JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
K.
Cheaper than Dirt shows a number of H&H offerings that hover around $1000.
Granted, there's fewer options for the Ruger round, but they're both less expensive than any of the H&H choices.

The first rifle I ever had custom built was a VZ24 Mauser in 308 Norma Magnum. Great caliber that will fit in normal length actions. Easy to rechambered a 30-06 and simply open the bolt face to make a long range rifle. There is also the 358 Norma Magnum. I am restoring a classic Mauser right now that has been rechambered to 8mm-06.
My uncle has a sporterized turkish mauser in 8mm-06. It's his best shooter.

*edit*
In it's day, 8mm-06 was *the* most popular wildcat. You could even get factory ammo for it.

Last Edited:
40sw is a great cartridge. prob the best blend of 9mm and 45acp there is. look aty the ballistics they dont lie....the 45 acp is so slow you can see the bullet against a snowy backdrop....but yes it makes a large HOLE!

Who loaded for 8mm-06? Can you show us a box?
Trying to verify. It's starting to look like ancient urban legend. Uncle L (Mauser fan) died last year. Most of his rendezvous buddies are gone. Uncle C claims to recall seeing 8mm-06 in factory boxes "years ago". Maybe false. Sorry.

HA! Check it out! I got curious, so I decided to do my own search....

SAM_0619.jpg

I'm sure its not exactly what you were getting at, but there it is! :p:D

I don't know why people complain about the .40 S&W and I never pick up more than I shoot. Haven't heard anyone make a real case for getting rid of it. People are more just stuck on 9mm and 45 and police can't shoot for crap so they're going back to 9mm for the extra opportunities to actually hit the target. Lol

People too hooked on having as many shots as possible on tap without reloading.
The compromise there is 9mm.
"Police can't shoot" could stem from not strict enough teaching policies when it comes to shooting.
A friend was a federal security guard and he always shot from the opposite eye.
I told him that's poor form and in an emergency situation, he's more likely to miss doing that.
His argument was that his bosses were fine with how he shot the gun, so that's how he was going to shoot.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads