JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Her annual salary was only $77,000 a month? No wonder she accepted 10 grand a month from the cannabis company that was also gonna pay her $30K for each license she granted to that company's affiliates. "I'm just trying to make ends meet for my family."

And she was Oregon's chief election officer as well?

Hell yeah, those elections (114 too) should be investigated.

And here we thought Washington was the most screwed up, corrupt state in the PNW.
We are the most screwed up state

WTH did I just read??? They got a 1/2 million dollars illegally and only a $13k fine, no one went to jail???

Did anybody scroll down to the bottom to see their poll?

6EDAE6BC-1743-43FB-9ABB-6B26E216C8FF.png

Very sad but absolutely true. Criminals commit violent crimes then whoop, they're back on the street, ready to commit more.
I think they're (DOJ, other law enforcement agencies) mainly wanting the data on criminals, and their criminal behavior. Ultimately the govt will try to control the lot of us according to the rules that they are able to discern, based on their analysis of that criminal behavior. Every arrest/conviction may not result in a reasonable sentence, but for every arrest or conviction, the govt has now gained another bit of data.

Consider the BLM protests in inner SW portland, all the smash & grabs, vandalism, arson. the arrests made made the event into a field day for statisticians, or anybody tasked with educating the governmental machine.

What was Fagan doing, LEGALLY helping La Mota grow their business outside Oregon, for said $10k/month + $30k bonus, leveraging permits. Per link:

States like Connecticut prohibit getting paid for results (cannabis permits) that are contingent on administrative action. Should be that way in Oregon.

M 114 is similar. What about industries that want an exemption from firearm permits, while everybody else is still subject to them. They want the exemption (akin to the permit, itself) and lobby to make that law happen. They pay ostensibly impartial politicians, like Fagan, to help their industry out. She is no stranger to side jobs like this so while no, she did not get the private contract, in this case, she did manage to pull a few strings (rig the election) in order to get the permits into being.

It's a shady, gray area that the legality of her La Mota side job had that enabled her to misread the distinction between what is right vs what is wrong.

What was Fagan doing, LEGALLY helping La Mota grow their business outside Oregon, for said $10k/month + $30k bonus, leveraging permits. Per link:

States like Connecticut prohibit getting paid for results (cannabis permits) that are contingent on administrative action. Should be that way in Oregon.

M 114 is similar. What about industries that want an exemption from firearm permits, while everybody else is still subject to them. They want the exemption (akin to the permit, itself) and lobby to make that law happen. They pay ostensibly impartial politicians, like Fagan, to help their industry out. She is no stranger to side jobs like this so while no, she did not get the private contract, in this case, she did manage to pull a few strings (rig the election) in order to get the permits into being.

It's a shady, gray area that the legality of her La Mota side job had that enabled her to misread the distinction between what is right vs what is wrong.
Bring back tar and feathers and guillotines, let's do this right!

I find her claim that she was struggling at her government salary (plus car, etc), laughable.
I recall her making around $75k give or take. She has a law degree, which means she also has a bachelor's degree, she could easily be paying over $1k/month to student loans. $75k isn't going to get her very far.

Understood. BTDT before with my ex, and seen many other attorneys (who don't make that much starting out) do it also.
To me, her claim that the job didn't pay enough and she was trying to make ends meet is a perverse attempt at aligning herself with tens of thousands of college educated who also owe on student loans but make significantly less.

I find her claim that she was struggling at her government salary (plus car, etc), laughable.
Less than 40k a year for that job. About 20 bucks an hour, assuming only a 40-hour week.
Well under $3500 a month. Costs me ~5k a month just to maintain my humble lifestyle.

If she's only paying 2k a month for rent and utilities, half her pay is gone just to have a roof over her head.

Even if I don't agree with her choices, I wouldn't say that's laughable. No disrespect, just sayin'.

Less than 40k a year for that job. About 20 bucks an hour, assuming only a 40-hour week.
Well under $3500 a month. Costs me ~5k a month just to maintain my humble lifestyle.

If she's only paying 2k a month for rent and utilities, half her pay is gone just to have a roof over her head.

Even if I don't agree with her choices, I wouldn't say that's laughable. No disrespect, just sayin'.
Maybe she was too stupid to look up the salary + benefits and then put pencil to paper to calculate her budget.

They do it for the power and grift. She got greedy too early and got caught.

Maybe she was too stupid to look up the salary + benefits and then put pencil to paper to calculate her budget.

They do it for the power and grift. She got greedy too early and got caught.
Or she did it simply to help in some way. Or 1000 other reasons.
I've taken on a few jobs that didn't pay well in $$$ but was still satisfying.

Seems it's like this in life:
Young, for the money.
Later in life, for the prestige,
and finally, for us old farts, the satisfaction of a job well done.

I'm going on 60, and as much as I like a big payday, I'd prefer to do something that really matters.
I'd rather work serving the homeless meals for min-wage than work for Nike at 100k a year.
I'm no Mother Teresa, nothing altruistic about it, just a sense that I'm helping.

I think to say someone did something for power, swindling, greed, et al assumes a lot about someone you probably don't know much about.

IMO, don't be a hater when you really don't know their story. I'm sure like most of us I figure, you've had folks judge you based upon bias.

dontjudge.jpg

Young, for the money.

I'm going on 60, and as much as I like a big payday, I'd prefer to do something that really matters.
I'd rather work serving the homeless meals for min-wage than work for Nike at 100k a year.
I'm no Mother Teresa, nothing altruistic about it, just a sense that I'm helping.

I think to say someone did something for power, swindling, greed, et al assumes a lot about someone you probably don't know much about.

IMO, don't be a hater when you really don't know their story. I'm sure like most of us I figure, you've had folks judge you based upon bias.

View attachment 1423693
She has a pattern of bias in how she performs her duties as SOS. It really doesn't matter what else she has going on in her personal life.

Understood. BTDT before with my ex, and seen many other attorneys (who don't make that much starting out) do it also.
To me, her claim that the job didn't pay enough and she was trying to make ends meet is a perverse attempt at aligning herself with tens of thousands of college educated who also owe on student loans but make significantly less.
Attorneys have really low average salaries. Yes, there are outliers that make bank. It's been years since I've looked at it, but average is only around $50k.

Young, for the money.

View attachment 1423693
Riiiight… which is why she apparently worked less than half-time at the SOS job, as far putting in actual hours goes.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top