JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Give the guy a key to the city and a parade, he took out the trash...

See, this is why I prefer my back to the wall and a visual to the door(s)... Everyone gets the once over, I'm an equal opportunity eyeballer...

I'm with you there nammac! You me and Doc Holliday! :cool:

Decades ago Wife and I were eating at a nice restaurant we liked to treat ourselves to now and then. They had a couple Parrots on display with handlers and the place was an Amazon theme. We are eating lunch when 3 wanabe gang bangers looking kids stop at our table. One says "hey man that looks good,what's that cost". I looked up at him and told him to get the Fu%# away from me. He looked slightly amused for a second and some manager was on them shooing them away. Manager came back and apologized and said they had gone in the kitchen and were trying to talk to one of the servers. Chances are one was a boyfriend of server. Manager offered us a free desert which was nice. In that place those deserts cost as much as an entire meal at a fair restaurant. After we were in the car going home Wife mentioned maybe she should carry, we were newly dating then. I told her I had a gun in my hand under the table when I told them to get away from us. Her mouth about hit the seat. I said I "think" they were kids who have watched too much TV and think they are imitating tough guys they see on TV but I was not taking chances. No one saw the gun which was in a fanny pack when I pulled it out under the table. I put it back when they were run off and no one knew. I said if by chance one of them decided to pull out a weapon, if they had one, I would have just shot him before he knew what was happening. She got pretty quiet most of the rest of the way home. She did start to carry though. She had a permit I had taken her to get and a gun I had bought her, that she was up till then just leaving at home. This was a while back and things have only gotten worse since then. Now days a lot of guys like those I saw that day would be packing a gun even if they had no idea how to use the damn thing.

So....you got her a gun, huh?

Are you dating anyone now?!?! ;)

But there are gun laws in Texas that I do not agree with. Cannot carry in a place of worship, also there are certain signs in Texas where you cannot carry a weapon even concealed into a place. 30.06 concerns size requirement for letters and such. Signs have the force of law in Texas if they are done correctly.

Texas Penal Code - PENAL - PENAL § 30.06 | FindLaw

Texas Penal Code - PENAL - PENAL § 30.07 | FindLaw

Agreed. And I think after the church shooting there has been a move to remove some of those restrictions. It's odd to see that in Texas, but there is a quickly growing group of anti's moving to Texas and looking to change the state from red to blue - looking at the last election, it's not as solidly red as it used to be.

Nice work, Carlos. Family safe, restaurant employees unharmed, and a criminal punk stopped (in this case for good). For those anti-freedom types that snivel out "why do you need CCW/CHL?", this is why. A man did what he had to do: protected his family, and other innocents.

I have trained for that moment, but I sincerely hope to go to my grave w/o ever having the cause to have to shoot/kill someone. Even a POS.

Human life is sacred but if you are trying to kill me I'm afraid I will have to do my best to send you on your eternal path. I also will be 'firing many times.'

Here's the latest news story about an 84 year old man asleep in his bedroom with a pistol under his pillow, when two guys break in and jump him.

As the man Lutz shot rolled off him and died, the other ran out the front door.
"The other one, maybe the bullet hit him, too. I don't know. I hope so," Lutz told WPXI.

Good on him. Like his attitude as well.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads