JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On complete rifles, are the lowers the same as their semi auto counterparts?
You would have to ask them. I can't see a reason for a buffer and spring but other than that, it's a mil-spec lower receiver and would require an FFL. Not sure how the state views it since it's not coming as a semi-auto, kills everything in it's path, scary black 30 clip per second thingy with the part that goes up.

Unless it's factory made as a straight pull rifle, no gas port or tube, Without the ability to use the lower with a SA upper, ergo not "an AR15" AND you had have an FFL willing to transfer it, And a seller willing to ship it, I think this is a nonstarter.

Well if you remove gas system. Block off port it is essentially a straight pull bolt gun with auto assist loading.
That's not what I asked. Does anyone sell one? I have "doubts" that the state is going to let someone buy a stripped lower because they pinky swear they will not put it together as a semi. Is anyone selling stripped lowers here in WA any more? Now if someone makes one that you actually can't put together as a semi? I would have to guess it would not fly here.

Last Edited:
Precise Shooter in Woodinville. Zermatt short action receiver.
Here is the site for the Co. Interesting looking place

Here is the site for the Co. Interesting looking place

It actually shipped from Northland Precision, who seems to sell a lot Zermatt receivers.

Zermatt Origin is rem700 stock/mag compatible but takes savage prefit barrels. Comes with m16 extractor and othe typical improvements one would do to a basic 700 action. And the bolt heads are swappable. Mine has a PPC bolt for grendel/arc but could switch to any short action bolt. Basic receiver with one bolt is about $900.

It actually shipped from Northland Precision, who seems to sell a lot Zermatt receivers.

Zermatt Origin is rem700 stock/mag compatible but takes savage prefit barrels. Comes with m16 extractor and othe typical improvements one would do to a basic 700 action. And the bolt heads are swappable. Mine has a PPC bolt for grendel/arc but could switch to any short action bolt. Basic receiver with one bolt is about $900.
That's not what @arakboss is asking about. That's just a Remington 700 clone set in a chassis, which are perfectly legal, no question.

He's talking about an AR-15 based lower with a bolt action upper, such as these: https://uintahprecision.com/

That's not what @arakboss is asking about. That's just a Remington 700 clone set in a chassis, which are perfectly legal, no question.

He's talking about an AR-15 based lower with a bolt action upper, such as these: https://uintahprecision.com/
Look like nice rifles. From the site this "sounds" like it would be no go here:

The UP-15 billet lower is a sleek no non-sense AR15 lower receiver, ready for your next build. Whether you're looking to complete your Uintah Precision bolt action AR build or a standard AR15 build, the UP-15 includes a lot of features for a great price.

Sure sounds like the lower would still be an AR lower. So have to guess a semi upper would just pin on.

The UP-15 billet lower is a sleek no non-sense AR15 lower receiver, ready for your next build. Whether you're looking to complete your Uintah Precision bolt action AR build or a standard AR15 build, the UP-15 includes a lot of features for a great price.

Sure sounds like the lower would still be an AR lower. So have to guess a semi upper would just pin on.
Correct, it would be a no-go here.

Right standard AR lower. In a technical sense I do not think the Uintah upper is illegal to ship to a washington buyer. It can't be used to make an assault weapon.

If I were arakboss I would contact Uintah to ask if they will ship a bolt upper to WA.

Right standard AR lower. In a technical sense I do not think the Uintah upper is illegal to ship to a washington buyer. It can't be used to make an assault weapon.

If I were arakboss I would contact Uintah to ask if they will ship a bolt upper to WA.
The upper should not be a problem since its mail order. Some places are still selling AR parts to WA. Some are not willing to as they just don't trust the AG here to not come at them and force them to pay for lawyers. The law was so poorly written that its going to be very hit and miss. The parts that need an FFL are what are going to be absolutely no would be my best guess. Since few if any FFL's here are going to want to put their entire operation on the line against side show bob. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top