JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I noticed the gentleman that was sitting when this started had to get up before his draw... it looked like maybe small of the back carry? That cost him his life. :(:(:(

His draw looked slow, or fumbling, but maybe he was deciding whether to go against the drawn gun. We'll never know.

He appeared to be older. It did cost him his life, but it was not in vain. His confronting the gunman bought valuable time ...

Watching the video on slow motion it almost appears that victim #2 was presenting a weapon as well... Cant see though.

The man is a hero. If hadnt acted as fast as he did, others would have been shot. Sometimes the sheepdog takes one for the team. Guaranteed, if he hadnt intervened those in the front row would have been taken down before other defenders acted.

He appeared to be older. It did cost him his life, but it was not in vain. His confronting the gunman bought valuable time ...

Watching the video on slow motion it almost appears that victim #2 was presenting a weapon as well... Cant see though.

The man is a hero. If hadnt acted as fast as he did, others would have been shot. Sometimes the sheepdog takes one for the team. Guaranteed, if he hadnt intervened those in the front row would have been taken down before other defenders acted.

One thing you will notice is how calm and deliberate that gentleman was as he was drawing his pistol. Yes he was 'slow', but there appears to be no hesitation or second guessing his actions. Perhaps he didn't think he was going to get shot, and thought the mere act of presenting the firearm would be enough to defuse the situation? I dunno. Sad to see for sure, but for someone in their seventies, who has lived a good life, and is presumably still in good health, perhaps that is the best way to go...? A true hero.

Keith

Right? Dreads flying - and background splatter.
Did you see his follow through? Muzzle didn't flinch - stayed on target. Pretty icy and calm as hell.
I'm betting he's done this before. :(
I saw that I was wondering if if he had dreads or something like that .

I went back and watch it again and sad to say but I believe the lady is screaming . DADDY no .
O daddy .
So I'm guessing that one of the guy that got shot was her dad.

If you're going to draw your gun, DO IT QUICKLY!!! It cost the man his life by being slow.

Another example of why I don't carry in that position. His weapon position and clothing made for a horrible outcome. He had to stand up and make a target of himself to reach for his gun while trying to unsnag it.

That perp was an obvious threat, and he knew it..I believe he didn't think it would go that far. I'm sure there's an official term for "It won't happen to me"

I pray that this man loosing his life will help us all be better prepared.

Another example of why I don't carry in that position. His weapon position and clothing made for a horrible outcome. He had to stand up and make a target of himself to reach for his gun while trying to unsnag it.

That perp was an obvious threat, and he knew it..I believe he didn't think it would go that far. I'm sure there's an official term for "It won't happen to me"

I pray that this man loosing his life will help us all be better prepared.
Yep I noticed that also he had it almost behind him and had a huge shirt on that he could not clear .
He probably would have been better off to stay sitting and draw it .
I don't know it just didn't look like he had a lot of practice drawing his gun.

And now that I have had a chance to watch it a few times .
That bad guy had a plan.
He stood up made contact with the two guys right behind him pulled the gun shot them.
Then turned around and started looking for a another target.
That good guy that put him down.
Obviously had some training.
At least a 20 yard head shot on a moving Target.
And he was moving also.

I wonder what the motive was? Personal grudge? Didn't like folks from that particular sect? One would have to be pretty screwed up to walk into a house of worship and do that. At least the perp is no more.

Unless it is for someone else (e.g., wedding, funeral, etc.), I don't attend any kind of house of worship, but I would pack if I did. No place is safe from warped people.

Here's hoping their community can heal up after such a horrific attack and that the wounded fellow pulls through.
Sad to say but churches are Target's .
These days any kind of church.
Don't matter what Muslim Jewish Cristian.
What ever there is always a psychopath out there that doesn't agree with it .
Or some crazy nut job looking for easy target.

Unbelievable! Watching KPTV channel 12 news, and they just reported on this, and showed the video.

My "like level" for some news stations/reporting is slightly starting to raise. (Slightly)

Or some crazy nut job looking for easy target.
You mean unarmed. Just look at the others and the only thing they could do is duck and pray someone else would help them.

As for me, I'll protect myself and if I get taken out, then I'll go on my own terms...trying like hell to protect myself and others.

Link to a post with a video of the shooting - the service was being live streamed and is out on the web...

This started and was over in literal seconds. Just a reminder that the police can't be there to protect you in the middle of the sh!tstorm.

WOW, that was great for a few reasons. Looks like the one guy shot was trying to draw a gun, lesson be faster, and the guy who dropped him was far enough away to be a good shot in that situation. Best part was how many men with guns in hand were heading to the scum in seconds. This scum picked the wrong church for this.

Individual who shot the suspect is apparently a former deputy sheriff, either currently or did own a gun range and teaches firearms training courses. Range is called On Target LLC. Reports are saying he was head of security for the church. And yes as stated above, the gun was indeed a Sig P229 .357....

As a furriner, I really do try my best to avoid being involved in some of the political discussion that inevitably runs through any gun forum that discusses RKBA, in particular with the efforts of one facet of your political spectrum that seems determined to destroy what we are pleased to call the American way of life.

However, I can't help, on this occasion, to notice that your Mr Biden appears to have stuck his head further up his own butt than I would have previously considered possible when he attacked the governor of Texas for positing a bill allowing church-goers to carry weapons when they go to worship.

'In September, [Mr] Biden spoke to members of the press to express his outrage over Texas Governor Greg Abbott signing a bill into law earlier this year that allowed lawful gun owners to carry firearms in places of worship.

"Dealing with firearms, it is irrational, with all due respect to the governor of Texas, irrational what they are doing," Biden told reporters on September 2. "On the very day you see a mass shooting … and we're talking about loosening access to have guns, to be able to take them into places of worship, it's just absolutely irrational. It's totally irrational."

His statements gained new relevance on Sunday after a gunman at West Freeway Church of Christ in northwest Texas was stopped by armed church-goers. At least four people, including one security guard, pulled weapons in response to the shooter.

The law had gone into effect on September 1, and likely prevented more death and carnage on Sunday. One person was injured and one worshipper was killed, as well as the gunman.

Texas state Senator Donna Campbell, co-sponsor of the bill, said in a statement, "We have learned many times over that there is no such thing as a gun-free zone. Those with evil intentions will violate the law and carry out their heinous acts no matter what," . "It makes no sense to disarm the good guys and leave law-abiding citizens defenseless where violent offenders break the law to do great harm."..."

I hope that I might be forgiven on this occasion, and would like to say that I'll never intrude again in this manner, except that I'm sure that the idiocy of this kind of thinking is not limited to Mr Biden and his cro- fellow politicians.

To that end, I will, of course, haul down this particular flag if required to do so by the management.

Thanks are due to the original poster of much of the US-side comment in this post, stolen from sigforum.com on which I have a long-standing but precarious footing .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads