JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've shot glocks but still am not on the bandwagon for striker fired guns; even though the ones I've shot, I had good groups so it's not like I can't shoot them - I just don't like them.

Waiting for a 1911 to get cleared and I'll try that for awhile to see if it's something I'd carry or not...

image.jpeg
I'm down for a couple..... that'd make the mags 11.34" long just for the rounds, figure the spring and follower.... about 14" OAL.... out of G42/43 grip.... LMAO!! :s0108:
It can still be concealed. No one would even notice :confused:

I dunno. They were first in the game, and ol Gaston was quite the innovator, so there is something to be said for that, but there are a bubblegum ton of other options that are basically the same design, so by default, just as reliable.

What annoys me is the hard core Glock guys that don't think any other gun will go bang when you pull the trigger, like it is some magical talisman of protection and doom which has been oiled from the rendered fat of a baby unicorn.

What they do have going for them which the other guys are lacking is the modularity and customizable mags, barrels etc if you are into that kind of thing.

Some think they are beautiful, some dont. Whatever. It is a hunk of polymer and steel that I wouldn't hesitate to trust my life to, like some others. Pick your flavor.

In spite of the awful trigger, I score well with the thing. Add a 3.5 connector and it's "customized".

Lose it to the evidence room and get one that shoots just like it the next day.
Squeeze =bang. Every time.

I had to spend $1,000 for the Unicorn Mojo to make my Colt 1911 work as I wanted.

I spent about $5 for the 3.5 connector and $8 for the Hogue grip to make the G21 work as I wanted.

Guns are not "bling". :D.

My G20 Mk-1 still the ugliest gun ever, but its works every time it needs to, and with good night sights, I have no excuses. Sure my 1911's are purdy, and shoot nice little clover leafs, but like posted above, they need tuning and breaking in to get them to run with defensive loads. With ball, (as the great J.M. Browning intended) they work every bit as well as any other, and I have no problems with any of mine!

Glocks are the most overrated handguns on the market. There's an entire industry devoted just to making the grips suck a wee bit less.

"A long in the tooth tool, made by an old tool, for use by young tools" is how one firearms instructor I had put it.

I don't own any expensive handguns, and don't remember ever shooting one.

I do have a G20.4. Spent some money on an after market barrel that I think might be better. Some more money on a flat trigger that I think might be better. A bit more on some sights that are better. Bought some springs, and a couple more barrels.

It's not all that comfortable to hold, pretty indifferent about the way it looks.

After 3 thousand rounds, 749 unique handloads, using 43 different powders, 75 different bullets, loaded from 1.240 to 1.280, 250 ft lbs to 815, bone stock to 24lb comped - it just works. Every time.

Now isn't there a Match Elite in the classified section ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews