JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I am trying to make a decision. My partner carries a S&W pre-lock model 60 in his car when he is working (I made him get his carry permit) and I am trying to decide whether to up his firepower a bit. I am considering taking away the m60 (which he shoots okay with and has 5 rounds of .38spl) and replacing it with a Glock 26 (which he shot well the one time he used and has 11 rounds of 9mm). I would of course train him to shoot the g26 to the extent his limited interest allows him to be trained.

Thoughts?

Him shooting my old G26
IMG_8197.jpg

Well I'd likely choose the higher cap 9mm over the 5 round 38sp but if he's more comfortable with the 38sp he's probably better off with it.

The grip thing is funny in a painful sort of way anyways. :D

He doesn't get a choice in what he carries?

I would let him pick. i know for my wife i would prefer my wife carry a semi-auto in at least 9mm +p, but if she is more comfortable and confident with a revolver then that is what she carries.

If he doesn't care and is trained well enough to clear malfunctions if needed, then replace it with the glock.

If the guy is not gun savoy, and does not train. I think the wheel gun is a no brainer. The KISS theory applies.

I think that is solid wisdom. With a semi-auto, you have to learn how to handle different kinds of failures. It's not hard knowledge (and a Glock makes it somewhat simpler, as there is no safety, it's not SA, etc.), but with a revolver, the solution to nearly all failures is "pull the trigger again".

I have had both but I stick with my snubbie for my always with me gun. I can put 5 rounds of well aimed standard pressure .38's on target faster than 5 rounds of 9mm from a model 26.

I am trying to make a decision

(I made him get his carry permit)

I am considering taking away the m60 and replacing it with a Glock 26 .

You sound like a total blow hard, and it should be up to your "partner" what he carries. You clearly don't care for his personal safety anyways, or you would have taken the necessary steps and teach him how to hold a firearm before taking pictures of him holding it wrong, and then posting "injuries" from the improper handling of the firearm. First of all, as a SENIOR member, you should know better and secondly its NOT your decision. It not your choice if he carries or not. If he wants to carry a 357 or a .22... its HIS decision. Your post stripped this guy of any jeans (pants) he may have been wearing.

You sound like a total blow hard, and it should be up to your "partner" what he carries. You clearly don't care for his personal safety anyways, or you would have taken the necessary steps and teach him how to hold a firearm before taking pictures of him holding it wrong, and then posting "injuries" from the improper handling of the firearm. First of all, as a SENIOR member, you should know better and secondly its NOT your decision. It not your choice if he carries or not. If he wants to carry a 357 or a .22... its HIS decision. Your post stripped this guy of any jeans (pants) he may have been wearing.
Gee, I am glad I am going to take advice from someone that knows nothing about the situation but just loves to spout off to hear there own voice. I wold stick to giving advice on subjects where you have the slightest clue about if I was you because this did not work out so well for you.

having six more rounds would be better than only five in my opinion and a 9mm's recoil isn't bad at all, especially when you get used to shooting it. I'd push for the 9mm unless he really just isn't comfortable with it.

having six more rounds would be better than only five in my opinion and a 9mm's recoil isn't bad at all, especially when you get used to shooting it. I'd push for the 9mm unless he really just isn't comfortable with it.
He really liked the G29. he is just one of those people that will not make a decision about things like this when he thinks it will cost money. No matter how bad he wanted something he would not ask for it if it cost anything.

Gee, I am glad I am going to take advice from someone that knows nothing about the situation but just loves to spout off to hear there own voice. I wold stick to giving advice on subjects where you have the slightest clue about if I was you because this did not work out so well for you.

WOW! I don't believe I've ever seen anyone get under your skin that bad PB! You were having a hard time typing!

As far as your bud goes, I agree with others here. Let him make the final choice. Because in the end, it will be him firing it if he has to, not you. But kudos to you for helping him get it figured out! -tree:s0155:

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top