JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Preliminary reports of 2 casualties and a dead attacker. Appears an armed citizen stopped a church massacre in Texas today 12/29/19.

As usual, it's a poorly written article. But it seems a murdered opened fire with a shotgun killing 1, injuring 1, and then was himself killed by a citizen with a gun.

You can see a dark clothed man with a long gun in the center of picture, two people going down in a direction of his fire toward the front, and a citizen with a handgun at the rear of the church.

Texas church shooting leaves 2 dead, witness says gunman opened fire during communion
Travis Fedschun EM-aLQsWoAEIr2M?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, I don't know whether to put a like on the OP because a good guy with a gun did some good, or a sad because a parishioner was killed.

Another reason I carry when I worship.

It's nuts on the outside you have to stay vigilant for.

So sad for those that lost loved ones today :(

Thank goodness for the armed citizen that stopped this from becoming a mass shooting!!

It looks like the first person shot was trying to draw. You will rarely if ever win the race standing with planted feet and drawing against the drop.

Man, this could have been so much worse and why I carry, even to church.

The guy that stopped it reacted pretty quick.
Situational awareness … I'm sure the protector saw the shotgun coming out and began immediate action at the very moment he recognized the threat. Even so the violent criminal was able to get off two shots. Defenders always operate from behind the information curve and will not know of a problem until the bad actor announces the situation, usually by launching an assault.

Way to have your head up and paying attention to your surroundings and great under stress shooting, that was a long shot.

Last Edited:
I don't know that there is any way they could have reacted quicker although I'm sure they were a little on edge because they guy was wearing a hooded trenchcoat at a church service and clearly looked out of place.

The guy who put him down took one very well placed shot under a lot of stress. That takes a lot of training a commitment.

There was more than one or two good guys in that church. I counted at least five people with guns one a woman after the bad guy was down

I already said this before but when I was in South Carolina a few months ago and I went to church with my friend o spotted two people at the church carrying .
My friend told me there are at least 4 that he knows of.
They started after the Charleston church shooting.

The LIVE LEAK posting of this video labels the Successful defender as a cop. I would assume if he was a cop the various articles would have mentioned that. But who knows. The best thing the first guy hoping to defend could have done was to rush the shooter trying to force the shotgun to the wall. He may have still been hit but doubtful the shooter would have gotten a second shot off prior to the guy to the rear clearing his weapon and being able to shoot.

But then I wasn't there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads