JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why are you selling the barrel / comp?

And why did you toss out the mags?
I already have another comp.

And the mags gave me nothing but issues and malfunctions. I only carry OEM mags when it comes to carrying a gun.

I rarely carry my 43X. It's too small. I prefer a G45, G17 or G34 for daily carry.

I already have another comp.

And the mags gave me nothing but issues and malfunctions. I only carry OEM mags when it comes to carrying a gun.

I rarely carry my 43X. It's too small. I prefer a G45, G17 or G34 for daily carry.
I've heard the first gen had some heat treatment issues and the bottom could pop off.

You were using the metal mag release too I assume?

I'm hoping the next gen mags are more reliable, not happy with 10 rounds stock.

I've heard the first gen had some heat treatment issues and the bottom could pop off.

You were using the metal mag release too I assume?

I'm hoping the next gen mags are more reliable, not happy with 10 rounds stock.
Metal mag catch. Gen 2 mags. Nothing but issues.

Want more capacity….. carry a bigger gun.

I had Trijicon RMR on my PDP Compact, loved it, so I spent the extra for RMRcc + mounting plate by Forward Controls. It wasn't terrible, but I wasn't impressed with the RMRcc either. It's smaller than the full size RMR & I don't know if it's the grip angle of the gun or something like that, or the smaller size of the RMRcc, but it takes too long for me to find the red dot with my G43x + RMRcc.

To cowitness with the red dot, I bought these ridiculously tall iron sights also by Forward Controls. I am happy with those.

Also added TLR-6, but I have the laser turned off. I just wanted the light.

Holster was a ***** to find for this setup. Mostly due to the super tall front iron sight. I found holster by Werkz, which I see someone from this thread also use. Couldn't recommend this company enough. Expensive, but received great support after I cracked my first one(it was caused by me wearing the holster empty w/o the gun in it).

Finally, I also ran into an issue with the Shield Arms magazine. I decided to go with the Glock 43x, because Glock 19(Gen 4) & 17(Gen 3) I've owned, they both ran flawlessly. First day I tried the Shield S15, it experienced a failure(I think it was failure to feed). With the factory 10rd mag, 43x has been perfect like the 19 & 17 I've owned. From this personal experience I'm never going to conceal carry with S15 mag in the gun. Just sharing my experience.

# glock 43x.JPG

I had Trijicon RMR on my PDP Compact, loved it, so I spent the extra for RMRcc + mounting plate by Forward Controls. It wasn't terrible, but I wasn't impressed with the RMRcc either. It's smaller than the full size RMR & I don't know if it's the grip angle of the gun or something like that, or the smaller size of the RMRcc, but it takes too long for me to find the red dot with my G43x + RMRcc.

To cowitness with the red dot, I bought these ridiculously tall iron sights also by Forward Controls. I am happy with those.

Also added TLR-6, but I have the laser turned off. I just wanted the light.

Holster was a ***** to find for this setup. Mostly due to the super tall front iron sight. I found holster by Werkz, which I see someone from this thread also use. Couldn't recommend this company enough. Expensive, but received great support after I cracked my first one(it was caused by me wearing the holster empty w/o the gun in it).

Finally, I also ran into an issue with the Shield Arms magazine. I decided to go with the Glock 43x, because Glock 19(Gen 4) & 17(Gen 3) I've owned, they both ran flawlessly. First day I tried the Shield S15, it experienced a failure(I think it was failure to feed). With the factory 10rd mag, 43x has been perfect like the 19 & 17 I've owned. From this personal experience I'm never going to conceal carry with S15 mag in the gun. Just sharing my experience.

View attachment 1440853
Great info / insight, thank you!

Too bad to hear folks are having issues with the Shield mags. We have two 43x's and both have the Shield mag catch, and a number of mags for each. We (my wife and I) have had zero issues with these mags; feeding, last round hold open, etc.....literally perfect after over ~1K rounds each, over time. But, that's why I run the heck out of the gun, any gun I'm going to carry, actually. Pleased so far.....

Too bad to hear folks are having issues with the Shield mags. We have two 43x's and both have the Shield mag catch, and a number of mags for each. We (my wife and I) have had zero issues with these mags; feeding, last round hold open, etc.....literally perfect after over ~1K rounds each, over time. But, that's why I run the heck out of the gun, any gun I'm going to carry, actually. Pleased so far.....
Do you know what gen the mags are by chance? Are they the standard 15 or extended mags? The issues I had heard about were from gen 1 extended mags specifically.

I imagine they'd have improved the product by now as I think they're on gen 2 or 3. From my understanding they've switched manufacturers too.

Same here, gen2 no issues so far!
The no mag issues from you guys are good to hear, I was planning to carry a spare mag, what are the chances two would fail in an emergency 😂🤣

Maybe I'll add an "ohh no, ohh 💩" 3rd OEM 10 round mag shoved up somewhere just in case, in case. I am kinda a living, breathing Murphy's Law at times.

Been running/rotating 5x Gen 1 magazines for the last few years in competition (~2000+ rounds) with no issues either. That includes dropping them in dirty dusty rock quarry range bays.

Hold on to your 10 round OEMs though in case Oregon ends up passing/enforcing the magazine round limit.

That looks super mean!

Is that a barrel comp? Are those worth it? I've tested the 43X several times and I didn't notice that much flip. Will that fit into a 48's holster with the added length of the comp?

What texture is that on the grip?
I think the comp makes a difference, I put it together for my wife. The grip is a talon stick on. They hold up pretty well. I have a custom holster maker in Dallas so I don't worry about holsters much.

The no mag issues from you guys are good to hear, I was planning to carry a spare mag, what are the chances two would fail in an emergency 😂🤣

Maybe I'll add an "ohh no, ohh 💩" 3rd OEM 10 round mag shoved up somewhere just in case, in case. I am kinda a living, breathing Murphy's Law at times.
Everyone should carry atleast (1) spare mag. That's just my opinion. Check out NEOMag. It allows you to carry a mag just like you would a pocket knife or flashlight. Whether you go OEM or shield.

As far as the shield mags go I have buddies who have them and love them. I was just stating my own personal experiences.

Compensators make a difference in recoil. But won't make you a better shot. Fundamentals have to be instilled first.
IMG_2810.jpeg IMG_2811.jpeg

Been running/rotating 5x Gen 1 magazines for the last few years in competition (~2000+ rounds) with no issues either. That includes dropping them in dirty dusty rock quarry range bays.

Hold on to your 10 round OEMs though in case Oregon ends up passing/enforcing the magazine round limit.
Yes, I like to keep everything just for resale purposes later.

I've been looking into my city and county's Law Enforcement Search and Seizure policies and from my understanding they're not supposed to ask specifics about the mag or if there's a round chambered as that gets close to Search and Seizure questions. Of course, with the current political climate, I suppose anything can happen.

Better "safe" than constitutionally correct felon.

Everyone should carry atleast (1) spare mag. That's just my opinion. Check out NEOMag. It allows you to carry a mag just like you would a pocket knife or flashlight. Whether you go OEM or shield.

As far as the shield mags go I have buddies who have them and love them. I was just stating my own personal experiences.

Compensators make a difference in recoil. But won't make you a better shot. Fundamentals have to be instilled first.
View attachment 1440960 View attachment 1440961
Those look useful, are those clips magnetic? Pull out / away and load?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top