JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about getting a Glock 43X MOS for my EDCC.

I know about the Shield mags & release and plan to purchase those.

What toys would you recommend for top and bottom?

For RDS I'm hoping for RMSc footprint for the best fit, with top or side battery replacement.

For the rail I'm hoping for flashlight / laser combo, preferably green.

What are your recommendations / experiences?

Thx in advance 🍻

To each their own.....the 43x's here have the Sheild mag release and mags....and are stock as a box of rocks, other than that. Sure, the sights could be improved. But, my goal is to run as much ammo through it as I can, and improve my ability with the gun as it is. Improvements will come when I feel like it's the gun holding me back, not the other way around.

One man's opinion......

To each their own.....the 43x's here have the Sheild mag release and mags....and are stock as a box of rocks, other than that. Sure, the sights could be improved. But, my goal is to run as much ammo through it as I can, and improve my ability with the gun as it is. Improvements will come when I feel like it's the gun holding me back, not the other way around.

One man's opinion......
Thx for your option.
To be clear, you don't have any accessory recommendations for this platform, specifically designed by the manufacturer to be accessorized?

EPS Carry of your choosing for an optic (uses the rmsc/k footprint(

If you don't already have one, I'd suggest a non WML for illumination before getting one that sits exclusively on a pistol. Once that's covered, the TLR7 is your best bang for the buck.

EPS Carry of your choosing for an optic (uses the rmsc/k footprint(

If you don't already have one, I'd suggest a non WML for illumination before getting one that sits exclusively on a pistol. Once that's covered, the TLR7 is your best bang for the buck.
Thx, Holosun seems to be a really good contender, it looks like it has co-witnessing / backup irons capability, have you had any experience with those working well?

And I am guessing you are suggesting an off weapon light in the other hand, before acquiring the TLR7? Why that suggestion out of curiosity?

It increases barrel length so can be a minor deficit for concealed carry..but I am a big fan of adding a compensator. Parker Mtn Machine or Griffin Armament if you want something a little smaller make great compensators. Try one. You'll appreciate the reduced recoil and improved accuracy of your shots. Especially follow up shots. Of course you will also have to get a threaded barrel now, too.

It increases barrel length so can be a minor deficit for concealed carry..but I am a big fan of adding a compensator. Parker Mtn Machine or Griffin Armament if you want something a little smaller make great compensators. Try one. You'll appreciate the reduced recoil and improved accuracy of your shots. Especially follow up shots. Of course you will also have to get a threaded barrel now, too.
Thx for the recommendation. I have a flashlight / laser combo for my stay at home platform that does not increase the barrel length, that's why I was wondering. I found the Crimson Trace CTC CMR-204 that seems to be a better version of what I already own and was considering that, but am not sure if it's compatible with the 43X's rail as Glock's website makes it sound proprietary which usually translates to pain in the 🍑.

I have used lasers and not used them. I think they help get you on target and there is a certain intimidation factor when putting a laser on a target. The knock on them is that in a high anxiety moment they can "bounce." This is cause, well, you are bouncing or potentially bouncing in a high anxiety moment. Some police departments tried them and then stopped using them due to this happening. I prefer a red dot since it doesn't "bounce" the same way a laser can. Sighting the red dot forces you to slow down and get on target, is perhaps a better way to illustrate it.

Back to the topic though, take look at adding a compensator.

I have used lasers and not used them. I think they help get you on target and there is a certain intimidation factor when putting a laser on a target. The knock on them is that in a high anxiety moment they can "bounce." This is cause, well, you are bouncing or potentially bouncing in a high anxiety moment. Some police departments tried them and then stopped using them due to this happening. I prefer a red dot since it doesn't "bounce" the same way a laser can. Sighting the red dot forces you to slow down and get on target, is perhaps a better way to illustrate it.

Back to the topic though, take look at adding a compensator.
I would be installing a RDS, using the FL / L MUCH less, mostly for an emergency I'd never have.

Will look into a compensator, does that require barrel threading? Or ATF BS-ery?

I have Shield mags and released installed, holosun 407k for the quality and price, streamlight x300 TLR-7 sub for the same reason, added a extended Ghost slide release and installed a Zaffiri Precision threaded barrel I got from the forum on a trade. So far happy with Glocky Jr, for the extra frame, I have on the way a Palmetto Micro Dagger slide that will try and have plans to try Magpul and Palmetto magazines if I can get any around ( not in a hurry)

IMG_4748.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have Shield mags and released installed, holosun 407k for the quality and price, streamlight x300 sub for the same reason, added a extended Ghost slide release and installed a Zaffiri Precision threaded barrel I got from the forum on a trade. So far happy with Glocky Jr, for the extra frame, I have on the way a Palmetto Micro Dagger slide that will try and have plans to try Magpul and Palmetto magazines if I can get any around ( not in a hurry)

View attachment 1440769
Awesome set up, thanks for sharing, taking notes.

I got a comp and barrel I'm selling. Haha. They make a 43X a dream to shoot.

I threw my shield mags in the trash.

IMG_2444.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have Shield mags and released installed, holosun 407k for the quality and price, streamlight x300 sub for the same reason, added a extended Ghost slide release and installed a Zaffiri Precision threaded barrel I got from the forum on a trade. So far happy with Glocky Jr, for the extra frame, I have on the way a Palmetto Micro Dagger slide that will try and have plans to try Magpul and Palmetto magazines if I can get any around ( not in a hurry)

View attachment 1440769
Streamlight x300 sub? Never heard of that weapon light before…..

Surefire X300
Streamlight TLR7 sub

Did they have a baby I was unaware of?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA