JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the comp makes a difference, I put it together for my wife. The grip is a talon stick on. They hold up pretty well. I have a custom holster maker in Dallas so I don't worry about holsters much.
I'll have to look into those grips, that texture looks very non slip, which I like. Are you comfortable providing the custom holster maker either here or DM, I would be very interested as that's an issue I've run into a lot. It can be challenging to find quality holsters that'll hold specific combinations correctly.

I'll have to look into those grips, that texture looks very non slip, which I like. Are you comfortable providing the custom holster maker either here or DM, I would be very interested as that's an issue I've run into a lot. It can be challenging to find quality holsters that'll hold specific combinations correctly.
If you stick with a name brand light you will have no issue with holsters. And a comp will more than likely make it the length of a G48.

I run my 43X with the comp in a Tenicor appendix rig. If you find a holster with an open bottom then the length won't matter.

Last Edited:
Survival sheath system in Dallas or. Robert is the owners name. He does great custom work

If you stick with a name brand light you will have no issue with holsters. And a comp will more than likely make it the length of a G48.

I run my 43X with the comp in a Tenicor appendix rig. If you find a holster with an open bottom then the length won't matter.
Should use the longer G48 holster anyway a G43X to help prevent rollover in the AIWB position. Anytime I carry my G26 AIWB it is in a G19 holster.

Should use the longer G48 holster anyway a G43X to help prevent rollover in the AIWB position. Anytime I carry my G26 AIWB it is in a G19 holster.
Very true. That's one main reason I think full size guns are easier to carry and don't print as much.

Funny you mention the G26, I've been looking hard into the gen 5 MOS of that too. I'd want to add a pinky mag extension at the very least, but I noticed I was more accurate with it in testing than the 43X, and I do kinda like the fattier feel. The 43X seems a little excessively long in the grip if you're not planning to use a Shield mag to increase the capacity, imo.

Funny you mention the G26, I've been looking hard into the gen 5 MOS of that too. I'd want to add a pinky mag extension at the very least, but I noticed I was more accurate with it in testing than the 43X, and I do kinda like the fattier feel. The 43X seems a little excessively long in the grip if you're not planning to use a Shield mag to increase the capacity, imo.
If your putting an extension on why not just commit and carry a Glock 19?

I don't have an answer to be honest, I haven't tested the 19, it's not been on my RADAR as an option. I'll add that to my next range testing. I have a full size and I can't conceal it to my satisfaction, so I'm trying to figure out what the smallest platform I'm effective with is, and one I'll actually be happy with to carry daily.

I don't have an answer to be honest, I haven't tested the 19, it's not been on my RADAR as an option. I'll add that to my next range testing. I have a full size and I can't conceal it to my satisfaction, so I'm trying to figure out what the smallest platform I'm effective with is, and one I'll actually be happy with to carry daily.
Try the G19. You may be surprised. It's a way better option than the 26 or the 43X and concealing it is very easy.

A Pearce grip +0 extension and a GeePlate are both smaller in profile than a G19 or even a G26 with G19 mag, in particular the rear portion where it makes a difference for concealment.

Try the G19. You may be surprised. It's a way better option than the 26 or the 43X and concealing it is very easy.

I agree, but the G26 is more concealable, which is why I have both.

A Pearce grip +0 extension and a GeePlate are both smaller in profile than a G19 or even a G26 with G19 mag, in particular the rear portion where it makes a difference for concealment.

Funny how bodies are different. I print more with a 26 than I do with a 19.

Better yet. A G26 with a PMMC Micro...

20221029_194839.jpg

With a G19 holster?
Never tried that. I wouldn't go that route. If I am carrying a 19 holster I'm not going to limit myself to a 26. I'll carry a 19x or 45.

I hate the 26 simply on a handling level. I've tried twice to like it and sold it both times. I don't see a point in carrying a 26 over a 43X. But that's just me. I carry a full frame gun year round and only down size if I am in formal clothing. I don't see any use of the 26.

"Pearce grip +0 extension and a GeePlate"

Have you had experience with either of both of these? Do you have a preference and if so, why?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews