JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here ya go! Built on a Daumoline Mauser receiver with Pedderson 24 inch barrel. 4 rounds of 535 gr Oryx soft points over 153 grain charge smokin along at 2540 FPS and just over 7700 Foot Pounds!
Stock is English Walnut from Grand Dads private stash!
p?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F93%2Fd5%2F4e%2F93d54e2fc5b429325cc6da9af33bd5e0.jpg

:eek: .40? Surely you jest! Im an old geezer who has used .45acp, .40s&w 9mmP, .38, .357 as duty weapons and have qualified a few times with each over the years. Now Im not sayin that the .40 is the Holy Grail of defensive cartridges- but for myself, the first time I fired one in the discontinued S&W 411 I was sold on it as an edc pistol round. It is accurate and has more down-range thump than the 9mmP, and I do handload for it. Not as bulky as a .45- I know this from years of packing a Combat Commander and/or a Glock 21...
Truth In Packaging here: Mostly my carry in retirement piece IS a Glock 21:D, which tho somewhat bulky holds a lot of my .45acp loads.. That said, the .40 and it's larger sibling the 10mm DO fill a niche... Sadly tho since the 9mmP has been subjected to intensive product improvement beyond the wildest dreams of Georg Luger, the .40 has fallen behind in sales and use. I'd like to see the .40s&w subjected to some "product improvement" to capitalise on it's increased case capacity and caliber vis a vis the 9mmP..
As Always, YMMV!

Here ya go! Built on a Daumoline Mauser receiver with Pedderson 24 inch barrel. 4 rounds of 535 gr Oryx soft points over 153 grain charge smokin along at 2540 FPS and just over 7700 Foot Pounds!
Stock is English Walnut from Grand Dads private stash!
View attachment 524781
Beautiful rifle, but that has GOT to hurt! Do you cull elephant herds with that?;)

:eek: .40? Surely you jest! Im an old geezer who has used .45acp, .40s&w 9mmP, .38, .357 as duty weapons and have qualified a few times with each over the years. Now Im not sayin that the .40 is the Holy Grail of defensive cartridges- but for myself, the first time I fired one in the discontinued S&W 411 I was sold on it as an edc pistol round. It is accurate and has more down-range thump than the 9mmP, and I do handload for it. Not as bulky as a .45- I know this from years of packing a Combat Commander and/or a Glock 21...
Truth In Packaging here: Mostly my carry in retirement piece IS a Glock 21:D, which tho somewhat bulky holds a lot of my .45acp loads.. That said, the .40 and it's larger sibling the 10mm DO fill a niche... Sadly tho since the 9mmP has been subjected to intensive product improvement beyond the wildest dreams of Georg Luger, the .40 has fallen behind in sales and use. I'd like to see the .40s&w subjected to some "product improvement" to capitalise on it's increased case capacity and caliber vis a vis the 9mmP..
As Always, YMMV!

Not to nit yer pick, but why not a Glock G-20 10mm auto, that'll solve all your needs for the .40 short and weak, and is a familiar platform to you! There has been more done in the last few years for the 10 mm performance then the entire life of the .40, might as well embrace the suck and step up!:):cool:

Funny as I have been enjoying one of my failed cartridges lately, the once famous .500 Jeffries! While it is still produced in very small batches, and one can still find it, for around $15 per round!:eek:
Hand loaded comes in around $3 per round! That's the only way I can afford it!

I not sure I call it a failed cartridge, it got by with about a "D-" average. :p
.500 Jeffery - Norma

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top