JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Glock 43x a few months ago along with a Colt AR-15. These were my first two guns and since then I've also purchased 2 shotguns and a Sako S20 30-06 that I dearly love.

Back to the Glock though... since it was my first gun, I really didn't know what to look for. I liked the size of it as it seemed ideal for concealed carry, which I plan to do once I finally get my time with the Clackamas sheriff (currently scheduled for early October as that was their first available opening). But it doesn't have any rails on it, so I can't attach a red dot site to the slide or a flashlight, etc.

Well it turns out I was able to upgrade my Glock after all, with some aftermarket goodies I found on Amazon. Figured I'd share it here in hopes it gives other members some ideas along the way :)

Here are the goodies, and there's a pic at the end that shows the end result, which I'm very pleased with:

1. Picatinny Rail that attaches to the trigger guard - $27.39

picatinny-rail.png

2. Rail mount flashlight - $43.99

gun-flashlight.png

3. Pistol Grip - $19.99

4. Magazine Extensions - $20

Combining them all together...

all-together.jpg

Couple caveat... I shot through a box of 9mm ammo earlier this week at the range (Douglas Ridge) and the light kept popping off the rail. To mitigate this, I added a piece of slightly padded double-sided sticky tape in between the light and the rail, to add some friction and keep it in place. I'll let you know how that turns out once I get back out to the range this week or next.

I also haven't shot it yet with the pistol grip glued on, so I'm curious how that'll feel and if it'll help with accuracy or recoil, etc.

Lastly... I welcome any comments about this setup, along with pics of your own, or recommendations for what I could have done differently/better.

Cheers!

It is difficult finding holsters for uncommon combinations of pistols and lights. Glock 19 with surefire X300, easy. 43 with Recover adapter and off brand light, not so much.

What @Kruel J said. Just get used to shooting. Fundamentals. Drawing from a holster. If anything upgrade your iron sights. Don't get to concerned with all the tactical nonsense.

I would also stay away from unknown/knock off brands from Amazon if it's a gun that I am depending on to save my life. The true and tested gear has a hefty price tag but is well worth it in the end. Everyone here has been a new shooter and learned the hard and expensive way. Just wait until you start buying CCW holsters. I hope you have an empty drawer or tote available in your house, because it will fill up fast.

Dry fire training, after double checking that your gun is empty, is very valuable. Consider a Mantis X .

I bought a Glock 17 bb gun and set up a target "range" in my garage, marked off at 5, 10, 15, and 20 ft distances. I plunk away at that thing daily... erm, hourly for the most part :)

It's greatly helped my accuracy at the real range with the real gun.

Why would you need a light in the daylight?
I carry with a light on my handgun. I leave for work in the dark and the gun gets put on the night stand when I go to sleep. I can't predict when an altercation is going to take place.

Personally, I would not put a light on my CCW. It bulks the gun up, reducing concealability and its something extra to snag your gun with when you're drawing/reholstering. YMMV

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top