JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got curious about this since I don't carry a LDA anything and after listening to other people who were uncomfortable carrying a 1911 style weapon Cocked and locked as it was intended to be carried. I personally don't understand the people that are apprehensive carrying a 1911 in condition one which in my opinion is extremely safe.

So anyways Glock or LDA guys do you carry with one in the pipe and ready?

The closest I come to this is carrying my little DAO LCP with one in the pipe. This doesn't scare me but it is a long heavy trigger pull. I'm more then a little curious how many LDA carriers keep one in the pipe. Further more I'm even more curious if these same people would not carry a 1911 in condition one?

Please share! :s0155:

I personally would never even consder carrying a firearm without a cartridge in the chamber. If I need that weapon, I want it to be ready for use, NOW. I also only carry said firearm in a proper holster that covers the trigger. I feel safe this way, knowing that I've done my best to avoid possible 'accidents' that can come about from poor choices of carry.

If you feel that you need to carry your firearm "unloaded", you just might need more training/practice carrying.

YMMV

If someone feels that uncomfortable carrying a loaded firearm they have no business carrying a firearm. I dont want someone that incompetent handling a loaded gun.

I carry Kahrs & Glocks with one in the tube and 1911's in condition 1. IMO it has more to do with the person, than the type of firearm. But still the 1911 in condition one is hard to beat for being a safe carry, even safer than a DA wheel gun.

Both G19 and G26 ready to go BANG. When I first got into concealed, I was leary about a glock being so trigger sensitive. Lots of training later and a top quality holster, I have no problem and would not carry w/o being ready to fire. Can you imagine having to draw, then rack while your adenaline is flying? Spells disaster. Here's what I'd recommend for Glock newbies. Get a really good hoster that protects the trigger from snagging, have it cocked but without any ammo, and carry around the house, sitting, jumping, etc. Practive drawing again and again.
I think the most tenuous thing with Glock SA's is re-holstering, so practice that too.
My 2 cents..............

i am a newbie and have a glock 27 and would like to carry 1 in the chamber what iwb do u recommend? links if you can.

That would depend somewhat on position of carry - 3-5 o clock or SOB.
What is your body type? (slim waist and broad shoulders or bigger around the middle)
What do you typically wear and activities you do while in normal clothing?

Okay so it is clearly just a minority that carry with out one in the pipe. That solves that mystery for me.

I agree with all. If your going to carry the weapon should be ready to rock.

I have a friend of mine at work that's brand new to carrying and he carries very safe I guess unless he has to actually use it it's safe I guess. :D He carries with an empty chamber. Yep even with a 1911. He is convinced that it doesn't take anytime at all to draw and rack the slide and plus he's convinced that the sound of racking the slide alone is going to scare the bad guys away. It both annoys me and makes me laugh at the same time. I can't convince him otherwise either.

to each his own. At least your friend is carrying. No point carrying with one in the pipe when you're not mentally prepared for it - that's when people injure themselves.

The sound thing - not sure that's the best idea in the world but he's probably given it a little thought and is just not as comfortable with carrying chambered.

That would depend somewhat on position of carry - 3-5 o clock or SOB.
What is your body type? (slim waist and broad shoulders or bigger around the middle)
What do you typically wear and activities you do while in normal clothing?

6,4 250 big guy. Jeans and undershirt and shirt basically every day and just work which is real calm walking or sitting and i fish alot thats about all i do. i was loking at the supertuck deluxe

to each his own. At least your friend is carrying. No point carrying with one in the pipe when you're not mentally prepared for it - that's when people injure themselves.

The sound thing - not sure that's the best idea in the world but he's probably given it a little thought and is just not as comfortable with carrying chambered.

Actually he has his permit but he almost never carries. The only time I know for a fact he was carrying was the last time he came up here to shoot several months ago. In fact he told me a story about the last time he was pulled over. The Police officer gave him crap for not carrying :s0112:

also i kind of agree i have been practicing the draw and slide and have got really fast at it. i dont picture a old western shoot out if someone coming in my house i have time to rack if someone is robbing a store and i try to be a hero i can rack if someone attacks my friends and i without a gun i have time to rack. only situation is if someone put a gun to my head and i wanted to draw fast and shoot him but the odds of that are pretty rare it can happen but rare. please dont tear me to shreds for this like i said new and may have the wrong mindset let me know if im wrong

also i kind of agree i have been practicing the draw and slide and have got really fast at it. i dont picture a old western shoot out if someone coming in my house i have time to rack if someone is robbing a store and i try to be a hero i can rack if someone attacks my friends and i without a gun i have time to rack. only situation is if someone put a gun to my head and i wanted to draw fast and shoot him but the odds of that are pretty rare it can happen but rare. please dont tear me to shreds for this like i said new and may have the wrong mindset let me know if im wrong

If you practice the Israeli draw and master it, it can be effective. You are right in situations that you have time, you will have time to rack it, I just prefer to hope for the best and expect the worsts (In other words I do not assume I'm going to have any extra time). I'd rather not gamble my life on a random grave situation for which I can not predict how much time I'll need to react.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top