JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can carry a fair amount of weight, but my back may not hold up to pack elk quarters and such, so was wondering about game carts. I know that they may not be practical on super rough ground or timber, but think once a person gets to any kind of reasonable trail, they'd have to be better than nothing.

Anyone use them and/or have any recommendations? If it matters, going to be hunting in eastern Oregon.

Thanks in advance!

I'm a volunteer with my local fire dept. and we do high angle rope rescue. One piece of equipment we have is called a SKED. It's basically a thick and pliable sheet of plastic that's about 3'W X8'L. There are holes around the entire perimeter to allow you to strap in the victim and haul them up and out of their current location. I've always thought this would be a great tool for packing out a deer or possibly an elk. They are quite expensive in my opinion though. If our dept. ever takes one out of service I will probably try to get it!!!

Last Edited:
Similar item, if you're willing to wait, are the roll-up sleds they sell during winter. Admittedly not of the same caliber (pun not intended) but maybe a solution.

Hi
I have tried several different carts over the years for elk. The one below is by far my hunting groups favorite. Very well built, will last for years and has a great resale value. The large one motorcycle wheel design allows for rolling over rocks easier and allows us to cut across steep side hills where most carts would tip over. When by myself, I take two quarters at a time using this cart.. With a partner we take the whole elk out in one trip. This cart is a bit overkill if you only have a short haul. The longer the haul and the rougher the terrain the more attractive this cart becomes.

GameTote.com
They sell a completed unit or kits.

I've also seen homemade variations made for one person using the motorcycle wheel with the drum brake.

Something to think about and give you ideas.

:)

I use one of the kids trailers with the stroller front wheel attachment. I bought it off Craigslist cheap and it has the solid plastic bottom as well as a handle to push with. I just strap the deer in using the straps it came with and take a deer for a stroll.

Other options would be...Original Deer Sleigh'r Game Sled, Big Game, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

I've always wondered about these, looks like a great idea. What if your pulling it uphill and the rope slips out of your hand? lol Does it just slide back down? Just a though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top