JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a big deal to those of us who shoot year around here. I was an eotech fan boy until I figured this out. I actually thought I was having problems because I was using temp sensitive powder. I'll have to re check when it gets cold again.

I read so many threads on eotechs issue. I can't remember exactly where I read it but one thread or article stated that it was affected by temperature differences in either direction and even a relativity small tempure change could start to affect it. So Lets say you zero yours in in the spring or summer when it's 70* then you happen to go out winter and it happens to be 35-45* your eotech could most likely be off. Then obviously vise-versa this situation.

All this controversy. The internet = holy grail. Our government would not steer us wrong. Lives were lost. They raised their right hand and signed their life away per contractual agreement. Bait and hook, propaganda. There are many forms of food on the internet. Eat what drives your need.

So Lets say you zero yours in in the spring or summer when it's 70* then you happen to go out winter and it happens to be 35-45* your eotech could most likely be off. Then obviously vise-versa this situation.

That right there isn't an issue just for eotechs. If you zero a scope at 70 F but then it becomes 40 F, you have to zero it again. Temperature does affect your zero, as does a few other things.

I love my eotech. It is an older model. I have requested to return and have yet to hear back. If they approve I will send in, get the refund and buy a new Eotech. If they do not approve the return, I am ok with that as I love the optic and its large FOV

So, you love your Eotech. Why are you sending it back...because you can..because it's broke..because you're following like the rest of the sharks.
I see. You want the newer model. If I worked Eotech support, you just slit your own throat. REFUND DECLINED

Reach in your wallet and place $$$ on counter. Take one home.
Enjoy them both.

I did reach in my wallet and place significant $$$ on the counter. However if Eotech says that the unit is defective, I will gladly take back my significant $$$ that I invested and re-invest in a new model that is free of defect. Pretty simple concept.

I love my eotech. It is an older model. I have requested to return and have yet to hear back. If they approve I will send in, get the refund and buy a new Eotech. If they do not approve the return, I am ok with that as I love the optic and its large FOV
FYI-My buddy originally submitted a request and never heard back. He asked me how long it took to get my authorization response, which only took a couple of days for me. So he ended up resubmitting the request and got a return authorization the second time. So if you are looking to return it, you can try resubmitting the request.

I did reach in my wallet and place significant $$$ on the counter. However if Eotech says that the unit is defective, I will gladly take back my significant $$$ that I invested and re-invest in a new model that is free of defect. Pretty simple concept.
Something we each have to weigh out. I paid premium for my Aimpoint CompM4s back in the day. It'd be a balancing act if it were working fine.

Did Stomper pay you to say that :D
I agree though...my Aimpoint is rock solid and the battery lasts for ever

When you're really, really, REALLY ridiculously good looking, everyone becomes a hater. o_O

image.jpeg

Something we each have to weigh out. I paid premium for my Aimpoint CompM4s back in the day. It'd be a balancing act if it were working fine.
I love Aimpoint as well. Their optics are great. At SHOT I talked to the owner of the company purely by accident. I was all excited to start carrying them in my shop, but their profit margins are horrible. I would be losing money to sell them. Makes me sad.

I returned two, one needed warrant work anyway, I prefer the eotech but have a T1 on my go to ar and a 1-4 on my other, will probably stick to aimpoint from now on

Last Edited:
All that's going on, why are new Eotech HWS still available in the retail market? Given the issues, I would surely think everything would have gotten pulled. Is it model specific? Models made on a Monday, compared to Wednesday? There's a legit gripe on them, no doubt about it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top