JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i dont have kids i said i have neice that has absolutly no gun experience and is to young and not enough time around me to learn though so her around it does make me nervous.
also doesnt it take a debate to make a conclusion on the best way to do something?

Oh okay it was the other guy then I guess. Why are you nervous if it's in your holster and thus you have positive control over it?

I do understand and agree that everybody needs gun safety even if they are anti-gunners. Is your nieces parents anti-gun? If they aren't encourage them to teach gun safety to her or at least encourage them to tell her that guns are dangerous don't play with them.

I don't know that's a rough one, I know, I have nieces and though their parents aren't anti-gun and they even have unsecured firearms in their house they didn't know anything about gun handling or safety until I gave them a brief lesson. I then called their dad and asked if he minded if I extended the training and taught them a little bit about shooting. He was real weird about it (He's a weird dude BTW) but gave me the okay. Unfortunately for some odd reason now my nieces have no interest in shooting. So in summery I do understand how difficult it can be teach people/kids about proper gun safety and handling outside of your immediate family but I also know just how important it is so we have to try.

they arent anti-gun my brother in-law is more of a sister-in law hahah seriously no im gonna teach my neice but my sisters prego now and so gonna wait allitle while. I know if its iwb i have control but i worry i guess just cant imagine if something happened . question you seem understanding of the situation what do you do say your gonna fall asleep on thanksgiving (saying you would) on the couch or something take it out set it somewere or leave it cus thats when i would be worried of her touching or seeing it?

I thought the point was to get multiple opinions on a topic from people of all ages and situations in life and go threw them to find out the best of the answers or the over all concesses of the group.
I apologize if im coming across angry or anything not my intent just thought that was the point.

Are you angry??? Sorry if I made you angry.

The first thing I said was that your views were welcome. Of course I wanted to hear everybodies views or I wouldn't have asked but mostly I was curious as to how common it was for people to carried empty. I got curious as to why after the responses admittedly but it wasn't my intent to have a debate.

I think carrying empty is dangerously slow, and awkward.

You believe it's safer and fast enough.

We don't have to agree and we can still respect each others opinions right.

no no couldnt agree with you more im not angry i ment sorry if i come across like i am. I would probably carry but i only have a glock 27 but im getting the triiger with the other safety once i get that i will carry chambered. i dont like glocks safety!!!
but i guess for the situations i picture that could happen to me having to slide isnt make or break and you guys prepare for all which is 100% understandable and maybe i will change my mind

they arent anti-gun my brother in-law is more of a sister-in law hahah seriously no im gonna teach my neice but my sisters prego now and so gonna wait allitle while. I know if its iwb i have control but i worry i guess just cant imagine if something happened . question you seem understanding of the situation what do you do say your gonna fall asleep on thanksgiving (saying you would) on the couch or something take it out set it somewere or leave it cus thats when i would be worried of her touching or seeing it?

I have been at my parents house recently for a holiday get together and I worked the night before and really needed a nap. What I did was find a bed (Mom and Dad's in fact). When i was alone in the room I unloaded, dropped the mag and stored the mag and gun in different places. I would have rather locked it up loaded but my father doesn't own a gun safe so it was in fact just as safe as his guns. He doesn't keep anything locked up or loaded in his house. I didn't bring my little pistol safe with me unfortunately.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you think you might fall asleep carrying I would find a place to lock it up or at least unload and separate it near where you will be sleeping. Not a great place but you could lock it up in your car if nothing else was available. Personally I feel it'll do you no good should you need it while it's in your car but it would be safe from little hands.

I have fallen asleep at home with my LCP in my pocket more then once but it is highly unlikely that anybody could get it out of the pocket of my jeans without waking me up and it doesn't fall out.

no no couldnt agree with you more im not angry i ment sorry if i come across like i am. I would probably carry but i only have a glock 27 but im getting the triiger with the other safety once i get that i will carry chambered. i dont like glocks safety!!!
but i guess for the situations i picture that could happen to me having to slide isnt make or break and you guys prepare for all which is 100% understandable and maybe i will change my mind

Yeah I don't have any personal experience with Glocks or LDA but I hear that a lot. I do own and carry regular DA though and it doesn't bother me but the trigger is not going to accidentally get pulled on mine.

I'd like to shoot a Glock someday to find out what all the fuss is about but believe it or not I've never had the opportunity.

I am perfectly comfortable carrying my Kahr's with one in the pipe. They are not exactly like a Glock but they have similar trigger weights. I am also okay with cocked & locked.

I will admit that this is a recent development for me and it has taken me a few years of carry experience to feel comfortable with either. These days I feel pretty safe with a gun with no safety as long as the trigger is over 5lbs.

I carry my .380 Colt pocket Mustang with one in the chamber, hammer down and saftey on. Tell me is condition 1 with the hammer back and the gun on saftey? if so, is it considered safer to have the hammer back and then on safe?

My KelTec is carried with a round in the chamber also.

I used to have a spring field 1911 compact. I had one in the pipe and all I had to do was to pull the hammer back or sometimes i'd have the hammer back and the safety on. But now I have a glock 27 and I carry that suka HOT lol yep yep I got one in the pipe ready to meet the bad guy. Yeah like some of you say..... if your not comfortable with carrying a loaded gun then don't bother. I say go get yourself a pet rock or a bat :s0012:

I used to have a spring field 1911 compact. I had one in the pipe and all I had to do was to pull the hammer back or sometimes i'd have the hammer back and the safety on. But now I have a glock 27 and I carry that suka HOT lol yep yep I got one in the pipe ready to meet the bad guy. Yeah like some of you say..... if your not comfortable with carrying a loaded gun then don't bother. I say go get yourself a pet rock or a bat :s0012:

whatever not even worth a response!!!!! since others have said it takes sometime to buildup to it for some but i understand some of you are just that bad *** hahahahah

Yeah take your time to "buildup" to it and when your ready you can carry it concealed lol

its called learning and being safe and making sure you and the others around you are safe. im not jumping into anything without as much knowledge as you should have when a mistake could kill... Thats why i am on here learning everyday from people that sound like they have knowledge and looking for good courses to take. Because i am being smart about it not trying to be a tough guy and do something outside of my knowledge

it takes .00000002 to rack im my mind if your in burger king and a guy shoots up the place you are gonna be nelt down and you can pull rack and shoot. rack and shoot will be the same motion.

somebody has been watching to much tv and needs to go to some classes. no offense indented. imo this is a point of view that could get you and others killed

In many situations you will only have one hand free. In that case your gun is about as effective as a rock. Wouldn't you want to have the advantage carrying a pistol affords in as many situations as possible?

Always carry at Defcon 1.One hand is better than no hands.There is no ideal situation when the lead flies,you just do it.When the smoke clears you check and see if you are the last man standing and don't have any holes in ya.If you don't and the bad guy is down then you had a good day.YMMV

somebody has been watching to much tv and needs to go to some classes. no offense indented. imo this is a point of view that could get you and others killed

wow apparently you only read some posts or you would see i am new to this and am trying to take a bunch of classes when time and money allows. So you should realize if im wrong i will learn that . I also dont watch tv really just so you know smart guy and when on tv do you see them rack and shoot so apparently your thought process makes no since. NO OFFENSE INTENDID

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top