JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wholey Chrap...

Were MARRIED TO THE SAME WOMEN?!?!?!??!? :eek::confused::s0155:
I am lucky in that regard. I never get any grief about guns I buy.

I am a pretty simple person and I do not spend a lot of money. I do not eat at fancy restaurants, I do not drink alcohol, I do not smoke, I always drive a modest car/truck, I do not spend a bunch of money on clothes...so I get to have one expensive vice. :)

...the conversation leading up to this decision went something like this...

"This gun shoots nice."
"Would you like to get one of these for you?
"No, there is no need to spend the money. The gun I have is fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I really like this one but we have a lot of expenses right now."
"We can afford one gun if you want it. We are not that broke."
"I will let you decide. If you think it is a better gun..."

See what I am dealing with. :)

you just can't stop yourself buying more guns! You're just trying to make it look like it was for him.
We've all tried that but somehow (judging by your fantastic collection) you've managed to pull it off!

I am lucky in that regard. I never get any grief about guns I buy.

I am a pretty simple person and I do not spend a lot of money. I do not eat at fancy restaurants, I do not drink alcohol, I do not smoke, I always drive a modest car/truck, I do not spend a bunch of money on clothes...so I get to have one expensive vice. :)

Hmmm that doesn't work for my wife. I don't smoke, drink or chew or run with them that do... and my wife limits my firearm purchases. I guess that's the difference between a wife and partner?:s0131:

I'm in favor of the G26 if he likes shooting it, and is capable with it. I carry one myself, and the ease of carrying that extra 10 rd mag is unbelievable. So now your talking 21 rds of easy to carry self defense in 2 small packages compared to the 5 rds of the 60 plus however many speed loaders he feels comfortable carrying.... I know odds are you will never need than many rounds, but it sure is nice knowing it's there. Whichever you/he chooses will easily do the job, and as mentioned previously, it's all in the comfort level of the individual actually having to carry the gun.

"This gun shoots nice."
"Are you sure?"

"I think that you might be better protected with a different gun, so when you want to go shopping, let me know."

Then let him pick one out in the caliber you prefer, but in the frame he likes best.

"This gun shoots nice."
"Are you sure?"

Sounds like a typical wife... wrapping up "permission" to get what you want in vague language that really implies... I'd rather have new shoes. :D

(I'm speaking of my wife here BTW...) :s0112: ;)

Nice cast!!! I wonder who will "bite"??? :D :s0114:
Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against most hetero people. Heck, both my parents were hetero. I try to respect their life choice no matter how revolting I find it personally. :D ;)

The main thing I have against hetero marriage is not even how bad they are at making it work. It is that most hetero marriages result in one of the most costly STD's known to man...pregnancy. You suffer the symptoms for at least 18 years and even when you think it is finally gone it often comes back unexpectedly.

The :s0155: at the end is the REALLY disturbing part! :s0112:

Um... uyh..... errr... eh.?

It was a ... a TYPO! YUP.. It was a typo.. I "dumb thumbed it" :cool:

There is nothing wrong with "marriage" as long as the two people engaging in it, know that is is FOREVER... and EVER...... and EVER...... and ever...... ever after.... sheesh.... seriously?

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against most hetero people. Heck, both my parents were hetero. I try to respect their life choice no matter how revolting I find it personally. :D ;)

The main thing I have against hetero marriage is not even how bad they are at making it work. It is that most hetero marriages result in one of the most costly STD's known to man...pregnancy. You suffer the symptoms for at least 18 years and even when you think it is finally gone it often comes back unexpectedly.

Here is what I dont get.

Many people are opposed to letting two lifelong gay partners get legally married because it somehow "threatens" the sancitity of marriage.

Yet it is perfectly acceptable for a 50 yr old man to drive to Las Vegas, get drunk, plunk down $10 for a marriage license, and marry some 18 yr old stripper that he has known for a few hours at the drive-up Wedding Chapel of the Velvet Elvis.

I'm as straight as they come and I have been happily married to the same woman for 10 yrs now. Whether or not 2 gay people get married someplace has no effect on the "sanctity" of my marriage.

This is an interesting thread, I say this in all curiosity, Can we joke about hetero marriage and not gay marriage? To me it is all about the intent, are we joking or bashing? where is the line? Where is NWFA's line?

As a Mod I am divided in wanting to hear the answers and wanting to understand where this fits into the rules, but by the rules this thread should be closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads