JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That page bugs the crap out of me. I live towards Philomath and hear police cars zipping by at near 100mph at least twice a week, heading towards the coast between dark and midnight. I don't see any indication of those trips in there. I'm currently shopping for a scanner.

I do know what you mean about that feeling though. I spent a good deal of time learning how to read people, and one thing stays the same - that feeling. Learning how to read people just gives you the reason that you have that feeling. Sounds like you witnessed some sort of predatory activity, whether it be looking for an unlocked vehicle or other easy target. Don't ever look like an easy target, that's for sure.

That page is why I moved out of downtown to where I am now. That and the halfway house down the street.

A month after I moved I saw an entry that a guy with an AR was picked up a few blocks from my old place. Apparently he was going to hit a drug house up for the take.

Avoid becoming a victim, talk out loud like a pirate shaking your fist at the sky in random spurts.

They don't like people crazier than themselves.

SF-

Reminds me of when I used to work at the Westin Bldg in Downtown SEA. I worked evenings (4p-12a) for a while and being a smoker (at that time) went outside the bldg to smoke. The number of individuals that would ask for "spare change", extra smokes, etc was staggering. We finally came up with a marketable solution: The B.A.S.K. (Bum Avoidal Survival Kit) which consisted of: three pennies superglued together, an empty pack of cigarettes and, when noticed/targeted a trademarked loud bark of Meh, Meh, Meh in rapid succession.

When asked for spare change show them the superglued pennies and say "This is all I have but I have been trying to get them apart for three weeks. Maybe you would have better luck with it?"

When asked for an extra cigarette show them the empty pack and say "Sorry, this was the last of them..."

If you see one of them make a beeline for you, look up in the air and tilt your head and shout "Meh, Meh, Meh" in rapid succession. Works like a charm ;)

All in fun of course. We still laugh about the BASK years later.

Found an app for my smart phone, Scanner radio, actually has listeners posting scanner output on the net so you can listen to local police calls.
Cool, so I down load it and open it to my local area.
Not on line, but I can get Adair village. :huh:

May be useful in a stressful situation.

Found an app for my smart phone, Scanner radio, actually has listeners posting scanner output on the net so you can listen to local police calls.
Cool, so I down load it and open it to my local area.
Not on line, but I can get Adair village. :huh:

May be useful in a stressful situation.

What's that app called?

I worked in supermarkets for years and would pickup on the mannerisms of thieves. Their walk, movement,and such would just trip my trigger ;-),
I put it down to years of hunting, and people watching.
As a kid my step-father would always say pay attention. He was a forward artillery spotter from Normandy, to The Bulge and the end in Germany, 5 battle stars. As I grew older I realized his experience taught him, if you weren't paying attention, you were going to get hurt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top