Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

gsg with a cool problem

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by finch6013, Feb 17, 2009.

1. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

The last few times I have been shooting my gsg 5 I will randomly get a three or two round burst out of one trigger pull. I am almost curtain that I am not bump firing the gun because I can pull it once and let go of the trigger and it does it or I can pull and hold the trigger down and it does it. It seems to happen once every 100 rounds or so in typically a three round burst, as fast as a full auto gun. Anyone know enough about these guns to have an idea of that is wrong? should I send it back to ATI? cuz its a pretty cool problem other than I dont want something serious to happen.

2. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

Never had the problem but I've heard about it on other forums. Send it in to ATI and have them fix it so you maintain your warranty.

3. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

FIX IT. If a police officer sees you doing that you could be arrested. I could be wrong on this but from what I heard and have read even if you did not modify the gun, if it is firing more than 1 round at once it is an automatic weapon and is punishible.
    Are you using subsonic .22lr ammo? I had this problem with my AR-15 with a ciener kit, i oiled the kit up really well and stopped using that ammo.

I would send it back and get it fixed ASAP, do not risk firing a weapon illegally, for a few rounds of fun.

4. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

yup. I've read a story or 3 about that.

5. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

yep get it fixed NOW there is a guy in jail as we speak over this and the atf went to great lengths to get his gun to do it again after they took it.

6. finch6013

Dang, well that being said what is the best way to mail a gun?

7. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Yep. 10 years in club fed for a few seconds of fun. Plus the atf likes trying all sorts of tricks to reproduce the automatic results. So even if it does it 1% of the time, they will still find a way to prosecute you.

8. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Get ahold of Ray at ATI. He will help ya.

Ray Caton
    Phone: 585-328-3951 ext. 109
    Toll Free: 800-333-0695 ext. 109
    Fax: 585-328-7703
    Email: ray@amchar.com

9. Otis

Otis Vancouver, WA Member

I had this same thing happen to my 10/22. I did just put a new hammer on it though to get the trigger pull down to 2.5lb. Im sure it has something to do with that. I didnt know this was so serious. I better look into it ASAP.

Thanks for bringing this up
    Otis

10. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Best way to mail it is to not use the mail. I like FedEx, they are quick and not snoopy.

11. finch6013

thanks for the info andrew. I will talk to him and see what they can do for me