JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so here goes, suppose you have a handgun in one of those lockable metal boxes, locked and cabled to the framework under the seat of your pickup. is this considered a concealed weapon?

Depends.

I'm assuming a CHL is not involved. If so, then as long as it's unloaded and the ammo secured separately, then no... it's not "concealed".

If it's loaded, and without a CHL, then yes, it's "concealed".

Although... "concealed" isn't really the appropriate term... but I get what you're asking. One is a "legal" transport of a firearm and one is an "illegal" transport of a firearm.

I'll throw in a "depends". If you can open the lockbox from inside of the cab AND you have ammo stored with it, then yes. If you can't access it, AND you don't have ammo or loaded anything, then you're good to go throughout Oregon.

I believe Oregon still has a valid exception to hunting, fishing and target shooting during and to/from; trust but verify.

It depends on the state but generally if its not loaded and not readily accessible then its legal. The definition of not loaded and not readily accessible also varies by state. The spirit of the law is unless you have a chl, they don't wan't you to be able to pull a out a loaded gun while you are operating your vehicle. If you can do that then your storage method is not acceptable.

Why a lockbox? I want to be able to wave my gun around all Willy nilly and such. A lockbox is not conducive to such behavior. What if I pull up and have to scare kids off my lawn? What if I come across nuns attacking a bear and I need to defend the bear? What about the rampaging zombie circus clowns on the freeway? I keep at least one gun on me at all times, sometimes two, because, well, ya just never know what ya gonna run into.

Why a lockbox? I want to be able to wave my gun around all Willy nilly and such. A lockbox is not conducive to such behavior. What if I pull up and have to scare kids off my lawn? What if I come across nuns attacking a bear and I need to defend the bear? What about the rampaging zombie circus clowns on the freeway? I keep at least one gun on me at all times, sometimes two, because, well, ya just never know what ya gonna run into.
These very things haunt me at night when trying to sleep!

🫣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads