JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know. Would this just make them the first target to take out for a determined shooter? Would they be better off in plain clothes and carrying concealed?

Yah, then next some SJW would get it back in there head that carry in places of worship shouldn't be allowed. Cuz, see, government "might" be available...

I stopped reading with that ridiculous vid of Bloomberg telling us how people shouldn't be able to carry self protection. Here's what's driving me crazy about this church shooting. Not just here at NWFA, but any of the pro 2nd Amendment folks that are talking this up. Lars Larson for instance. They are saying 200+ people's lives were saved by a "good guy with a gun". Unless I'm missing something because I'm not reading every article on this shooting? Did this dude have a bunch of fire power under his jacket? Hundreds of shotgun rounds in special "Clips"? An AR15 with 30 rnd mags? Pretending that all those peoples lives were saved is an embellishment, just like the anti's making crap up about how much more likely people who have guns in their homes are to die from just having guns in the home. It's disingenuous. How was this guy going to go on a "Mass Shooting" with a single shot gun?

I stopped reading with that ridiculous vid of Bloomberg telling us how people shouldn't be able to carry self protection. Here's what's driving me crazy about this church shooting. Not just here at NWFA, but any of the pro 2nd Amendment folks that are talking this up. Lars Larson for instance. They are saying 200+ people's lives were saved by a "good guy with a gun". Unless I'm missing something because I'm not reading every article on this shooting? Did this dude have a bunch of fire power under his jacket? Hundreds of shotgun rounds in special "Clips"? An AR15 with 30 rnd mags? Pretending that all those peoples lives were saved is an embellishment, just like the anti's making crap up about how much more likely people who have guns in their homes are to die from just having guns in the home. It's disingenuous. How was this guy going to go on a "Mass Shooting" with a single shot gun?

True, it is not that all of them would have died but that any of them could have been next and all but the two were saved.

Years ago, when I was deciding if I should carry or not, I did a bit of research into the statistics of mass shootings. What stood out most was the fact that the body count was always lower if a good guy with a gun could intervene. And the duration of the event was shorter.

This shooting in White Settlement is the same. Fewer people died, and the ordeal was over very quickly.

Pulse Nightclub Shooting : 50 dead, duration 3 hours

New Zealand Mosque Shooting: 51 dead, duration 15 minutes +

White Settlement Church Shooting: 3 dead, duration 6 seconds
Actually the White Settlement shooting .
Is 2 people dead.
And one P.O.S. who doesn't really count.

True, it is not that all of them would have died but that any of them could have been next and all but the two were saved.

My point is, we sound as bad as the antis when we say "A good guy with a gun stopped a mass shooting".

My point is, we sound as bad as the antis when we say "A good guy with a gun stopped a mass shooting".

9 pellets per shot, assuming 00 Buck. Fired across the sanctuary, the spread could hit multiple victims, especially as they panic and try to run. Assuming his gun had 5 shots in the tube and one in the cylinder, that's 6 shots for 54 pellets. If he has shells in his pockets to reload, he could be sending 100+ pellets down range. If there were no armed churchgoers in there, and he was even marginally good at reloading, he could have very well hurt or killed dozens.

My grandfather was a cop in Topeka, Kansas in his younger days. He shot a burglary suspect with a 12 gauge from 20ish yards. A single pellet ended that guy, and only a couple others hit him. In a crowded situation, that means other folks would likely have caught those pellets.

And at the time of the shooting, it's unknown to those involved if the guy has multiple weapons on him - he could've had a Glock stuffed in his pants too, look at the other mass shooters - many of them had more than one weapon on them.

We have the benefit of a week+ of investigation and information coming out. They had 6 seconds from start to finish.

Any of those hundreds of people in the church could have been hurt or killed, and thankfully only 2 were before the bad guy was killed.

Well, I'd say since preaching was being performed for the masses, good guy with a gun stopped a mass shooting!;)

Well, I'd say since preaching was being performed for the masses, good guy with a gun stopped a mass shooting!;)

Well there you go. We had us a mass shooting after all! I take back everything I said. Call the TV media!
;)

Well there you go. We had us a mass shooting after all! I take back everything I said. Call the TV media!
;)

Being a bit literal? ;) He literally saved 200 people? Or he saved many of those 200, any of which could have been next?

And it depends on a "mass shooting" is defined... is it 3 people? Or 4? At any rate, I object to this whole subject on the basis of being a lapsed Catholic. ;););):p:D

Strange how nobody took the time to ask, is that all you got? One of the big take away is the falsehood that gun owning civilians have no common sense and would go gunz a blazing and shoot innocent people. Didn't come close to reality. Was not brought up on any platform.

No only has this story already dropped off mainstream media, the major and teachable points were glossed over. It's even been sold as a bad idea regardless of the resulting lives obviously saved.

Being a bit literal? ;) He literally saved 200 people? Or he saved many of those 200, any of which could have been next?

And it depends on a "mass shooting" is defined... is it 3 people? Or 4? At any rate, I object to this whole subject on the basis of being a lapsed Catholic. ;););):p:D

All I know is that after very little time watching left leaning MSM I'm forced to shut it off because of THEIR embellishing of current events. In a week I probably spend more time on the pot than watching local news. WE know they do it to make the news more exciting!!! I don't care for it when the other side does it either.

This is just my opinion of the way this particular story is being told. My opinion isn't right or wrong. Take it for what it's worth to you.

So yeah, you can say I'm being a LOT literal if you want to. :p I don't mind.

Richard White demonstrated tremendous courage in the face of a gunman pointing a shotgun at him. Knowing he probably wouldn't survive, Richard attempted to engage the gunman before he could shoot. Richard deserves our utmost respect, and I am posting his photo as a memorial to his courage, quick thinking, and willingness to step into the breach. The following was written by a law-enforcement officer before Richard's name was known publicly. I couldn't have stated w...
See More
BnNjCOa2_vUrA2C3_wX1j2mbuxM&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

This is just my opinion of the way this particular story is being told. My opinion isn't right or wrong. Take it for what it's worth to you.

Just want to be clear... I didn't say your opinion is wrong. It is what it is.... literally. :p

I don't even disagree with what you stated. But I still think that since he didn't shoot any Catholics that it wouldn't be a "mass" shooting at any rate. ;):)

I have facebook blocked. Repost?

From the FB Post:

"Richard White demonstrated tremendous courage in the face of a gunman pointing a shotgun at him. Knowing he probably wouldn't survive, Richard attempted to engage the gunman before he could shoot. Richard deserves our utmost respect, and I am posting his photo on my page as a memorial to his courage, quick thinking, and willingness to step into the breach. The following was written by a law-enforcement officer before Richard's name was known publicly. I couldn't have stated what Richard did any better.
"He caused the shooter to have to be distracted with him first and forced the shooter to engage him before the innocent and unsuspecting people in the church pews. This allowed Jack Wilson time to draw his own weapon and put effective rounds on target. Jack Wilson deserves every ounce of credit he gets for his heroic actions and distance shot under stress and I don't mean to take anything away from that. I just hope and pray this other hero's name is released and his sacrifice is known. His quick thinking without regard for his own life in the face of sure death saved countless innocent lives. He completely ignored the human tendency of self preservation so others would live. He turned a no win situation into a win at cost of everything he is, was, and will be.
Well done Jack Wilson and well done to this unknown hero. With your shield... or on it. "
Rest In Peace"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads