JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The last few times I have been shooting my gsg 5 I will randomly get a three or two round burst out of one trigger pull. I am almost curtain that I am not bump firing the gun because I can pull it once and let go of the trigger and it does it or I can pull and hold the trigger down and it does it. It seems to happen once every 100 rounds or so in typically a three round burst, as fast as a full auto gun. Anyone know enough about these guns to have an idea of that is wrong? should I send it back to ATI? cuz its a pretty cool problem other than I dont want something serious to happen.

FIX IT. If a police officer sees you doing that you could be arrested. I could be wrong on this but from what I heard and have read even if you did not modify the gun, if it is firing more than 1 round at once it is an automatic weapon and is punishible.
Are you using subsonic .22lr ammo? I had this problem with my AR-15 with a ciener kit, i oiled the kit up really well and stopped using that ammo.

I would send it back and get it fixed ASAP, do not risk firing a weapon illegally, for a few rounds of fun.

FIX IT. If a police officer sees you doing that you could be arrested. I could be wrong on this but from what I heard and have read even if you did not modify the gun, if it is firing more than 1 round at once it is an automatic weapon and is punishible.
Are you using subsonic .22lr ammo? I had this problem with my AR-15 with a ciener kit, i oiled the kit up really well and stopped using that ammo.

I would send it back and get it fixed ASAP, do not risk firing a weapon illegally, for a few rounds of fun.

yup. I've read a story or 3 about that.

Yep. 10 years in club fed for a few seconds of fun. Plus the atf likes trying all sorts of tricks to reproduce the automatic results. So even if it does it 1% of the time, they will still find a way to prosecute you.

I had this same thing happen to my 10/22. I did just put a new hammer on it though to get the trigger pull down to 2.5lb. Im sure it has something to do with that. I didnt know this was so serious. I better look into it ASAP.

Thanks for bringing this up
Otis

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews