JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have put my beretta up for sale a couple times. Also on the outdoors trader.
I thought I could trade my beretta 96D for a glock. I would also give a little cash if I felt I needed to, to make the deal even. Is glock just a better handgun then the beretta.?(In it's own unique way) Doesnt the US ARMY and border patrol carry beretta's? Even though the slide is a open design, I find it to be a really straight shooter, and an all around good gun. I am just really into DAO guns. Even though glock is a safe action. Ive heard people say it is just like a double action.

I think it's because of people giving away Beretta's. I have no idea why most of them are selling so cheap.

I'm in the same boat, I've had mine up for sale for about 2 months now, although it's a bit pricier it's also a rare model to find.

Just keep trying and you'll find someone eventually!

Well, I'm just guessing here but I'd say it's because it is a larger pistol. I personally like Berettas. They fit my hands well and are fun to shoot. Basically it seems like most people are looking for a concealed carry gun or a range gun. You can get a much smaller gun in the same caliber for concealed carry and it seems like people who want range guns get fancy pants 1911s or other guns that are considerably more expensive than the Beretta.

It is a good fit for open carry (like the military etc.) but isn't ideal for other common uses.:(

Maybe you should figure out the fair market (actual selling prices) of your gun and sell it. Then you're free to go buy what you want, Glock or not.

Maybe it's because ten guys on here just made a group buy on the Beretta 92D Centurian for $279.00
each. ??

<broken link removed>

Maybe it's because that same dealer still will sell one for $299.00? ??

<broken link removed>

Maybe it's because so darned many of that model are being imported as surplus?

I dunno. ??

I am one of those guys that likes the fancy smancy 1911s. Never owned a Beretta, probably never will. I prefer .45 in a single stack over 9mm any day of the week.

Just a personal choice for me.

Well, I'm just guessing here but I'd say it's because it is a larger pistol. I personally like Berettas. They fit my hands well and are fun to shoot. Basically it seems like most people are looking for a concealed carry gun or a range gun. You can get a much smaller gun in the same caliber for concealed carry and it seems like people who want range guns get fancy pants 1911s or other guns that are considerably more expensive than the Beretta.

It is a good fit for open carry (like the military etc.) but isn't ideal for other common uses.:(

I think cwegga hit the nail on the head. I personally like the Beretta 92 series guns. My brother has one that I've tried that I really liked, but would I own one? No. Just not my thing. Too big for CC, although I carry a 1911 CBOB, and I am in the kind of "fancy pants" 1911 crowd. :s0114:

I also think others are right here that say the Beretta 92's are just priced down right now. If it were me, I would just keep it in the safe and save my pennies for what I really want or go ahead and sacrifice it for a lower price and consider it taking a little less for what you would like for it to help you get what you REALLY want.

I have put my beretta up for sale a couple times. Also on the outdoors trader.
I thought I could trade my beretta 96D for a glock. I would also give a little cash if I felt I needed to, to make the deal even. Is glock just a better handgun then the beretta.?(In it's own unique way) Doesnt the US ARMY and border patrol carry beretta's? Even though the slide is a open design, I find it to be a really straight shooter, and an all around good gun. I am just really into DAO guns. Even though glock is a safe action. Ive heard people say it is just like a double action.

Is that a 9mm or .40? Is it a Centurion? A lot of those are being imported as surplus right now, especially in .40. I think they are great guns and I'd keep it.

I just like trading. Ya I could go out and buy whatever.............It's just not my thing. I like to meet new people and make new deals. To the guy that was saying they are 299. Thats why I wanted to use some money to make a even deal. I understand people like high cap. The beretta is high cap. There is some people that have like 10 glocks. I understand they like them all, in their own way. Beretta's are great guns. Cant anybody keep guns for target shooting only anymore. Or are people only worried about the smallest with the most ammo in the mag. You can also caliber change a beretta very easy. Like a glock. It is about as easy to dissassemble as a glock or easier. Thanks for the input guys..............Keep it comin.

They're great guns but for one, it's a 96D, double action only and secondly, the market is flooded with them now that LE agency's are replacing them with other firearms. Hang in there though...I'm sure you'll find a buyer or trader some day. :)

It's so strange because for the longest time's I thought cops carry glock's. It would be weird to see a cop with a beretta. But I hear about so many agencies having them. Just wondering why people assume it is a LE trade in..............Even though it is.

I think people either love their Beretta or hate them. I have one and would never sell it. I recently had to sell a couple firearms to get some money and I sold my Glock 27 and my S&W M&P15. I like the Glock, But prefer double action pistols. And selling the AR was sooooo heart breaking. But I bought it for $850 and sold it after 2 years for $1250. Better than my 401K!

Don't know, try Gunbroker.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads