JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
treemanx said:
You were having a hard time typing!
You have obviously never seen me type. I always have trouble with it. :D

I think I probably hold the record on most edits on a three sentence post. :)

One of the things that gets so tiresome on gun forums is bitter people with negative attitudes looking for chances to spread their sour grapes. Instead of dealing with something in the spirit it is intended they use it as an opportunity to spread their own unhappiness around. It gets so old.

I call it the way I see it.

You posted a picture of a guy holding the pistol incorrectly.

You posted another picture of your own injuries from holding it incorrectly.

Then want advice from people on this forum regarding "Up The Firepower" to put in this guys hands???

You / He clearly can't handle what you already have. There isn't any other way to understand that.

Then want advice from people on this forum regarding "Up The Firepower" to put in this guys hands???

You / He clearly can't handle what you already have. There isn't any other way to understand that.
Yes, yes, yes...you are a true internet commando with absolute knowledge who would never admit his mistakes. We all bow to you "oh, great Rambo." :rolleyes:

:s0112::s0114:He does have a point PB! Although I understand the context the thread was intended.:s0112::s0114::s0093:

:s0112::s0114:He does have a point PB! Although I understand the context the thread was intended.:s0112::s0114::s0093:
I am betting the only point he has is the one under his hat. :D

Just because my partner held the gun poorly his first time with it does not mean he cannot handle the gun. Gunsnobs like this guy that would rather tear other people down from the start instead of helping them improve are not worth the effort of taking too seriously.

PS: I have no problem admitting I have made mistakes. I got a bit of slide bite while switching back and forth from SA revolvers and autos. It happens to most everybody that actually walks the walk and doesn't just talk about it on internet forums. :)

Yes, yes, yes...you are a true internet commando with absolute knowledge who would never admit his mistakes. We all bow to you "oh, great Rambo." :rolleyes:

Oh man. This was not meant for you to bow down to my greatness. This was just to point out, that your bud is a big boy, and by the picture can probably handle himself just fine. Let him make up his own mind what he wants to shoot, IF he wants to carry and what it is he will carry. Give the man his dignity back.

Feel free to look at my profile and browse through ALL my posts. I make no point of "tearing anyone down". In this case, it was to merely point out, you just handed your bud his skirt.

Oh man. This was not meant for you to bow down to my greatness. This was just to point out, that your bud is a big boy, and by the picture can probably handle himself just fine. Let him make up his own mind what he wants to shoot, IF he wants to carry and what it is he will carry. Give the man his dignity back.
Maybe some people might be so insecure that they would consider letting their partner of 17 years make a decision for them in an area where they have more experience as "losing their dignity" but I think most people would just call it normal. he would not make this decision no matter how bad he wanted the Glock simply because he thinks it costs too much money. He would rather be able to say that I made the decision to do it.

You did kinda emasculate the poor guy in your post PB. Sounded like you were talking about your little sister or something! :)

C'mon...you are not that insecure in you masculinity are you? :)

It does not emasculate me when he makes decisions for me in areas where he has greater knowledge or just greater interest. Does it emasculate me when he decides were we go for vacation? Is it some how different because a gun happens to be involved?

C'mon...you are not that insecure in you masculinity are you? :)

It does not emasculate me when he makes decisions for me in areas where he has greater knowledge or just greater interest. Is it some how different because a gun happens to be involved?

:s0112::s0114:UH OH! Dont whip out the Jedi mind tricks on me now! :s0148:

Yeah though, if he wants a glock instead, just be sure to help him get comfortable with it if he hasn't shot alot of semi's. Be a bummer if he needed to use it and tried to shoot it like a wheel gun.

I guess he and I are just a bit more secure than some people. He just read your posts and he is amused at the "testosterone driven bickering." :)

I will have to say.. this made me chuckle!!

I don't really think of myself as driven my testosterone.. but ya.. I guess in this regard it struck me a little off kilter how you were "making the decision" for him. I wouldn't make those kinds of decisions for my wife.... oh wait.. ya.. I guess I would...

I didnt realize by "partner" you really meant "PARTNER".... and thought this was a "friend" and not a "FRIEND".... DOH...

My Bad...

I don't really think of myself as driven my testosterone.. but ya.. I guess in this regard it struck me a little off kilter how you were "making the decision" for him. I wouldn't make those kinds of decisions for my wife.... oh wait.. ya.. I guess I would...

I didnt realize by "partner" you really meant "PARTNER".... and thought this was a "friend" and not a "FRIEND".... DOH...

My Bad...
Doofus...:D ;)

I have had a carry permit for 12 yrs now and I own several semi-auto 9mm pistols. The gun I now carry 99% of the time...is a S&W 640 hammerless snubnose .357 revolver.

Extra rounds are always nice...but so is the absolute jam-proof reliability of a revolver. You can stick a revolver in your coat pocket and fire it from inside the pocket with no malfunctions.

Keep it simple. Glocks are great...but for the same money you could buy him a couple thousand rounds of practice ammo for his revolver as well as a quality holster and some Bianchi Speed Strips for quick reloads and he will be just as well protected.

My Bad...

:s0112::s0114:I am rolling on the floor laughing! No big secret that PB plays for the other team, but I thought you knew that this whole time Jaybo!

Keep it simple. Glocks are great...but for the same money you could buy him a couple thousand rounds of practice ammo for his revolver as well as a quality holster and some Bianchi Speed Strips for quick reloads and he will be just as well protected.

+1. Hit the nail on the head IMO. Good post:s0155:

My Bad...

:s0112::s0114:I am rolling on the floor laughing! No big secret that PB plays for the other team, but I thought you knew that this whole time Jaybo!

Ok now THAT is a soda pop out the nose post!! :s0140: :s0132:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews