JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me too! I was a died in the wool Glock hater but went to the dark side with a 20SF. There is just something about carrying 16 rounds of 10mm! Gary

It absorbs recoil better than the 1911 10mm I shot. I was amazed at the difference. I bought it for the capacity of 10mm and have found other reasons to like it. I might end up looking at a SF but have gotten used to the frame on mine.

I won't own a Glock for several, personal reasons. I've shot one, just one, and while I thought it was a good shooting gun (even the grip angle didn't bother me as it's close to the Ruger 22), it's just not my kind of handgun... but I swear to God I wanna choke every Glock fanboy that says, "Cuz they go bang every time"!

Are you freakin kidding me?!?!? Every single pistol I've ever owned has done that. I am so sick of that statement I could puke!

Find something else to promote your favorite pistol. I'm sure there are more reasons that that to own a Glock, but if that's the reasoning you use, you need to be enlightened to many other reliable pistols.

I won't own a Glock for several, personal reasons. I've shot one, just one, and while I thought it was a good shooting gun (even the grip angle didn't bother me as it's close to the Ruger 22), it's just not my kind of handgun... but I swear to God I wanna choke every Glock fanboy that says, "Cuz they go bang every time"!

Are you freakin kidding me?!?!? Every single pistol I've ever owned has done that. I am so sick of that statement I could puke!

Find something else to promote your favorite pistol. I'm sure there are more reasons that that to own a Glock, but if that's the reasoning you use, you need to be enlightened to many other reliable pistols.

You forgot being able to bury it in the dirt and still shoot 1000 flawless rounds.

I've owned a few, but thy haven't been any more reliable than the others.

Not a Glock bash but an in general plastic pistol bash " I own some" The retail price is way to high considering how they are built. Look at all the parts in an all steel RIA 1911 etc.

For me..... Glock 17 Gen4. It has good capacity, low recoil, grip fit is perfect, it's reliable, good enough trigger, nice reset........ I can go on and on lol.

Without a doubt i'm gonna have to second that. I love all of my guns, but there's just somthing about the g4 G17 that feels right everytime I pull the trigger.

All I can say to this title is THERE ARE A LOT OF SUBSTITUTES! I have limited experience with Glocks, first time went pretty well, second time shooting a friends it misfired 2 times in one mag. Only misfired on me and no one else so maybe the gun knew I thought it was ugly so it didn't want to perform.
I would take my SIG anyday.

Gen 4 G23.......small enough to conceal, big enough to shoot accurately, enough capacity (I hope I never have to find out). I qualify w/ a G22 and compete w/ a G34 but carry the 23. Not too hot and not too cold, just right!

I have a G19 Gen 4 and a G22 Gen 4.
I am much more accurate with them than other guns I have tried. I love how they feel...I know some people hate the grip angle
but I learned to shoot with a Glock and find it much more comfortable than any other gun. Like the reliability, the availability of
after market assesories, and the high capacity.
I find it annoying that people trash talk Glocks. If you don't like them, great. They are not for everyone. I would never bad mouth
another brand of gun because it didn't appeal to me or perform well.
To those who think Glocks are ugly.....I find them beautiful. And sexy!!!!

Which Glock? Depends:

Gen 4 G34 for competition.

Gen 4 G17 for carry in the backcountry.

Gen 4 G19 for concealed carry.

Gen 4 G26 for concealed carry when the weather's hot.

One of the things I like best about Glocks is that they are a standard modular system--kind of like the ARs of handguns. Mags and most parts are interchangeable. I like that I can detail strip the gun in minutes.

I also like Glocks because I shoot them as well or better than any other handgun.

Glock 19 (Gen 4).

There are a lot of reliable weapons on the market. There are pistols with better triggers. Just about anything has better stock sights. The grip angle is "meh". They aren't sexy, at all. There are some other options (Ruger SR series, S&W M&P) that are equally low on muzzle rise.

Where they stand out is convenience. I can get mags, holsters, etc with zero effort. I can use the same holsters for my 23 or 19.

Convenience is what won me over. I'm still a Walther (PPQ, P99) guy at heart.

To those of you that "hate" the glock grip angle, have you tried the gen 4 replaceable backstrap? Many people mistakenly say that the grip angle is too much for them, in reality a backstrap replacement would fix everything. Try it!

Also, glocks aren't ugly. They look great. Shut up. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads