JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock is no longer doing anything interesting. Just changing a frame length/slide length does not a "new" model make

Already a thread on this. Glock 43X 10 round single stack?

Wow, a single stack G19.....yawn

You're thinking of the 48.

Glock is no longer doing anything interesting. Just changing a frame length/slide length does not a "new" model make

They've been doing it since the 80's with the first Gen 1 17L. When you have an action so close to functionally perfect, what more can you do? Are you expecting glock to start making revolvers? Side-by-side shotguns?

Last Edited:
I may not know Glocks, but aren't the dimensions the only difference between Glock models anyhow?

I'm curious about this one, but having never even shot a Glock, I'm not married to the idea (might show up for a date tho).

I'd love a Glock revolver. It'd have 9 rounds in the same space others fit 5 but it'd weigh half as much (this is a joke)

When you have an action so close to functionally perfect, what more can you do? Are you expecting Glock to start making revolvers? Side-by-side shotguns?

They could make a real man's gun. ;)

glock_1911-tfb.jpg

You're thinking of the 48
One just had a longer slide but the handle is the same length. Who cares about slide length. Handle length is what's important when trying to conceal and a single stack with that long of handle is dumb. Might as well go double stack and have 50% more ammo capacity. Glock fans will get excited about the dumbest bubblegum though so, whatever.

One just had a longer slide but the handle is the same length. Who cares about slide length. Handle length is what's important when trying to conceal and a single stack with that long of handle is dumb. Might as well go double stack and have 50% more ammo capacity. Glock fans will get excited about the dumbest bubblegum though so, whatever.

Why do people have such a visceral reaction to people who like one thing or another? If you don't like Glock, don't buy one!

Why do people have such a visceral reaction to people who like one thing or another? If you don't like Glock, don't buy one!
Dont mean to sound sh*try about it. It's just funny when people mention the size of the 43x and glock fans are like no your thinking of the 48. Like the 43x is is more compact. The handle length of the 43x and 48 are the exact same. One just has a little longer slide. It's like sig makes super compact 365 that holds a whopping 10rnd mag yet is smaller than most single stacks that only hold 6 or 7 so glock makes a 10rd single stack and glock fans go nuts yet it's the size of a full size gun...? Just dont understand the excitement for a huge single stack. Glock fans are really going to go nuts if glock ever figures out it's more ergonomic to grip something with a curve.

Dont mean to sound sh*try about it. It's just funny when people mention the size of the 43x and glock fans are like no your thinking of the 48. Like the 43x is is more compact. The handle length of the 43x and 48 are the exact same. One just has a little longer slide. It's like sig makes super compact 365 that holds a whopping 10rnd mag yet is smaller than most single stacks that only hold 6 or 7 so glock makes a 10rd single stack and glock fans go nuts yet it's the size of a full size gun...? Just dont understand the excitement for a huge single stack. Glock fans are really going to go nuts if glock ever figures out it's more ergonomic to grip something with a curve.
I believe allot of Glock people are excited because the 43 stock was a little hard to hold on to in my opion. So with the 43x having a larger grip it means people who need it have the option of more grip with the same size slide. Also haveing the 48 gives you the option to give you a longer slide with a grip you can be more a coustom to. The p365 is a great gun definitely ahead of it's time but there's still a lot of kinks to wear out at the moment I'm not a Glock fanboy and I've owned Sig's and believe most all of it comes down to preference!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top