JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anyone stop to consider that if the turnout to "buy" is high, then the sidewalks will become an unruly "bidding war" with other buyers--probably leading to the police "ejecting" buyers?

What do you think they would do if I showed up holding my 2.5 yo daughter? I really want to, just to see their faces and watch them boil over... but my more logical side says it would be too hard to make transactions with guns and money while holding onto her, and we might have to be standing out in the streets, etc.

But it would be fun, and my bother will be the one doing the transactoins. I will just be there to help find deals.

You might also consider your daughters needs like going to the potty room or the sun etc.

they don't have it loaded

The Anti-2nd Amendment, Anti-Constitution, Anti-Freedom ordinance will still let the non-CHL holders open carry their unloaded firearm in a public place, YEPPIE!!!!!!

2nd Amendment rights for non-CHL holders in Multnomah County rocks!!!!!!!!!

Well not so much, I guess I should ask them for a better 2nd Amendment permission. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busy busy morning. Well over 50 cash buyers.

uploadfromtaptalk1368292122440.jpg

OK I'm back from turning in my unsafe to fire Spanish pre war .25 auto I had to mess with for 2 hours to get to go click. I got 100 in safeway cards

I almost puked watching some guy about 50 people ahead of me walking a Winchester model 1890 in decent looking shape to its doom. And spent the first half hour talking the morons ahead of me into walking the French rifle MAS or something the Mauser 98 and the Enfield out to the Curb where they got cash. Then there was the guy who had a Universal Carbine who looked at me like I was an idiot when I tried to explain to him the thing was worth over $400.00 as he hugged it and shook his head.

I saw exactly one fire arm that should have been turned in and that was a cut down bolt action .22 rifle with no butt stock and about a 6" barrel that was a walking Federal Felony. The rest of the people around me where turning in cracked frames or $60.00 junk .25 autos. One guy had a no name .32 break top revolver. I saw a T/C Hawkin in .45cal with so much rust in the barrel it was worthless.

I didn't have any money so I had to just tray to stomach what was around me and be quiet.

At the table I said two words When the cop asked if the pistol was operational I said "Yep" and when the gal aasked what card I wanted I said "safeway"

Next time I go I'll have $1000.00 in my pocket if I have to take a loan on the 401K to get it.

That Winchester is going to haunt me. It wasn't until he had already turned it in that I thought I should have offered to trade the Spanish pistol I had for it so he would have gotten $25.00 more. OH well lesson learned.

talked to some nice guys along the sidewalk a couple got a kick out of me wearing my Joe Bob Outfitters tee shirt.

Oh and I did my damnest to not get seen by any cameras and I sure didn't talk to the gal doing the survey from Crease Fire.

Here's my take on the 162nd Avenue gun show today.

It was fun walking around talking to people. The Reserve Portland PD Officer I spoke to was very cool. He likes guns and spent his time helping the fuds park their cars safely.

The older lady from Ceasefire Oregon told me she gets emails from people every day telling her about kids who have been shot by un-secured weapons. That's pretty much all she had. I asked her about gunshow loopholes and she was please Oregon had plugged ours up. I told her I found it odd that people say criminals can buy machine guns at gunshows, and then asked her if she knew what a machinegun/full-aut0 firearm was...she said she did not, so I 'splained it to her. My wife said I did a good job being kind because the lady's body language softened up and she began to make eye contact. Everyone has their passion, and saving the children appears to be hers.

The somewhat-hot younger gal from ceasefire Oregon was more of a goofball. One guy tried to get her to acknowledge that they were breaking the law in that this situation did in fact constitute a 'gunshow' due to the weapons being transferred to the police and to private citizens parked along 162nd. My wife noted that the gal immediately began shaking and then reacted by putting her hands out as to say "cuff me up"....then she bent over the fence and said "frisk me"...hmmm :)

The main event while we were there was the guy turning in his AR15 and Glock19. The PD immediate grabbed all of his G19 mags and stuffed them in the Po-Po motor-home...hell, why not. The AR15 went into the burlap bag with all of the other POS Fud guns and I asked the Sergeant if the AR was in fact going to be destroyed...he assured my that it was.

This was my first visit to a gun buyback program. I have to say that all of the Pro2 people were very kind, aware, relatively quiet and very peaceful, and most importantly, flush with cash :)

Anyway, here are the pics we took: <broken link removed>

Sad to see that AR get turned in for a measly $150 gift card. I wonder how the guy who had it ended up with it. It isn't likely he bought it but he must really think that guns are bad and his turning in his will help (it won't). It is a shame that the people who were turning them in (at least the majority of them probably) think that this will actually do something. And I guess it could mean that it won't be there at their house to be stolen, etc. But hopefully those of you there to buy actually scored some cool stuff at a great price.

If you did buy anything, post what you got (pics included). I wish I had money but didn't so couldn't go and wouldn't go just because it would have made me sad to see some of those go into the junk pile.

I noticed, in 308's pics, that the camera was definitely there for the AR. Too bad that there was one (unless it was a "plant") as they will spin it up as getting at least one "assault rifle" "off the street."

I saw that when I saw your other photos. So I deleted my comments. Glad you din't catch me in line trading my POS worthless Spanish .25 auto for $100.00 I tried my damnest to not be caught by any cameras.

Your photos clearly show what a dangerous bunch of evil doer's turned in their guns I would guess the average age of the people standing in line to be 60. And more then 40% to have been old women.

All I can say is da&%, people are stoopid to let some of those fine pieces go. Even that SKS is nice. I won't mention the AR, even if it is a mix master with low end parts.

Thanks to you guys for rescuing the old ones (and new ones) before they got to the smelter. It is a shame.
We need a NWFA rescue fund for these and raffle them off!

I wonder if police are running S/N's to see if they are reported stolen?

Sad to see that AR get turned in for a measly $150 gift card. I wonder how the guy who had it ended up with it. It isn't likely he bought it but he must really think that guns are bad and his turning in his will help (it won't). It is a shame that the people who were turning them in (at least the majority of them probably) think that this will actually do something. And I guess it could mean that it won't be there at their house to be stolen, etc. But hopefully those of you there to buy actually scored some cool stuff at a great price.

If you did buy anything, post what you got (pics included). I wish I had money but didn't so couldn't go and wouldn't go just because it would have made me sad to see some of those go into the junk pile.

I noticed, in 308's pics, that the camera was definitely there for the AR. Too bad that there was one (unless it was a "plant") as they will spin it up as getting at least one "assault rifle" "off the street."

Probably a plant by Ceasefire for the cameras. Wouldn't put it past them to purchase the gun just to have a member turn it in. They wouldn't be offering a higher amount for AR's unless they could guarantee the press that "someone" would turn one in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top