JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never tried that. I wouldn't go that route. If I am carrying a 19 holster I'm not going to limit myself to a 26. I'll carry a 19x or 45.

I hate the 26 simply on a handling level. I've tried twice to like it and sold it both times. I don't see a point in carrying a 26 over a 43X. But that's just me. I carry a full frame gun year round and only down size if I am in formal clothing. I don't see any use of the 26.
To utilize G19 and/or G17 for spare mags, same, same.

"Pearce grip +0 extension and a GeePlate"

Have you had experience with either of both of these? Do you have a preference and if so, why?
I have both, I'll try to post photos later. The +0 fell better in the hand, more like a G19/17. The GeePlate is more concealable, but size hand will determine whether they work for you or just be an obnoxious projection poking into your pinky finger.

You are welcome to try mine if you're will to make the drive to Oregon City or wait until I make a trip down to Salem (sometime in the next 2 or 3, maybe 4 weeks)

I have both, I'll try to post photos later. The +0 fell better in the hand, more like a G19/17. The GeePlate is more concealable, but size hand will determine whether they work for you or just be an obnoxious projection poking into your pinky finger.

You are welcome to try mine if you're will to make the drive to Oregon City or wait until I make a trip down to Salem (sometime in the next 2 or 3, maybe 4 weeks)
I appreciate that offer, I am planning to drive up to SafeFire in Camas WA to do some more platform testing within that time window. May I message you in advance to work something out closer to then?

I would also appreciate the pictures, when you are able, of course, thanks!

I appreciate that offer, I am planning to drive up to SafeFire in Camas WA to do some more platform testing within that time window. May I message you in advance to work something out closer to then?
Yeah that is fine. After 5 M-Th or after noon on Friday, most any time on the weekend

I'll do it later today after work.

Great info / insight, thank you!
No problem. Lot of members with experience with this gun, it's great to see. Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but I didn't know about different gen Shield Arms magazines, so I checked the packaging of the second one I still hadn't opened(bought two) & it says Gen 2. Not hating on the company or anything like that, just sharing info.

I also second(or third) about carrying Glock 19. Mine's Gen 4, just iron sights, but I carry it from time to time. Both G19 & G43x print little bit for me, but both of them are my go-to concealed carry guns.

IMG_1075.JPG

Man I need to get a G34 again. My current carry gun is very similar to your 17 in the middle. But instead of the dual port comp I have a single port and no optic.

Great looking set ups.
Obviously not a Glock guy anymore, but had two G34's at different times back in the day and It's my all time favorite Glock, followed by the G48. Not a fan of any gun where I can't get a full 3 fingers on the frame.

I have the g43x mos, the 48 mos, a 19mos, a 45mos..... a few otherw too, your more than welcome to come shoot them at my home range. Salem is about 40 min away from me
That's a very nice offer, I may take you up on that, that's several platforms that I'm interested in, or interested in trying. I could bring my own range ammo to make sure to not run through yours if that would help.

Obviously not a Glock guy anymore, but had two G34's at different times back in the day and It's my all time favorite Glock, followed by the G48. Not a fan of any gun where I can't get a full 3 fingers on the frame.
Same. If I can't get a full purchase on the grip I don't carry it. Or own it in all honesty…..

Here is picture a G26 with a Pearce grip +0 extension on top of a G19, note how much higher the back of the G26 grip is vs the G19. This is the area of butt that is most difficult to conceal on larger guns.
G26-1.jpg

Here is front strap comparison of a G19 vs G26 with a Pearce grip +0 extension, note the +0 extends further down than the G19 making feel more like a G17 on the front of the grip.
G26-3.jpg

Here is picture a G26 with a GeePlate on top of a G19, note how much shorter the grip is compared the G19 and the +0 above.
G26-2.jpg

Here is front strap comparison of a G19 vs G26 with a GeePlate, again note how much shorter the grip is compared the G19 and the +0.
G26-4.jpg

I also have some 12 round mags with is just a standard mag with a Glock +2 extension, but do not have any with me. As far as which one I like best, it depends on what I'm doing with it. For pocket or ankle carry I'll take the GeePlate, if I'm in an area that prohibits mags over ten rounds I'd rather have a G26 the +0 extension over a G19 with a ten round mag. If I had to choose one it would the +0 and use the OEM plates for the low profile option.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR