JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a nuke hits and you're living off of boxed mac and cheese you'll be garnishing it with sautéed coyote as$hole before long just to have something different. You don't need butter for M&C anyway.
168634-576a.jpg

Fresh cat oil is better than butter, and chapstick, and Jergens.

GHEE is the way. Can cook things at higher heat than butter and not an issue for those with lactose intolerances.

Great in my morning coffee with MCT oil, cinnamon.

Fry pan steaks, hamburger in GHEE as well as lard. Never use canola, seed, vegetable oils; trash and unhealthy. Worse for you than smoking or casual drinking.

Last Edited:
Bacon grease. Nothing beats that.
Yep - pretty dang good for some things. I also render my own chicken fat. I will save the skin from chicken recipies that do not require the skin left on and pan fry them till the skins are crisp (cracklins') then strain and filter the fat through fine scotch brite. What is left is a very clear fat that I freeze until I use it for something. It freezes pure white and I typically use it to season cast iron pans and when I recently got my Blackstone LP griddle I seasoned it as well with the chicken fat and it came out nicely!

IMG_20220817_192239512.jpg

You have to add butter to those? I've just been adding water this whole time! HAHAHAHAHA! I reckon I don't give a darn, just happy to be eating something >:9

I don't know of any long-term shelf-stable substitute for butter. If things get bad enough to go into emergency foods then I feel one can appreciated eating anything and look past things that taste good. Unless you're able to make your own then I don't know.

Also remember that drinking water is the most important thing.

You have to add butter to those? I've just been adding water this whole time! HAHAHAHAHA! I reckon I don't give a darn, just happy to be eating something >:9

I don't know of any long-term shelf-stable substitute for butter. If things get bad enough to go into emergency foods then I feel one can appreciated eating anything and look past things that taste good. Unless you're able to make your own then I don't know.

Also remember that drinking water is the most important thing.
I have a good RO filter

I have used mayo instead of butter for the neon macaroni. Works. Of course, you may not have mayo. You can make mayo with eggs and oil, add lemon juice, or similar (can add herbs/spices as well).

Maybe after the bombs drop, mayo could be made with oil or fat of choice, powdered eggs, and...I don't know...a TINY bit of lemoshine? Works great for polishing brass, so win-win. Not sure of food safety though...

I have used mayo instead of butter for the neon macaroni. Works. Of course, you may not have mayo. You can make mayo with eggs and oil, add lemon juice, or similar (can add herbs/spices as well).

Maybe after the bombs drop, mayo could be made with oil or fat of choice, powdered eggs, and...I don't know...a TINY bit of lemoshine? Works great for polishing brass, so win-win. Not sure of food safety though...
Priced powdered eggs lately?

Haha. The HOA isn't going to allow dairy cows even in the aftermath of a nuclear war and especially then the last thing you want to be eating is strontium 90 enriched butter.
Well, on the bright side, you won't need a flashlight at night.

Not a butter substitute, but it might do the trick.
We ate this as a kid. Prolly what's wrong with me!

As a bonus, you could use it as a ballistic block when it expires! 😂

934AE5BF-3F3E-4B1C-993B-07246E8A0401.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews