JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Another opportunity to save those classics that might otherwise be slagged.

OregonLive article is here: Gun turn-in scheduled in Southeast Portland this weekend | OregonLive.com

Highlights are:
Saturday, May 11, 2013
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Lynwood Friends Church
835 SE 162nd Ave. (south of SE Stark)
Portland

Safeway or Fred Meyer cards in the value of:
Handguns: $100
Rifles and shotguns: $75
Assault weapons: $150
Magazines—capacity 50 and above: $25
Pellet and BB guns: $10

Let us all know if you intend to go (shopping,) and what comes of it!

Last Edited:
What kind of a moron would sell an "assault" rifle for $150?
I hope what happens in other cities happens here-people line up to buy from those who are turning guns
in at the buy back program.

Although I must admit that we once turned in an old broken down shot gun that was worth nothing.
Got a $50 gift card to Fred Meyers- and used it in a Freddies that happens to sell guns and ammo :)

What makes me sick is when a little old lady brings in her deceased husbands old USGI 1911 or his Lugar he brought back from the war. Old war horses deserve better then that.

BTW...doesn't Oregon law state that if 25 or more guns transfer hands it represents a 'gun show' and therefore requires a process for transferring those weapons?
Perhaps the cops will be doing this...lol

I smell a fund raising opportunity - let's see how many spent one time use grenade launchers we can sell them and donate proceeds to OFF or other advocacy group. Then we can enjoy the egg on their faces when we point out what those bazookas and stinger missile launchers actually are.

What gets me is they don't use due dilligence in trying to return stolen guns to their rightfull owners! They make it easier for tweakers to get cash from stolen guns without repracutions.

So is it legal under OR law and Portland ordinances to have a sign in the parking lot offering cash? I read through as many laws and ordinances I could find, but found nothing that makes it illegal.

So is it legal under OR law and Portland ordinances to have a sign in the parking lot offering cash? I read through as many laws and ordinances I could find, but found nothing that makes it illegal.

I've seen previous posts (and news stories, as well) where folks (many from this board) would walk around the outside of such an event with a "Cash for Guns" sign - and come away with a nice few items at the end of the day. Most times, it seems the police were pretty cool with it.

This is always in the news, the police will probably make you stay in a certain area, but there's nothing banning you from being on public property with a sign. Private property is a different story tho.

Handguns: $100
Rifles and shotguns: $75
Assault weapons: $150
Magazines—capacity 50 and above: $25
Pellet and BB guns: $10
Slingshots: $8
Nerf guns: $5
Pop tarts bitten into a gun shape: $2

I'm just pissed that they're wasting my tax money buying Fred Meyers and Safeway gift cards to buy (and then resell at a huge profit) guns.

Why do we not get a voice in where OUR tax dollars are spent?

I mean, while we're at it can I divert tax dollars to buy up all the booze so alcoholics can't drink and drive?

Can I misappropriate tax payers hard earned cash to buy up all the soda to save people from Obesity?

If I take some old crappy single-shot shotguns and screw a (painted black) piece of 2X4 on the foregrips, do you think I could sell it as an assault rifle?

Be sure to glue or tack at least 10 hair clips to the 2x4, and then stop by Home Depot and get a cabinet hinge. Saw the wood stock someplace, and reattach it with the hinge. Now you have your "collapsible stock" attachment. That would give you at least 3 assault weapon "features" :)

Hmmmm. I've got an old Ivar Johnson single shot .410 shotgun with a stock thats cracked in two. It might be worth something, but not much. Maybe I'll take the $75 Fred Meyer gift card and go buy some ammo with it...

When I was a kid I had a "parade dress" version .45 1911 in a white leather cavalry type holster. It was epic for army along with my blue M3 grease gun which was a real grease gun (axle as I recall). I wish I still had it. I'll bet I could con them out of $100.00 saying it hadn't been cleaned in ages and seized up. It was just a solid chunk of steel or aluminum prototype size.

:s0155:

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews