JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Big thumbs-up for Loadbooks - I have one for each of the calibres I load and they are priceless sources of information. I just keep them all in my drag bag so I can haul them out on the range if needed.

tac

Do you reload at the range?

Sometimes I use the Lee hand unit for my 45-70 Govt - just for decapping though, since I only have one rifle in this calibre the cases are fire-formed and the 500gr bullet it a [hard] push fit.

Sides, there are lots of folks there shoot the same calibres as I do - .308Win, 6.5x55SE, 7x57 Mauser and 7.5x55 Swiss.

tac

I use my 550's like a single stage fairly often when I'm loading something new or trying to figure out a certain load. I use the Rock Chucker quite a bit also and I can't see where either one makes better ammunition than the other. If you are on a budget start with the Rockchucker, you'll have it forever. If you plan to be doing volume think hard on the 550, both are lifetime tools.

Right. I bought my Rockchucker as a Combo at Wiesbaden R&GC back in '78, and have been using it ever since.

...and two Lees and a Dillon. One lee is permanently set up for .357Mag - I shoot a good deal of that, but the Rockchucker, a single-stage press does most duty, followed by the Dillon.

tac

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads