JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Big thumbs-up for Loadbooks - I have one for each of the calibres I load and they are priceless sources of information. I just keep them all in my drag bag so I can haul them out on the range if needed.

tac

Do you reload at the range?

Sometimes I use the Lee hand unit for my 45-70 Govt - just for decapping though, since I only have one rifle in this calibre the cases are fire-formed and the 500gr bullet it a [hard] push fit.

Sides, there are lots of folks there shoot the same calibres as I do - .308Win, 6.5x55SE, 7x57 Mauser and 7.5x55 Swiss.

tac

I use my 550's like a single stage fairly often when I'm loading something new or trying to figure out a certain load. I use the Rock Chucker quite a bit also and I can't see where either one makes better ammunition than the other. If you are on a budget start with the Rockchucker, you'll have it forever. If you plan to be doing volume think hard on the 550, both are lifetime tools.

Right. I bought my Rockchucker as a Combo at Wiesbaden R&GC back in '78, and have been using it ever since.

...and two Lees and a Dillon. One lee is permanently set up for .357Mag - I shoot a good deal of that, but the Rockchucker, a single-stage press does most duty, followed by the Dillon.

tac

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top