,a vendor,or just " john bagofdonuts",regardless of whether you were "caught on camera" or not,you are a statistic for Ceasefire. They counted you as a supporter,regardless of your motivation. I cannot understand how someone can stand up for 2nd amendment rights,yet play their game for a stupid gift card,regardless of what you bought with it. I'm not better than you,but I can say with all honesty that I would not give them a pellet gun found at the bottom of the briny deep for $1000. Where is the integrity?

Your right I feel really bad I ripped off CFO for $100.00 in Gift cards while talking two guys into selling three rifles to the cash buyers while I stood in line. I am so ashamed.

And your a little to spun up.

LOL, I was trying to figure out why all the guys here think she's hot.
Right now she is a bit of a bow wow, but she can be fixed up, as you said.
I used the term 'somewhat hot' originally mainly because when she was telling the guy to cuff her and when she leaned over and offered to be frisked she looked kind of cute. She did have a nice smile. My guess is deep inside she is crazier than a SH*$ house rat though. Just sayin'

Disgusting, but I like the idea of turning it to the advantage of a gun owner who will get some use out of these guns.

A few years back, the City of Aurora, CO had a buy back and a local gunsmith spent day and night assembling junk guns out of the various parts
he had laying around. He made out very well, and yet gave nothing workable to the idiots on the left.

NWGLOCKGAL, be careful what you wish for, its not them that would get charged, it would be you!

That's the nice thing about the "no questions asked" turn-in. They can only go after the vendor (Ceasefire) that held the event if the person selling the gun gave no personal information when turning in a firearm. If the lawyers really wanted to get nasty they could question the church as to whether they had the appropriate insurance (or required Ceasefire to obtain the insurance) to hold a gun show. Make holding the event a personal liability for the grounds that wish to sponsor the event like the fairgrounds do for a normal gun-show. That's a liability that I doubt many private properties want/can afford.

Your right I feel really bad I ripped off CFO for $100.00 in Gift cards while talking two guys into selling three rifles to the cash buyers while I stood in line. I am so ashamed.

And your a little to spun up.

Those guys got a good score!

I really don't consider my statements or personality to be "spun up". I was just stating my take on the situation.Is this not a forum where one can do that?

I guess some people don't appreciate being called a sell out.I'm trying to understand your hostility.

And since we are playing the "I'll leave a super witty,passive aggressive remark at the end of my post game",here's one for ya...

I'm not sure who really got ripped off in this case,you or them,but thanks for your opinion. You know what they say.

Don't you know that the Mosin Nagant 91/30 is the chosen weapon for most drive-by shooters?:s0112:
Most people don't realize that a shooter with one of those probably could easily take down a lot more people than the shooter at the Clackamas Mall did due to the fact that the 7.62x54R round will cut through a lot of metal just like a hot knife through butter. And that means someone trying to hide, unless they have some good cover capable to stop the round to hide behind, is potentially still a viable target. And with a bunch of 5 round clips, the shooter could theoretically take out a lot of people before police could get there UNLESS concealed carry people were there and could fire back. But if the shooter goes to a "gun free zone" they are not likely to run into resistance.

Those guys got a good score!
So you have lost your resolve because they got alomost 500 turn-ins? Did the 'score' convince you to change your mind? If the 'score' was 300, would the Anti's then give up?

I really don't consider my statements or personality to be "spun up". I was just stating my take on the situation.Is this not a forum where one can do that?
No one ever thinks they are being unreasonable, myself included.

I guess some people don't appreciate being called a sell out.I'm trying to understand your hostility.
So this is the problem, you accuse others of lacking integrity and being sell-outs, yet are ASTOUNDED when you get hostility in return. If you are really suprised by this, then very little else need be considered to make a judgement concerning your opinions.

And since we are playing the "I'll leave a super witty,passive aggressive remark at the end of my post game",here's one for ya...
Why all the hostility Man? (<-- to be read sarcastically)

I'm not sure who really got ripped off in this case,you or them,but thanks for your opinion. You know what they say
I will add my opinion, they got ripped off. I participated and lost nothing. I talked to a dozen people in that line and they politely conversed with me. While I did not change anybody's mind about guns, because I wasn't yelling at them and questioning their motives, they talked to a calm pro-2A advocate for 15 to 45 minutes and maybe no longer view our position as in league with Satan.

I will add my opinion, they got ripped off. I participated and lost nothing. I talked to a dozen people in that line and they politely conversed with me. While I did not change anybody's mind about guns, because I wasn't yelling at them and questioning their motives, they talked to a calm pro-2A advocate for 15 to 45 minutes and maybe no longer view our position as in league with Satan.

I totally agree with you. I think next time around we should have a dozen well spoken supporters of Gun Owners rights filter into the line and just talk to the other people. Do like I did and let the people around know what their firearm is worth and how selling it to a collector might be a logical option. I let people know some of the history of the firearms they were turning in I helped ID a couple others.

Having a woman do this would be ideal.

So you have lost your resolve because they got alomost 500 turn-ins? Did the 'score' convince you to change your mind? If the 'score' was 300, would the Anti's then give up?

No one ever thinks they are being unreasonable, myself included.

So this is the problem, you accuse others of lacking integrity and being sell-outs, yet are ASTOUNDED when you get hostility in return. If you are really suprised by this, then very little else need be considered to make a judgement concerning your opinions.
L

Why all the hostility Man? (<-- to be read sarcastically)

1)Not surprised at the hostility at all. Never said I was,just said I was trying to understand it.
2) the BUYERS got a good score. I never said a word against anyone who saved any guns.
3) I'm glad you feel good about your actions. I feel good about mine. So I guess that's the end of that.

I totally agree with you. I think next time around we should have a dozen well spoken supporters of Gun Owners rights filter into the line and just talk to the other people. Do like I did and let the people around know what their firearm is worth and how selling it to a collector might be a logical option. I let people know some of the history of the firearms they were turning in I helped ID a couple others.

Having a half-naked/scantily clad woman do this would be ideal.

Fixed your closing sentence for you... ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews