JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The last few times I have been shooting my gsg 5 I will randomly get a three or two round burst out of one trigger pull. I am almost curtain that I am not bump firing the gun because I can pull it once and let go of the trigger and it does it or I can pull and hold the trigger down and it does it. It seems to happen once every 100 rounds or so in typically a three round burst, as fast as a full auto gun. Anyone know enough about these guns to have an idea of that is wrong? should I send it back to ATI? cuz its a pretty cool problem other than I dont want something serious to happen.

FIX IT. If a police officer sees you doing that you could be arrested. I could be wrong on this but from what I heard and have read even if you did not modify the gun, if it is firing more than 1 round at once it is an automatic weapon and is punishible.
Are you using subsonic .22lr ammo? I had this problem with my AR-15 with a ciener kit, i oiled the kit up really well and stopped using that ammo.

I would send it back and get it fixed ASAP, do not risk firing a weapon illegally, for a few rounds of fun.

FIX IT. If a police officer sees you doing that you could be arrested. I could be wrong on this but from what I heard and have read even if you did not modify the gun, if it is firing more than 1 round at once it is an automatic weapon and is punishible.
Are you using subsonic .22lr ammo? I had this problem with my AR-15 with a ciener kit, i oiled the kit up really well and stopped using that ammo.

I would send it back and get it fixed ASAP, do not risk firing a weapon illegally, for a few rounds of fun.

yup. I've read a story or 3 about that.

Yep. 10 years in club fed for a few seconds of fun. Plus the atf likes trying all sorts of tricks to reproduce the automatic results. So even if it does it 1% of the time, they will still find a way to prosecute you.

I had this same thing happen to my 10/22. I did just put a new hammer on it though to get the trigger pull down to 2.5lb. Im sure it has something to do with that. I didnt know this was so serious. I better look into it ASAP.

Thanks for bringing this up
Otis

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews