JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$100 brick sadly is about the norm for those now, I remember when they were $50.
$30 a brick wasn't all that long ago. In the 1990's, I remember paying $12.50 a brick for them at the gun show. Those days aren't coming back in either case.

In the $12.50 days, when I dropped a primer on the floor, I usually wouldn't pick it up. Thinking, "It's only a penny."

Primers that cost ten cents apiece are a main reason people think twice about reloading 9mm ammo. I only do it because I have stuff that I bought some time ago when prices were lots lower.

$30 a brick wasn't all that long ago. In the 1990's, I remember paying $12.50 a brick for them at the gun show. Those days aren't coming back in either case.

In the $12.50 days, when I dropped a primer on the floor, I usually wouldn't pick it up. Thinking, "It's only a penny."

Primers that cost ten cents apiece are a main reason people think twice about reloading 9mm ammo. I only do it because I have stuff that I bought some time ago when prices were lots lower.
For me it seems the bullets are the biggest holdup and cost as those are getting hard to find in fmj.

For me it seems the bullets are the biggest holdup and cost as those are getting hard to find in fmj.
Yes, I've noticed that. I've got lots of 9mm bullets that I've bought in the past when they cost a lot less, and not a few were blems from Midway that were further discounted. Lots of Hdy. XTP and HAP. But few FMJ other than a few boxes of 147 gr. that I don't often shoot. So lately, I was looking at Midway again, they only had some Sierra blems @ 20 cents each, and some boxed Speer @ 16 cents each, that was it at the time. Just now I looked again, and it shows that Hdy. 115 gr. @ .19 each; Sierra 125 gr. @ .27 each. Oh, and the usual Berrys plated @ .07 each. Plus shipping.

I used to like Speer bullets, but somewhere over the years, just about everything they make became a plated bullet. Looks better than say, Berrys, but not all that much. Cost a little less than "real" jacketed bullets but not enough less.

Rocky Mountain Reloading makes their own 9mm bullets, I haven't tried that product yet. Theirs are "real" jacketed bullets, the 115 and 124 gr. cost about a dime per and that includes shipping.

Cheap, factory 9mm ammo online is about a quarter apiece. The reloading math: 10 cents for bullet, 10 cents for primer, one cent for powder, that's 21 cents. With you providing the brass and the labor. So reloading it doesn't make a lot of sense unless you are already doing it with old stock components. Somebody might be able to shave a cent or two off these component prices. And if someone comes along and tells me they are getting it for .20 each, they are just making my case stronger.

What might make sense is, if for whatever reason, cheap factory 9mm could not longer be bought. Online sales tend to be cheaper due to lower overhead of the seller, but there may or may not be "free" shipping. If interstate ammo sales were to be banned, this sales advantage would go away.

Yes, I've noticed that. I've got lots of 9mm bullets that I've bought in the past when they cost a lot less, and not a few were blems from Midway that were further discounted. Lots of Hdy. XTP and HAP. But few FMJ other than a few boxes of 147 gr. that I don't often shoot. So lately, I was looking at Midway again, they only had some Sierra blems @ 20 cents each, and some boxed Speer @ 16 cents each, that was it at the time. Just now I looked again, and it shows that Hdy. 115 gr. @ .19 each; Sierra 125 gr. @ .27 each. Oh, and the usual Berrys plated @ .07 each. Plus shipping.

I used to like Speer bullets, but somewhere over the years, just about everything they make became a plated bullet. Looks better than say, Berrys, but not all that much. Cost a little less than "real" jacketed bullets but not enough less.

Rocky Mountain Reloading makes their own 9mm bullets, I haven't tried that product yet. Theirs are "real" jacketed bullets, the 115 and 124 gr. cost about a dime per and that includes shipping.

Cheap, factory 9mm ammo online is about a quarter apiece. The reloading math: 10 cents for bullet, 10 cents for primer, one cent for powder, that's 21 cents. With you providing the brass and the labor. So reloading it doesn't make a lot of sense unless you are already doing it with old stock components. Somebody might be able to shave a cent or two off these component prices. And if someone comes along and tells me they are getting it for .20 each, they are just making my case stronger.

What might make sense is, if for whatever reason, cheap factory 9mm could not longer be bought. Online sales tend to be cheaper due to lower overhead of the seller, but there may or may not be "free" shipping. If interstate ammo sales were to be banned, this sales advantage would go away.
I've used the in-house Rocky Mountain 115 gr 9mm bullets since they were introduced. Very consistent and high quality. The price has gone up in the last year or so, but so has everything else. I load enough 9mm to make it worthwhile, but just barely. Reloading just about every other caliber is an absolute no-brainer, but I cast my own bullets for my 38/357, 40/10mm and 45 loads.

RMR is good to go. They are all I use anymore for my 9mm. They occasionally have sales at 5-10% off. But I think overall a good deal. I'm not paying that much more per k than I was for my coated bullets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top