JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_4949.JPG There are some pretty pistols out there, the Glock ain't one of them.

My 17s, 20s, and 21s will never be entered in a beauty contest, that is left for the pretty pistols.

I purchased my first Glock in 1985

Last Edited:
Here is my take on Glock.....its the only pistol I'll buy and carry the same day. My dealer has an indoor range. I buy, clean and lube, put a couple hundred rounds through it, and in the holster it goes.

I have recently shot IDPA matches with BNIB, never fired, bone stock Glock 22 and Glock 17. Not a single malfunction and I held my own just fine compared to the guys running more competition oriented guns.

I love these discussions, Especially as they always feel the need to bring up the 1911 and how "OLD" it is, how tired it is, how less effective, or un reliable it is! Seems to me, when ever this discussion comes up, folks HAVE to make them selves feel better by comparing the latest wizz bang uber cool tackitool to the Grand Daddy of all fighting hand guns, The grand ol 1911!!! The fact that the 1911 can, and is still compared, is proof enough that it is still a real fighting gun! Not sayin any thing bad about the Block,Glock, but..............

My G40 looks like a billy club, but man does it shoot, the first hand loads I made for it just punch a nice 15 round hole dead center in the target. Can't get much better than that. It's fun to let an inexperienced shooter shoot it because it's easy to shoot well, gives them confidence. All that being said when I was going to shoot a bowling pin match a couple weeks ago I shot my 1911. Not because it's prettier, but because it's the gun I've got the most time shooting. I've had the Glock for a couple months and been shooting 1911's for over 40 years. I'm happy with the Glock and it's not going anywhere, but it's beauty is in it's function not it's form.

I had a G22 once but I got rid of it because the bore was way out of spec. You could drop a whole Mini Mag cartridge down the barrel with plenty of room to spare all around it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews