JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At an outdoor range an AR is quite easy to use. Even have some of those in .22 for them to get their feet wet with first. They may try it and find they have fun which is a great thing.

No mom I love you I want to give you a Christmas gift a gun is that ok. We both can the only thing might be the price in and available to own is we both should be safe

I want to get a flashlight on my handgun, but I think my family members have a problem with it. Not being able to use it, they can get good with training but having it on there. The see it "as a big bad gun". I see it as an other tool. I also don't want to make things difficult for us. However I did have a small victory I got them to come to class with me. They agreed if I can convince them on this if I keep taking to them maybe I can convince them more to come over to our side. However if I make the wrong move things could become difficult. Also they said Christmas is coming up maybe a safe can be a good gift.

The toughest thing is I value my family's trust more than anything except maybe the second a

Tell them that if you have a flashlight on your gun you'll be able to find it in the dark, thus making it safer.

:D;)

Strange thread. They (whoever that is) doesn't want a light. Fine, get one that has an under rail. Get a light once they get used to the pistol. Just bc you want one or think they should, its more important they be comfortable with it. The effectiveness of having a light on a home defense gun can only be shown late at night with all the lights turned off.

This one has a light and a green laser, plus has an easy mounting system.

Last Edited:
Weapon mounted lights work OFF the gun as well as on it.

Get it, train with it. Put it on the weapon when you're comfortable with it.

Who in the household is going to be using the gun? Who's the adult and decision maker? Who is responsible for pulling the trigger when the bad doobie comes barging through the door?

I want to get a flashlight on my handgun, but I think my family members have a problem with it. Not being able to use it, they can get good with training but having it on there. The see it "as a big bad gun". I see it as an other tool. I also don't want to make things difficult for us. However I did have a small victory I got them to come to class with me. They agreed if I can convince them on this if I keep taking to them maybe I can convince them more to come over to our side. However if I make the wrong move things could become difficult. Also they said Christmas is coming up maybe a safe can be a good gift.

The toughest thing is I value my family's trust more than anything except maybe the second a
Sounds like you really need to slow down with your thinking, to me.

I believe you previously posted you ONLY have a shotgun, are interested in other options & plan on taking a class.

Hopefully you take several.

Giving you exposure to various firearms & platforms you THINK you have interests in.

As towards family & family dynamics, your darned tooting such matters. Is it your & your wife's (partner/significant others) house, or is it your parents, or your children's house?

Depending upon your dynamic, firearms in the house may not be best.

Responsible firearms ownership goes far beyond just running out & buying what you THINK you want.

Sounds like you really need to slow down with your thinking, to me.

I believe you previously posted you ONLY have a shotgun, are interested in other options & plan on taking a class.

Hopefully you take several.

Giving you exposure to various firearms & platforms you THINK you have interests in.

As towards family & family dynamics, your darned tooting such matters. Is it your & your wife's (partner/significant others) house, or is it your parents, or your children's house?

Depending upon your dynamic, firearms in the house may not be best.

Responsible firearms ownership goes far beyond just running out & buying what you THINK you want.

My family was willing to keep talking about it for two years. I told them that why don't you com to class with me. We can learn the basics and have fun.

My family and me are very close. I'm their biggest cheerleader, and their my biggest cheerleader. They also did not quickly change the subject when I brought it up. They just listed to me, and me them. One point they brought up was interesting, why don't you get a headlight like for camping. I have a fair amount of flashlight. I do keep a flashlight in every room in case of a power outage

My family was willing to keep talking about it for two years. I told them that why don't you com to class with me. We can learn the basics and have fun.

My family and me are very close. I'm their biggest cheerleader, and their my biggest cheerleader. They also did not quickly change the subject when I brought it up. They just listened to me, and me them. One point they brought up was interesting, why don't you get a headlight like for camping. I have a fair amount of flashlight. I do keep a flashlight in every room in case of a power outage

If I were gone , and my wife was unwilling to use my pistol with my weaponlight attached
I'd tell her don't touch my dang pistol then

Have fun strapping a head lamp on while a few crackheads are trying to break in to steal Santa's presents. The pistol comes with a weaponlight for a reason , when bad things happen and I need to ID someone , I'd rather my pistol have the light and have one hand for a phone one hand on my gun . Strange world we are living in .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top