JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Put a MRDS on the G43X and longer slide/sight radius advantage goes away.
As far as easy of target acquisition and aiming yes, but barrel length and overall mass contribute to its shootability. While I'm sure great shooters can be just as accurate with a G43X, not everyone is as skilled or practiced. So yes, optic removes the sight radius disadvantage, but it doesn't change the advantage of slightly better recoil management and slightly more effective range. I guess you could also argue the G34X would have a better firing rate in CQB due to less reciprocating mass of the slide. Either way, I don't think the 43X is bad by any means, I just personally prefer the 48.

I've had front sights go flying. I subscribe to the department of redundancy department. Two is one, one is none and all that.
I agree there. Always good to have a backup.

I've had front sights go flying. I subscribe to the department of redundancy department. Two is one, one is none and all that.
Agreed. Although I've never tossed an iron off a slide I follow the 2=1, 1=0 school of thought as well.

What about the ones that can't co-witness? :D

Overall I'm a big fan of my 43x MOS. The single stack design fits well in the hand, and conceals well in summer clothing. Reliability has been 100% right out of the box even with the cheapest of the cheap ammo, as has been with all my glocks. I find it to shoots very flat and with minimal recoil..m

20230127_203817.jpg

I own a 43x and 48 and have plenty of shield magazines. Imo the magazines are a game changer for these 2 pistols and saying that I have zero want to shoot my 19/26 anymore. Slim size, 15 rounds, hard to not like. I find both easy to shoot also, good buys in my book.

Last Edited:
Looking at getting a Glock 43X since the great state of Oregon my pass a high cap mag ban. And you would have to have 10rd mags only. I do have my beloved Gen 5 19i would keep it as a house gun. Would like to hear from other 43X folks how they like the 43X. I rented and shot I really liked it. Thanks in advance for an and all opinions and comments.
Best gun ever.

I have the 43x mos with sig optic and light. I do like it, but considering selling/trading for a 19. I have the shield mags. But, all my other pistols have the same mags, and an ar9 that takes glock mags, so it would be nice to have one magazine that will work in all of them.

So originally I was a huge fan of the P365X Macro. Well it has since been sold and I picked up a G43X MOS for when I need a smaller gun (formal attire specifically). I should have never left Glock for Sig…..

With a happy heart I can say I returned to Glock and no longer own a P320 or P365 variant.

IMG_2444.jpeg

So originally I was a huge fan of the P365X Macro. Well it has since been sold and I picked up a G43X MOS for when I need a smaller gun (formal attire specifically). I should have never left Glock for Sig…..

With a happy heart I can say I returned to Glock and no longer own a P320 or P365 variant.

View attachment 1412676
Yes I definitely want a 43X. Love my G19 Gen5.

I almost bought the G45. Ten I thought about the little longer grip when trying to conceal it. I'm a little on the bigger side. I need all the help I can get. LOL
That's fair. I carry the 19X or G45 daily and I love it.

If you already have a 19, your not gaining anything by getting the 43X...

if your really worried about the mag ban, dont they make permanent G19 10 rounders?
I don't agree with this, i think it's specifically up to the shooter and the need. For my wife (Small woman, small hands) the 19 is to "big" a gun for her to comfortably hold and shoot...but the G43X fits the bill for her! I also have a G43x and find it much easier and more comfortable to appendix carry (I am 6' ~195lb, dad bod!).

To each their own!

I don't agree with this, i think it's specifically up to the shooter and the need. For my wife (Small woman, small hands) the 19 is to "big" a gun for her to comfortably hold and shoot...but the G43X fits the bill for her! I also have a G43x and find it much easier and more comfortable to appendix carry (I am 6' ~195lb, dad bod!).

To each their own!
I'm 5'8" and bigger than you. But working on the weight loss.

I've never liked any Glock I've ever shot, but I really liked the g43x! Recoil isn't for a new shooter, but someone who is moderately experienced should have no issue. I found it returned onto target really well.

If/when I return to carrying a striker-fired pistol, it will be the one I carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top