JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep coming back to them. I don't know why I keep doing this dance. Picking up a new G30 this time around since I'm all set up for reloading .45 due to my 1911 habit. Just works, easy to maintain and accurate. I actually like the stock trigger. Only thing I don't like about them is the factory sites, but that's a given on any handgun.

I strongly disagree. If the Glock was a true "fighting handgun" it would have been adopted by many military forces, which it has not. (yes, there are a few)

Since you bring the "fighting handgun" into this conversation, what do many special forces of the USA use? 1911.

I do agree that the Glock is a good handgun, especially for police forces that use many officers that are not interested in handguns except for what's required on the job.

Preface:
I am a Walther guy, at heart. I believe M&Ps, XDs, P99s, PPQs, Caracals, and some other pistols to be equal to Glocks.

There ARE Special Forces guys all over the world carrying Glocks. In fact, a lot of them are American. Going a step farther, most of the guys carrying them are actual "gun guys" who get input on what they carry.

Are there MORE SF guys carrying Glocks than 1911s? Don't know, don't care. Glocks are recognized as one of many great choices. That's my only point, here-- they are ONE great choice, among others.

If the grip angle is an issue, use the Grip Force Adaptor....I did and I love it. I fell back in love with my G17 all over again. The grip angle never bothered me, but I am glad I got it.

I have nothing against Glocks (except maybe their boxy looks, grip angles, the lack of safety options) but I am sincerely not sure why anyone in the US would use a Glock when there are M&Ps lying around - more ergonomic, just as reliable, American-made, equally priced, and very widespread (but hopefully not to the point of being "Toyota Camry's" of the handgun world).

If you like your G and shoot it well - keep using it, great choice overall. However, my observation is that a lot of first-time pistol buyers choose Glock following their "knowledgeable friend's" advice and too lazy to do any research on alternatives.

I can tell you why I carry a Glock Netspirit. The M&P is a fine gun, and I've had it in 9mm, .40 cal., and 45 ACP. For my large sized hands, the grip is a little thin and the back straps don't fix the problem for me. I like the fact that the Glock is so simple (compared to most other "duty" pistols) and I can tear it down all the way with a pocket knife.... heck a tooth pick lol (accept the mag button). I also like the blue label pricing I get because I qualify for the LEO discount..... I picked up two Glock 17 pistols, both Gen4 for $398 each and you can't beat that (I can get LE discounts on the M&P too).
I must say, it's really nice to have a 33 round capacity for my 9mm or 22 round capacity for the .40/.357 round, for when SHTF :). Parts are sooooo much easier to find and caliber conversions are a piece of cake too. And if someone wanted to SBR one, they just file the paperwork and buy the stock and they are done.

I can tell you why I carry a Glock Netspirit. The M&P is a fine gun, and I've had it in 9mm, .40 cal., and 45 ACP. For my large sized hands, the grip is a little thin and the back straps don't fix the problem for me. I like the fact that the Glock is so simple (compared to most other "duty" pistols) and I can tear it down all the way with a pocket knife.... heck a tooth pick lol (accept the mag button). I also like the blue label pricing I get because I qualify for the LEO discount..... I picked up two Glock 17 pistols, both Gen4 for $398 each and you can't beat that.
I must say, it's really nice to have a 33 round capacity for my 9mm or 22 round capacity for the .40/.357 round, for when SHTF :) and parts are sooooo much easier to find and caliber conversions are a piece of cake too. And if someone wanted to SBR one, they just file the paperwork and buy the stock and they are done.

What he said. Blue label pricing is good :)

For my large sized hands, the grip is a little thin and the back straps don't fix the problem for me.

I am not questioning your choice, seeing that your have handled both, done your homework and made a conscious decision. Pistols are like toilet paper - if your human part does not like it, there is no point in having a debate :)

I was writing about first-time buyers that I often see in gun stores - those folks have no idea what they want and why, maybe they saw a G in the movies, have a friend who is a G zealot, etc. so they never consider anything else. My point is: they should. Glock used to be THE plastic handgun in the 80s, but the industry has caught up and we do have decent alternatives now.

I won't own a Glock for several, personal reasons. I've shot one, just one, and while I thought it was a good shooting gun (even the grip angle didn't bother me as it's close to the Ruger 22), it's just not my kind of handgun... but I swear to God I wanna choke every Glock fanboy that says, "Cuz they go bang every time"!

Are you freakin kidding me?!?!? Every single pistol I've ever owned has done that. I am so sick of that statement I could puke!

Find something else to promote your favorite pistol. I'm sure there are more reasons that that to own a Glock, but if that's the reasoning you use, you need to be enlightened to many other reliable pistols.

Sorry to make you sick. I own a two Ruger pistols and two Smith & Wesson pistols that have not been as reliable as any of my Glocks. I've never had a single FTE or any other functional issue with them. That's simply my (admittedly limited) experience - and since we're dispensing advice, I've found Pepto Bismal usually takes care of nausea.

By the way, thanks for making a new female gun owner feel so warmly welcomed.

Sorry to make you sick. I own a two Ruger pistols and two Smith & Wesson pistols that have not been as reliable as any of my Glocks. I've never had a single FTE or any other functional issue with them. That's simply my (admittedly limited) experience - and since we're dispensing advice, I've found Pepto Bismal usually takes care of nausea.

By the way, thanks for making a new female gun owner feel so warmly welcomed.

Yes, Pepto works well. And since you're not a boy, then it couldn't be you, could it? As you might have seen, I'm not the only one that is a bit tired of that statement.
As far as a non reliable Ruger or Smith, talk to the companies who made them. Both offer great customer service. Ruger doesn't care if you bought it 2nd hand. Smith may ask for you to pay some, may not.
Welcome to NWFA. Sorry that my opinion offended you.

Relax a bit and enjoy the site.

I have nothing against Glocks (except maybe their boxy looks, grip angles, the lack of safety options) but I am sincerely not sure why anyone in the US would use a Glock when there are M&Ps lying around - more ergonomic, just as reliable, American-made, equally priced, and very widespread (but hopefully not to the point of being "Toyota Camry's" of the handgun world).

If you like your G and shoot it well - keep using it, great choice overall. However, my observation is that a lot of first-time pistol buyers choose Glock following their "knowledgeable friend's" advice and too lazy to do any research on alternatives.

Glock also offers more options. I was a hater but the 20 I bought in 10mm converted me to the dark side.

I've owned XDMs and have shot an M&P. I used to dislike shooting Glocks but have gotten used to them. They're also very easy to work on and have a lot aftermarket parts and are easy to get factory parts for them. I'll buy another. A lot of Glocks are made in the US too.

I strongly disagree. If the Glock was a true "fighting handgun" it would have been adopted by many military forces, which it has not. (yes, there are a few)

Since you bring the "fighting handgun" into this conversation, what do many special forces of the USA use? 1911.

I do agree that the Glock is a good handgun, especially for police forces that use many officers that are not interested in handguns except for what's required on the job.

The first thing that any military looks at when considering infantry small arms, is cost. A lot of Northern European armies use the Glock as their infantry side arm. The British Army recently adopted the Glock 17 (upgrading from the Browning HP, largely due to limited magazine capacity) although other branches of the British Armed Forces use the Sig P226. The Glock is in service with at least three dozen armies and military branches around the world.

Personally I don't think you could beat a Sig for reliability, I recently shot my P228 for the first time in 2 years, without cleaning it and without a single issue. It also makes sense to have your weapon chambered in a common caliber, as far as I'm aware the US military is the only country to use 45.

I like a firearm to look as good as it shoots. Glocks are great guns for new shooters not looking to fool with safteys and d/sa. Its like a transmission, autos are fine for ladies and simpletons, I prefer 5 speed tremec TKOs.

005-19_zpscd0aee6f.jpg

a brown pile is a brown pile no matter how you shape it, cube it, smash it. or role it. it's still a brown pile. = glock
needless to say I'm not a fan of glocks

Well I know one thing my G19 will be as reliable 30 years from now smashed up or roled as it was out of the box. Also, Beretta is more like an automatic, not a TKO or Tremec, (us wish). Preditiable and with not eat everything. This is my favorite 9mm, darn it looks so good!
IMG_20130714_203053_586-1.jpg

IMG_20130714_203053_586-1.jpg

Well I know one thing my G19 will be as reliable 30 years from now smashed up or roled as it was out of the box. Also, Beretta is more like an automatic, not a TKO or Tremec, (us wish). Preditiable and with not eat everything. This is my favorite 9mm, darn it looks so good!
View attachment 66703

I love getting those manties all worked up tee Hee Hee. I never said I don't like them. I just don't prefer them. There is a use for everything. Like honduhs and acuras, great for ladies.

That will smith Glock huh....you shoot it like martin. You know how dadi does. Diddle diddle right down the middle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top