JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I would not put a light on my CCW. It bulks the gun up, reducing concealability and its something extra to snag your gun with when you're drawing/reholstering. YMMV
Not from my experience. But like everything else we all have different experiences and preferences when it comes to conceal carry.

Plenty of gunsmiths doing optics cuts to set your existing 43x up for optic of your choice. I feel this is the better route anyways as it mounts the optics as low as possible by not having to use an adapter plate like the MOS system. It also allows for milling the slide to the exact tolerances of the optic so not all the stress from recoil is transferred into two small screws like in an optic plate system.

I got the single stack Glock 43 thats custom build. I really lt. I actually can hit an 8" gong at 100yards with it!!!

There is a special light for it, i think made by streamlight. Maybe look at a mag extension that adds a round or two.

1616021253933.png

Tlr6

Congrats on scheduling your CHL appointment and welcome to the Glock club!
Meant to also ask if you think this will work well for concealed carry, and any recommendations for a holster?
A strategy I tried when I couldn't find a rigid holster for my previous EDC firearm and light (Kahr P9 & TLR6) was to get two holsters: One kydex firearm-only holster, and a second EDC nylon holster the weapon & light combo.

The nylon holster is a Desantis Inner Piece (like a side-car holster but nylon). It's super comfortable, covers the trigger guard well, does not print much in AIWB, and has a second magazine pouch (8-rd single-stack, 7+1 in the P9). However, since the nylon opening isn't rigid, I only draw from appendix with it, and never re-holster on-the-body only off body with nylon. Hence the kydex holster for range practice. The nylon setup required some sewing machine time (and spousal assistance) but it is customize the fit with a light. See the pics, this might work for your situation if your carry mounted light isn't too wide.

Get comfortable with your firearm and then find something that is comfortable to wear - so you do carry. Good luck on the CHL process!

edc1.JPG edc2.JPG

I would keep the 43x as is. You don't need a fancy red dot or a laser or light for that matter. Maybe with that money from Biden get a bedside gun and Keep a light on that one! Then again if you have shotguns you should be fine! I have a few light attachments but I don't really use them like others have stated gives away your position. You just a good pair of night sights. I doubt you'll get in a gunfight where the light will aid that much. When I say that I'm talking about your average civilian situation I'm sure War is a complete difference situation. I just think if they are within a distance of you being able to visibly see them then night sights should be adequate. Whatever makes you comfortable just don't feel like you are required to or your firearm is any less capable because you don't have a light on it.

I would keep the 43x as is. You don't need a fancy red dot or a laser or light for that matter. Maybe with that money from Biden get a bedside gun and Keep a light on that one! Then again if you have shotguns you should be fine! I have a few light attachments but I don't really use them like others have stated gives away your position. You just a good pair of night sights. I doubt you'll get in a gunfight where the light will aid that much. When I say that I'm talking about your average civilian situation I'm sure War is a complete difference situation. I just think if they are within a distance of you being able to visibly see them then night sights should be adequate. Whatever makes you comfortable just don't feel like you are required to or your firearm is any less capable because you don't have a light on it.

I didn't get any money from Biden, and if I did I'd donate it to someone who needs it.

Regarding the light, I think after listening to and learning from the replies that I would mainly want the light for home defense and not for CC (although it'll be a PITA to take the light on or off each day).

I really like that it has a light on it though. It's just high on the cool factor for me, for now anyway :)

Meant to also ask if you think this will work well for concealed carry, and any recommendations for a holster?
Hit up Ping Pong Tactical in Vancouver. He makes some great holsters and will happily make a custom for you. I've bought numerous one off holsters from him and have nothing but great things to say about the product and experience.

Couple caveat... I shot through a box of 9mm ammo earlier this week at the range (Douglas Ridge) and the light kept popping off the rail. To mitigate this, I added a piece of slightly padded double-sided sticky tape in between the light and the rail, to add some friction and keep it in place. I'll let you know how that turns out once I get back out to the range this week or next.

I also haven't shot it yet with the pistol grip glued on, so I'm curious how that'll feel and if it'll help with accuracy or recoil, etc.

Are you just tightening it by hand? I'd use a quarter to tighten down the light. If you are still having issues, return it and buy something like a surefire or streamlight. You could always loctite it on there but if you're having this many issues already with it, do you really want to depend on it in a potential life or death situation?

I have a 43 with the same tactical rail added and using the Olight Mini 2 Valkyrie. Olight has their detractors but it's small, bright enough in a dark room for target identification.
You might look at this website for holsters as they seem to be one of the few that offers a custom holster for this setup.

5323F5CD-FA9E-4B86-9AA7-64CAC5FAED4B.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads